Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All F1 drivers read this NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks like everyone is good and pissed now. Does that mean we are on the map as a real track yet???? I sure hope so.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:50 PM
bmr
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

We all like to get on here and put in our two cents. It looks like a big argument but it really isn't, it's just an information quest. "Need more input" -- Johnny 5

This area has the best group of people I have every raced with, and that has been 20+ years, all across the country.

Once we all do what George likes to call the three up's, it turns into fun and good times!

July 16th... Letttt's get reaaaady to rummmble!
Old 07-12-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FordGT40
I know I really don't have a right to say anything since I haven't shown up for a race yet, but this is exactly what has been driving me away from RC for the last couple of years. I was really excited about this track because I always enjoyed racing with MxRich and Snoopy. I figured once they got it going I could just bring my old stuff up there and have fun. Then I found out my old VTA car is no longer "legal" and now there is a controversy in F1 as well? There are just so many combinations of ESC's, batteries, brushed and brushless motors, tires, bodies, wings, driver dolls, numbers, decals, colors, etc. etc.. I don't think I've ever actually won a race in my life but I've had a ton of fun just making laps and finding someone of a similar speed to race with. (I'm talking to you Randy Price! LoL.) I just don't understand all of the strict rules people want to enforce. When the races start paying enough money that I can pay my mortgage if I win I will start paying attention. Until then, can't we all just get along?
You didn't just say that did you? ooohhh man you did!!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hairy
You didn't just say that did you? ooohhh man you did!!!!
I know Hairy, I just cannot seem to keep my mouth shut! I promise this will be my last post until I actually show up to race! I can't make it this week either, going to Road Atl for the SCCA regionals.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FordGT40
I know Hairy, I just cannot seem to keep my mouth shut! I promise this will be my last post until I actually show up to race! I can't make it this week either, going to Road Atl for the SCCA regionals.
I know what you mean, me too. Not sure when I will be able to make it up there to race either.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am torn here. Since we have not tried to run these together (21.5 and can) we have no real frame of reference as to how they run against each other.

Georges point is valid in the number of people that we have that have already put silver can cars together and that it is a good deal cheaper than the 21.5 rig. For some of us its free since we never sell our old outdated crap. We just pull that off of the shelf and use it.

But none of that makes Shaun Mac wrong. The technology is going brushless and it does not appear to be turning around. We have to deal with the 21.5 F1 car because it is not going to go away. The silver can however might have its days numbered. If we had enough people I would say split the classes, but thats just not the case. I can say that the top three only will be teched, so if you suck, run what ever you want.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Snoop, I left you out of this for a reason. And now you come in here making sense of everything. I can't take you anywhere. If people want to run Mini's with 11 volt batterys and pulling a trailer I'm all for it, just be on the same page. If they want faster F1's have at it with the same reason. Get the idea? The best part is that F1 is what it is. As far as silvercans, they will be around for a while. It is part of the maketing plan of the car companies to add a low cost motor to kits and RTR's so the new peeps do not have to hunt for what they need and get discouraged because there is not a hobby shop in bumble Iowa to help them. It will be some time before they are gone.

Last edited by mxrich; 07-12-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

What about just putting a gearing restriction on the 21.5 cars?
Or in my case with my F201, Im already at a gearing restriction.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
What about just putting a gearing restriction on the 21.5 cars?
Or in my case with my F201, Im already at a gearing restriction.
You know what? That sounds like an idea we could work with, not bad. I still have an MLP 201 and would love to make some laps with it. Want to be the test pilot for this? It might take some doing to get the right...I'm going to say it, FDR Yay! It's worth a look.

Since we have two F1 classes maybe those with 21.5 and pancar F1 along with the old school 201's could duke it out together. Just a thought. Might be a hit!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by mxrich
You know what? That sounds like an idea we could work with, not bad. I still have an MLP 201 and would love to make some laps with it. Want to be the test pilot for this? It might take some doing to get the right...I'm going to say it, FDR Yay! It's worth a look.

Since we have two F1 classes maybe those with 21.5 and pancar F1 along with the old school 201's could duke it out together. Just a thought. Might be a hit!
Supposed to pick up another f201 this weeked aswell. I really like these cars. Just need to track down some bodies.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Wow! I was just geting back into the rc world to have some fun. But it looks like there is no fun to be had. Since this track is not a paying track for winning and is a track for fun and bragging rights. I say get out there and run and have fun! I also think you should have a class that is "Run what you brung" I just bought an F1 car and im gonna run it. And it does not matter to me what class im in as long as i get to make laps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Then run a spec class and an open class. Im about fed up with the shit. I have NEVER seen the amount of controversy in our local off road racing when it comes to cars and classes as every on road race platform/class ive seen. and ya'll wonder why on road dies so fast
Old 07-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Initiate

What Flying Monkey said "Then run a spec class and an open class. Im about fed up with the shit."

+1
Old 07-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Suspended

looks like there is too much typing and not enough racing. its all about the fun, just race what you have, and as more and more people show up, then let the rules sort themselves out
Old 07-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

You can thank the on-road "pro" guys that always push the rules, like a ROAR racing is coming that weekend.

That is the main reason I stopped my on-road adventure before it started.

What these guys are trying to do with the tracks are amazing. Putting up time and money for people to have somewhere to race, and then it all ends up being like this time and time again.

Here in Tn. I have been working with the local Hobbytown on re-opening there track, and we have alot of people signed up and ready to have fun. You know why? Bracket racing! 7 laps of put up or shut up, and the people love it!

No rules - Run what you brung. Our main rule is have fun. ( it is for 1/10th scale only )

One day people around there will come to grips with this, and everyone can get back to enjoying the hobby of RC cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.