Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Louis Dirt Burners

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

To all-I am absolutely positive that you will love your hobbywing. Their speed controls period are durable as all get out, which is why they are the only thing I use. I have destroyed a ton of crap in this hobby, but never a HW speed control. However I did see a friend fry his (no smoke or anything) by plugging in the bullets to his battery wrong (keep in mind this is the really old 35 amp edition...and my friend is just stupid). I have ran the 1/8th scale speed controls a long time at DB, and have never seen even the 80 amp version get above 130 degrees. The hobbywings can reportedly take up to 230 before they crap out. I am not sure about this because I have not been able to get one that hot.

John, if the Orions are indeed related to the Hobbywings, they should be able to run with out a sweat...or fire.

I will always stand behind hobbywing even though I am not supported by them. If anybody has anything weird going on with their speed control, I have the "Professional LCD Box" for uploading firmware. It will solve most problems.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigBoyBigToy
Thats a great deal!! Get one Tyler
I think I just might. That will help offset the cost of the Orion. Any recommendations on which motor would be a good choice John?
Team Orion Vortex MR8 4 Pole 1/8 Scale Sensored Brushless Motor (1950kV) ??
Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

Originally Posted by rcboy1
To all-I am absolutely positive that you will love your hobbywing. Their speed controls period are durable as all get out, which is why they are the only thing I use. I have destroyed a ton of crap in this hobby, but never a HW speed control. However I did see a friend fry his (no smoke or anything) by plugging in the bullets to his battery wrong (keep in mind this is the really old 35 amp edition...and my friend is just stupid). I have ran the 1/8th scale speed controls a long time at DB, and have never seen even the 80 amp version get above 130 degrees. The hobbywings can reportedly take up to 230 before they crap out. I am not sure about this because I have not been able to get one that hot.

John, if the Orions are indeed related to the Hobbywings, they should be able to run with out a sweat...or fire.

I will always stand behind hobbywing even though I am not supported by them. If anybody has anything weird going on with their speed control, I have the "Professional LCD Box" for uploading firmware. It will solve most problems.
They will only know when they crossover! I totally agree with you though!
I'm really loving my HW paired with the Tekin motor.
Just be sure to grab the LCD programming box and upload this firmware. You shouldn't have any problems then.
http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=218

Last edited by IROC-AR15; 02-27-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Club meeting

Tuesday march 6th
7pm room 200 at the Kirkwood community center
111 s geyer road
Old 02-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FlatBusted
Club meeting

Tuesday march 6th
111 s geyer road
is that the only time i can buy the membership?
Old 02-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by midwestcajun
I think I just might. That will help offset the cost of the Orion. Any recommendations on which motor would be a good choice John?
Team Orion Vortex MR8 4 Pole 1/8 Scale Sensored Brushless Motor (1950kV) ??
Go with the 1950 for some reason it smoother feeling than the 1700 version... I might actually buy one of those as a back up but I wanna drive Someones to feel if there at least in the ballpark with the smoothness because I'm so loving the Orion r8 feels so fn smooth and the brakes are so consistent. Just a great feeling speedo and motor combo..
Old 02-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcboy1
is that the only time i can buy the membership?
No you can pick up memberships at the track (during races)
Old 02-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

No you can pick up memberships at the track (during races)
Awesome, thanks.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (98%+)

Club meeting

Tuesday march 6th
111 s geyer road
Is that were the ice rink is or used to be by the park its been a while
Old 02-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IROC-AR15
http://www.nitrorcx.com/07e-c-xerun-150a-sd.html
Right there, hobbypartz and nitrorcx are one in the same ship from the same warehouse, and I lied its only $77.99
do you know anything about the Silver Arrow V2.0 1/8 Brushless ESC. i have this in my 8th scale and i was told it is the same as the hobbywing. i even got the hobbywing Professional LCD Program Box(http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=215) and it works with my sp esc. my question is where do i go to update the esc? hobbywing or speed passion website? can you send me a link?

thanks Mark E.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mark Erce
do you know anything about the Silver Arrow V2.0 1/8 Brushless ESC. i have this in my 8th scale and i was told it is the same as the hobbywing. i even got the hobbywing Professional LCD Program Box(http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=215) and it works with my sp esc. my question is where do i go to update the esc? hobbywing or speed passion website? can you send me a link?

thanks Mark E.
I am assuming you have not updated anything so far. Plug the included usb cable in the computer. Plug the other end in the box. The box should have come with a small cd. Use it, and the hobbywing interface should show up. Select "2 in 1 Program box" from the devices list. This is to update the software of the box itself. Next, change that to esc. Remove your esc's receiver lead and put it in the slot on the box with a +, -, and another symbol. You must plug a battery into the esc and turn it on. Unplug the usb cable then plug it back in to reset it. Some adjustable settings should come up in a list of drop down menus.....I can't really remember much farther than that. If you can't figure it out (took me awhile), I can show you if you want this Saturday at Smac. Just bring a laptop.

I'm sure the silver arrow esc and the HW's are not the same. However, they do use the same software.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Mark Erce

thanks Mark E.
Just go to that same website and itll bring up the hw interface way quicker will work either way though.
You would want the Ezrun/Xerun software (.rar)
Old 02-27-2012, 08:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

does anyone have a Werks 2057 pipeset by chance? I have a Werks 2013 coming that is in great shape I will trade or I'll buy.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

cool, thx for the info Mr.Flotron and Iroc. I must say i'm pretty impressed by this $97 SP esc. I only ran it a handful of times but it seems to be pretty powerful and smooth. well see how it does outdoors. but since they are so cheap I think I'm gonna buy me another one just to have as a backup. and i'm loving this program card. sure beats counting flashing leds and pushing little buttons. ok enough of this electric crap, back to NITRO!!!!

so what nitro vehicle you gonna be running Carter?

too bad these are out of stock.....http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ine-Turbo-Plug not to bad for under $250 bux. I use to have the older version (about 3yrs ago). from what i remember it was very good! maybe these are even better than their older predecessor,(P5/Rex)? i'm sure colton, trevor or nate can answer that question. but you definitely can't go wrong with a nova or os engine...jmo

this doesn't look like a bad deal for someone just getting into nitro.engine and pipe combo for under $300 bux.....http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Set-Turbo-Plug

Last edited by Mark Erce; 02-27-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Default sum tire info for race world

Originally Posted by speedy G
For those of us not fortunate enough to make the PNB, their is an option.
Just an fyi those I hadnt mentioned this to. Their is a 1 day indoor nitro trophy race coming up March 10th @ race world outside Gary IN, (its by joliet) practice opens Fri 9th. Their are a few locals already plannin on goin to this one so check it out if you can.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/10391842-post7396.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.