R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Kansas/Missouri Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-missouri-racing-56/)
-   -   Lawrence Oval Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-missouri-racing/272285-lawrence-oval-racing.html)

Big Midget 02-02-2009 08:21 PM

Sorry guys I've only have 8000mah lipos. I dont plan on buying a new Lipo to race here in Lawrence so......

Do you guys think a checkpoint 13x2 is equal to a 10.5 brushless?

plipitkc 02-02-2009 08:24 PM

I'll clean up the grammer later.

A flopper is a side dam that falls over and stands up going in the corner. A wickerbill is the little bend in the side dam at the top.

I plan to have a legal body and attachments at Rogers next week. It will be on top of Slimer for the Nitro TC class.

Slimer is hungry after his long sleep...:sneaky:

The race directors are:

Roger Rabbit is the man
Dr Phil
Ricky Racer

I'm assuming the track we'll be running on is Entire.

Race Schedule is still being developed but I would like to see one night inJuly or so be set asside as a L8M under the Lights night and invite racers from several areas to run.

Other things Thought of include temporary lighting for the north end and back straight, etc.

Thanks Rick for checking on the Lap Counter system.

plipitkc 02-02-2009 08:29 PM

We can work with the Unlimited Monster Truck class. Big Midget, You are the Monster Truck Expert here.

Would you mind designing the rules for this class? i would think this class includes Muggys, Truggys, Big Revos, and things like that. Don't know but it sounds like we have a great start and I look forward to running some times this year while keeping my L8M schedule fairly in tact.

Its going to get busy

Dr Phil:cool:

plipitkc 02-02-2009 08:36 PM

8000 mah .... Can we make the limit a 2s or 7.4 vdc only on the Lipos?

Steph wants a pink car to drive when she can?....HA, HA , HA.. PMS Racing... Ouch stop hitting Steph.

Dr Phil

Big Midget 02-02-2009 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by plipitkc (Post 5379518)
We can work with the Unlimited Monster Truck class. Big Midget, You are the Monster Truck Expert here.

Would you mind designing the rules for this class? i would think this class includes Muggys, Truggys, Big Revos, and things like that. Don't know but it sounds like we have a great start and I look forward to running some times this year while keeping my L8M schedule fairly in tact.

Its going to get busy

Dr Phil:cool:

Thanks Dr. Phil, I'm not quite an expert but thanks :D
Stunning Steve Shades would be a good candidate for sure.

I'd like to see your oval body when it at Rogers, let us know.

Big Midget 02-02-2009 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by plipitkc (Post 5379558)
8000 mah .... Can we make the limit a 2s or 7.4 vdc only on the Lipos?

Steph wants a pink car to drive when she can?....HA, HA , HA.. PMS Racing... Ouch stop hitting Steph.

Dr Phil

2s for sure. :D

rockstar81 02-03-2009 04:10 PM

I should be in for 10.5 and maybe 13.5, gearbox(4wd), and Monster truck :D

Painterpower 02-04-2009 09:05 PM

Phil-

Had a quick ? for you. Last year didn't we try to employ a small amount of money as a race fee? As I recall there was quite a strong disagreement...so what's changed this year? Just trying to figure it all out....:weird::)

Georgeshobby 02-04-2009 11:27 PM

4wd Stock NASCAR

Motor: 13.5 BL or equivalent Brushed
Battery: Any battery up to 5000 mah and 7.4 vdc, Lipo will be 2s and up to 5000 mah
Body: any COT style molded NASCAR body. Must sport COT style rear spoiler.
Tires: Any rubber slick tire on either 26 mm or 30mm rims.

I think this should be 24 or 26mm rims. I couldn't find 30mm rims available.

Georgeshobby 02-04-2009 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Painterpower (Post 5389704)
Phil-

Had a quick ? for you. Last year didn't we try to employ a small amount of money as a race fee? As I recall there was quite a strong disagreement...so what's changed this year? Just trying to figure it all out....:weird::)

I think it was all the grousing about Gas, Soda..... and so on. but, if you notice, it does mention a use for all money not used. I think that's the reason nobody's complaining. Or, nobody noticed the mention of fees....

rockstar81 02-05-2009 04:31 AM

How about the lipos, several of mine are 6000 mah??? :(:D

Georgeshobby 02-05-2009 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by rockstar81 (Post 5390488)
How about the lipos, several of mine are 6000 mah??? :(:D

I think we should specify the rule as 2S Li-Po in a hard case.(for safety)

Big Midget 02-05-2009 09:03 AM

There's to many rules for Lawrence racing. Its needs to be way simplified. Lets decided on a class that we all are interested in running and do it.
I say keep the box stock class for begginers. Monster trucks?? or Gear box?? run what you brought depending on the turn out on race day. 3 makes a class.
entry fee is fine at $5 as long as racing organized and the track is (soda sprayed) prepared. :D

rockstar81 02-05-2009 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Georgeshobby (Post 5390746)
I think we should specify the rule as 2S Li-Po in a hard case.(for safety)

Your killing me Roger about half of my lipos aren't hard cased... :( :D

plipitkc 02-05-2009 12:51 PM

On the NASCAR 4wd class, last years configuration with the HPI spoiler will be legal.

Lipos: All lipos will be 2s and hard cased for safety.

The fees are what they are, $5 to race is cheap, and will be used to pay for the blower gas and oil, soda, track lighting, and if needed a sprayer for the soda. plus any fee for the lap counter system or lot rental, if applicable.

Any and all excess moneys will be returned as either door prizes or in the form of RC bucks from George's Hobbies.

10.5 and Nitro 1/10: Bodies can be either Touring car or Latemodel origin and must be molded and commerically available.

There is a Latemodel body in full trim on display at George's Hobby. It doesn't even have any scratches on it yet.

Later

Phil