Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All F1 drivers read this NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How about this for a class.....F1 looks like an F1 car, any era. Whatever is in it, doesn't matter. Suppose you have an F1 car with top of line esc and BL motor. The person driving that car either has been in RC for a long time and can drive it to the limits of its power, or the person just spend a wad and will soon be buying new parts. Either way is good because they are both racing and the parts buyer is supporting the LHS. OK, you have the brushed cheap set up.....you are like me, still can't drive it for shit and having fun nonetheless. I can't drive VTA for nothing but still have a blast meetying with the folks that can and one day, god willing (It will indeed take divine intervention for me to drive well), I might win a race. Suppose you show up box stock, learn to drive, and want to upgrade to be fast and run with the big boys, great. The more cars on the track the better, its the other cars that make it fun. My 2 cents is the rule is this...if it looks like a an F1, it is an F1, end of story.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Aardvark
How about this for a class.....F1 looks like an F1 car, any era. Whatever is in it, doesn't matter. Suppose you have an F1 car with top of line esc and BL motor. The person driving that car either has been in RC for a long time and can drive it to the limits of its power, or the person just spend a wad and will soon be buying new parts. Either way is good because they are both racing and the parts buyer is supporting the LHS. OK, you have the brushed cheap set up.....you are like me, still can't drive it for shit and having fun nonetheless. I can't drive VTA for nothing but still have a blast meetying with the folks that can and one day, god willing (It will indeed take divine intervention for me to drive well), I might win a race. Suppose you show up box stock, learn to drive, and want to upgrade to be fast and run with the big boys, great. The more cars on the track the better, its the other cars that make it fun. My 2 cents is the rule is this...if it looks like a an F1, it is an F1, end of story.
Ill second this.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Initiate

I agree 100%
Old 07-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

No controversy here. F1 silvercan stays as is. All other motors race together in the other F1 class which has more speed and it can include the Tamiya F201.

This will be much better and easier.

Some Mini's want to make a comeback and they know the rules for them.

VTA, Also set rules for them as well, no problem.

TC? I would like to hear from them how they will race. Just agree on how you want to run just be the same for all.

Mod TC? We will see.

It will really help in the new blood department now that the paper sent a color copy of the race to every home in the county today.

I think this simple format will work well for us.

Last edited by mxrich; 07-13-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Suspended

VTA obviously has a well established and respected rule set. The rules are there, they are good rules (I still don't get the point of the driver figure, but hey, it cost $14 bucks and I giggled when i looked at it after I put it in). When starting out, how about, the class is based on the body shape, not whats in it. F1 looks like F1 is F1. Those bad ass USGT bodies are touring cars right? Beats me, but they look bad ass. Hotshot is struggling to put together a TC class. The rules need to be simplified. If it looks like a duck, then its a duck. Who cares what's in it? I know personally, I don't expect to have a chance to win, but I have fun..thats all I care about, rules be damned...just let people race.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Why not actually get people to come out before hammering in the rules.....
Old 07-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Suspended

Thats what I said, it just took me a paragraph to get there
Old 07-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Supposed to pick up another f201 this weeked aswell. I really like these cars. Just need to track down some bodies.
Better keep plenty of front ends too, lol. Only thing I didn't like about that car, even touch another car and the front will break. Other than that I loved it.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

heck with it lets throw all the F1's in a pile and burn them like the good ol book burning days......no more need for discussion then.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Nukem
Better keep plenty of front ends too, lol. Only thing I didn't like about that car, even touch another car and the front will break. Other than that I loved it.
All you need are the stiff a-arms for the front. I think I have a set. Snoop may also have an extra but without a warrent I am not going to dig in other peoples stuff.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Suspended

Well, I'm looking forward to getting an F109 from Tamiya. Those things look cool. Whatever the rules are, I want one, I shall have one.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

George, or anyone else. Does anyone know if the Tamiya or any other diff works on the duratrax. The duratrax is just a gear diff and rather have the ball diff like a 103.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

The Tamiya 103 diff will fit and you don't need the spacers for the rear wheels. I think I have everything for it and you are welcome to try it to make sure. The gear diff would still work with the traction the asphalt has. Just loosen or tighten the diff nut to get the turn feel you like until I get the parts together.By raceday I hope.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, I'm looking forward to getting an F109 from Tamiya. Those things look cool. Whatever the rules are, I want one, I shall have one.
the F109 is from 3Racing not Tamiya. Tamiya makes the F103 and F104
Old 07-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
the F109 is from 3Racing not Tamiya. Tamiya makes the F103 and F104
Thanks for stepping in to clear that up. We were all on the edge of our seats waiting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.