Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Fastlane Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

I support the family business out in the 100 degree heat everyday. I'm done with the heat for the day after that....

As for Billy... I'll make it out there soon to pick that stuff up. Maybe next week or so?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'll be there even if I have to race myself
Old 08-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I'M GONNA TRY TO COME OUT, I'LL RACE RUBBER IF I DO.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

So exactly WHO is it that makes the decision - RUBBER OR FOAM?

I see a lot of discussion here - and I assume that a person needs to be prepared to run ANYTHING at ANY TIME.........

IF it's cool enough......

OR does everyone just drive out to the track and stand around until the Grand Poobah steps forward and SAYS what is going to happen on any given day?

I really fail to see how any of this happens on an organized basis......

Can this possibly explain the low racer counts????

AND lack of new entrants?????
Old 08-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Serriously dude... Its not that hard... If you want to run rubber.... RUN RUBBER.. If you want to run foam... RUN FOAM...
Old 08-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris K
So exactly WHO is it that makes the decision - RUBBER OR FOAM?

I see a lot of discussion here - and I assume that a person needs to be prepared to run ANYTHING at ANY TIME.........

IF it's cool enough......

OR does everyone just drive out to the track and stand around until the Grand Poobah steps forward and SAYS what is going to happen on any given day?

I really fail to see how any of this happens on an organized basis......

Can this possibly explain the low racer counts????

AND lack of new entrants?????
serioulsy i know you aren't this dumb
Old 08-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Hello Chris, It's really fairly simple when a person comes out to race at Fastlane.
We have a stock rubber tire class and a stock foam tire class each racer can decide which class they want to run. Then they come up to sign in and they are ready to race. We have been running stock rubber and stock foam classes for 5 years now not much has changed, we are looking for a big turn out in the mini class this winter season. There is talk of an open sedan class also this winter. Hopefully some 1/12 also. But those are our classes for this winter seaon a full list of classes and rules will be posted shortly on our website www.fastlanehobby.com

We allow the novak 13.5 in all stock classes and Novak or LRP esc's ONLY, in the stock classes. We are testing with the Orion and LRP 13.5 tonight to see how they compare in speed, before we allow them to be used on a regular basis.

Again its all really up to you to decide which class you want to run.

Hope this helps
Shane
Old 08-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

and if you wanna' run a Mamba????????

BUT, my understanding is that the set ups are completely DIFFERENT for rubber and foam.......

AND, it's my understanding that these cars take quite a bit of TIME to set up - don't you have to use that sheet of 1/2" glass that is in the pit area?

Soooo, exactly how long does it take someone to change set ups from foam to rubber and back? 30 minutes??? 45????

Is this another timed event? Kinda' like a form of qualifying??? The first guy finished starts at the back of the pack?

Don't they run different shock springs???? Shock Oil????

So, the standard procedure is:

Show up at track....

Wait for arrival of Grand Poobah.....

Learn what class you're running at that moment - every racer has a 50% chance of having the right set up!

the unlucky group get's to totally re-arrange their cars......

AND, possibly buy a new set of tires IF they don't happen to have the magic combination.... What's workin' out there these days - sky blue pink on the front and orange/chartruse on the rear?

BUT, the good news is that the ones who happened to have the RIGHT set up get to practice while the unlucky ones who had to change their set up get to.......

work....

on....

their...

set-up.....

and hope that it doesn't get too hot and racing get's cancelled......
Old 08-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

assssssssssshooooooooolllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 08-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

HUH?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

I coulda' swore if I took a few of those EXTRA letters out of that post it would have called me (or someone!) a nasty name........

AND, that would'nt be a positive thing to do.......

but it wouldn't be unexpected either......
Old 08-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Well what I don't understand about this whole thing is... If you don't like it so much... Why do you keep asking pointless questions? When your clearly not going to come race. I do think everyone on here has been plenty patient with your backhanded comments.

Actually if you came out to the track sometime you would probably know what I said is kind of a inside joke. You know we do have fun there

.................................................. ........................
I shall take this time to say I am in no way connected with fastlane. I'm just a random ahole who races time to time
Old 08-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

and if you wanna' run a Mamba????????
thats what the open class is for, so eric, billy, bear and anthony can lap you 30 times and you can just break your car in half on the first lap when you hit the board using all your completely overpowered mamba greatness
Old 08-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

and hope that it doesn't get too hot and racing get's cancelled......
racing hasn't been cancelled because of the heat people just don't when it's 100 degrees
Old 08-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I would be interested in a open class. But If you want to run a mamba speedo I think that is some thing to be reconsidered. Stock is stock, if it were brushed you could run any speedo on the planet. I really don't get the no mamba deal in stock. Especially with the 13mm rotor and all coming out its just another tuning option. Speedos are speedos. Speck is over rated this hobby is supposed to be free spirited.

As for the open class I would like to run some. If you guys can get one going I would do some from time to time.
I don't plan on breaking my car on the first alp though.
And if you all might find a way to open the speedos and motors more you may see more people is what Chris is getting at. At the oval tracks there are 10 to 1 Mambas. if those people could just show up throw down and find the class they can fit in there may be more turn out. I would say run what you brung have fun and let each persons current equipment determine the class or skill level class they run in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.