Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Louis Dirt Burners

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco
They also different by how the motor is wound, certain winds Y in particular respond to timing much better. I know with tekin you can also replace anything on it, i.e. the sensor board, the rotor, and the bearings. Not sure if you can with the other brands.

Go with Tekin, they have the best customer service in the business, Randy Pike is the man, he can answer any questions you may have, and all of their 1/8th scale stuff is built right here in the USA.

With a Tekin the resell value is high as well.

I have had the same 1700kv motor for over 2 years, it's been in a Losi, a Mugen, and now XB9, I've taken it apart to replace the bearings once.

No manufacter is bullet proof, electronics fail and there's nothing you can do about it.
I actually do have to agree with you on this. From what I have heard and seen from other people Tekins customer service is awesome. I have not used one of their motors but not many people have had problems with the motor side of tekins system so it has to be at least pretty good.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

who cares what people run, your doing a great job with your hobbywing stuff. you couldve got 1st with a few less wrecks and crashes. I doubt your speedo was the reason why you didn't get 1st lol. you got the speed and consistency. just put it all together and keep practicing. in a couple more years your gonna be a force to be reckoned with, you are already proving that.

you guys make this hobby so fun for newbies. keep it up, your doing a great job getting more guys at our track!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hammer has a good point
Old 07-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mark Erce
who cares what people run, your doing a great job with your hobbywing stuff. you couldve got 1st with a few less wrecks and crashes. I doubt your speedo was the reason why you didn't get 1st lol. you got the speed and consistency. just put it all together and keep practicing. in a couple more years your gonna be a force to be reckoned with, you are already proving that.

you guys make this hobby so fun for newbies. keep it up, your doing a great job getting more guys at our track!
we are talking esc and motors you braught carter into this lol
Old 07-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigBoyBigToy
Yup I'm convinced I godda go stock up on hobby wing and speed passion lol maybe he should of had tekin or Orion he would have got 1rst?
nevermind! keep debating on esc and motors and who has the biggest socks. i got work tomorrow. goodnight!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco
They also different by how the motor is wound, certain winds Y in particular respond to timing much better. I know with tekin you can also replace anything on it, i.e. the sensor board, the rotor, and the bearings. Not sure if you can with the other brands.

Go with Tekin, they have the best customer service in the business, Randy Pike is the man, he can answer any questions you may have, and all of their 1/8th scale stuff is built right here in the USA.

With a Tekin the resell value is high as well.

I have had the same 1700kv motor for over 2 years, it's been in a Losi, a Mugen, and now XB9, I've taken it apart to replace the bearings once.

No manufacter is bullet proof, electronics fail and there's nothing you can do about it.
+1

Don't like the issues I've had with the RX8, but love the service, Tekin took care of all issues. The T8's are pretty bullet proof. I just wish they'd come out with a good 1/10 540 can motor, I'm sure they eventually will. It's hard to beat good customer service!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

they are coming out with a new one. I'll just stock up on like 3 of these and I'll be good for at least 6+ years!

but I would get the Tekin or Orion. they are much better and superior. you definitely can feel every penny you spent on it!

oh and Good job Carter getting 5th in the expert Ebuggy at Futaba and using a cheap Hobbywing esc and motor. you indirectly have just slapped about 7 faces without knowing it
Did u say crack????
Old 07-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

+1
Old 07-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Mark, I appreciate it. I know you did pretty well also, but I really didn't watch anyone else race besides myself, Andrew (), and some of the pros during buggy...so I dont know exactly where you finished. I do know you got ahead of me in nitro buggy though
we are talking esc and motors you braught carter into this lol
Old 07-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

I did horrible, i just wasnt into it like I normally am. just an off weekend for me. oh well!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slash and Burn
+1
Thanks, You and Dillon did great too. Wasn't really able to find Dillons results at the track (he was in most of my races), but you were killing it in truggy!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slash and Burn
+1

Don't like the issues I've had with the RX8, but love the service, Tekin took care of all issues. The T8's are pretty bullet proof. I just wish they'd come out with a good 1/10 540 can motor, I'm sure they eventually will. It's hard to beat good customer service!
There motor does seem to be super good and reliable I've had bad luck with the rx8!! It was a nice smooth esc just didn't seem to work very long for me.
The Orion r8 did make it six months b4 the sensor board came loose and I love the feel of it the fan doesn't seem to last and the motor isn't very reliable.. But the bottom line get what u want get what u can afford!! Maybe one day they will all hold up very well
Old 07-25-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If anyone is looking for a duo charger, hobbypartz has 400x2 SkyRC charger for $115 shipped minus 5% coupon. Normally $150. The Hitec and Protek versions go for $190 before coupon. Of course it has not been relabeled with a name brand so obviously you will be at least .5 sec slower per lap if you use this charger...Flame away...

http://www.hobbypartz.com/26p-ultimate800-charger.html
Old 07-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kcobra
If anyone is looking for a duo charger, hobbypartz has 400x2 SkyRC charger for $115 shipped minus 5% coupon. Normally $150. The Hitec and Protek versions go for $190 before coupon. Of course it has not been relabeled with a name brand so obviously you will be at least .5 sec slower per lap if you use this charger...Flame away...

http://www.hobbypartz.com/26p-ultimate800-charger.html
Lmao!! How's the new location?
Old 07-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Lmao!! How's the new location?
Doing good John. Houston is definitely big and busy! Houston has a lot of RC tracks (all privately owned which is a change for me). The RC Pro finals is down in Houston again this year. I'll probably do that race. Hopefully some of y'all can make it down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.