Old 02-28-2003, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Mingfinity
SSG version of TB Evo3
Old 02-28-2003, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Manticore
of coz i know it's a YOK!
look at the 'gear' part.. the 2nd deck looks like TB EVO3.. and closed bulkhead design..

where is the PRO4 now? er...
Old 02-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by dtm
Its easier to give you a list based on what budget you have in mind! The CE pitbull would be a good start at a little over $1000, but you also need a power supply.
What makes these chargers so expensive. It is just a voltage controlled current source.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Raymond
What makes these chargers so expensive. It is just a voltage controlled current source.
no, actually amp regulated charger
Old 03-01-2003, 07:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Track

I heard that there is a RC track in Shun Tak Center. Is it true?
Old 03-01-2003, 07:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Xray T1R

How much is the Xray T1R??
Old 03-01-2003, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

Yes, charger is simply a adjustable constant current source (to some degree), but they required at least a microcontroller (mcu) and an accurate a/d converter to find out the almost zero delta peak voltage. These type of charger come out in the old days while microcontroller are expensive, so the initial price is high and the price fixed at that range, like audio CD, they are extremely cheap to produce.

If you have the knowhow, you can built your own simple charger with a simple timer and it will work fine.

Another factor is simply supply and demand.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Wolf
Yes, charger is simply a adjustable constant current source (to some degree), but they required at least a microcontroller (mcu) and an accurate a/d converter to find out the almost zero delta peak voltage. These type of charger come out in the old days while microcontroller are expensive, so the initial price is high and the price fixed at that range, like audio CD, they are extremely cheap to produce.

If you have the knowhow, you can built your own simple charger with a simple timer and it will work fine.

I think the charger is cheaper and cheaper.. and less 'demanding' now.
In old days, when we are using NiCd, there are many tricks like neg-pulse [Tekin PowerFlex], and cycling. However, the NiMH now doesn't like all those trick, they just like simple linear charging. Most important is to have a correct cut-off point.

Seems the charger doesn't need to have all those trick and even an APEX charger can have a good result!
Old 03-01-2003, 07:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Wolf

I got a TLP 3000D (.8 to 4 Amp), one GP3000, and GP3300 pack. Do I need to change the charger??
Old 03-01-2003, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

I got a TLP 3000D (.8 to 4 Amp), one GP3000, and GP3300 pack. Do I need to change the charger??
4AMP is a little bit WEAK to charge the GP3000 and 3300. The result is you will feel the batt is not very 'punchy'

For long term investment, you can try the PitBull [around 11xx]
or you can find some old 2nd hand Tekin BC112A with firmware later than H26 for 4xx [a classic good charger, but Tekin is closed now so can not offer after sales service anymore]
Old 03-01-2003, 07:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

In old days, when we are using NiCd, there are many tricks like neg-pulse [Tekin PowerFlex], and cycling. However, the NiMH now doesn't like all those trick, they just like simple linear charging. Most important is to have a correct cut-off point.

Seems the charger doesn't need to have all those trick and even an APEX charger can have a good result!
Most people use Nimh battery these days. Do I need to change my TLP 3000D (0.8 to 4 Amp) charger then?
Old 03-01-2003, 07:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

4AMP is a little bit WEAK to charge the GP3000 and 3300. The result is you will feel the batt is not very 'punchy'

For long term investment, you can try the PitBull [around 11xx]
or you can find some old 2nd hand Tekin BC112A with firmware later than H26 for 4xx [a classic good charger, but Tekin is closed now so can not offer after sales service anymore]
Thanks a lot, I look into that.

So for pitbull, I need to buy power supply too.

Where to buy 2nd hand stuff??
Old 03-01-2003, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

i think you may stay with the TLP charger for a while and get a better one when you skill has improved.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Manticore
i think you may stay with the TLP charger for a while and get a better one when you skill has improved.
Yea, I need to improve my skill. I have already destroyed 2 shells, replaced 1 rear suspension arm, 1 back pin, and 1 shock absorber.

I also dropped the car on the floor one day, damaged the rear shock tower, fixed it with CA glue. The car is still in excellent condition.

Getting better now, still need to get used to the setup of the car.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

Yes. Current NiMH battery only need a simple constant current charging and a accurate cut-off point -- this is what we paid our money for. Otherwise, we can connect a resistor and rc battery in series with a Lead-Acid battery for charging, and disconnect manually when done (much cheaper way, if you don't mind the work & risk involved)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.