Wiki Posts
Search

Loganville RC Race Schedule!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by offr0aden
The only thing I can say about HTU is for a 15 dollar turbo glow plug - I'll support my local tracks and online stores. And the day HTU has parts in stock rather then try and sell a kit and or have some valid advice, will be the day. The few times I've (And I mean few) been in HTU I was blown away by the advice they were giving a backyard racer. Sure you can leave you car with us and we'll fix for a crazy fee, rather then give some advice on how to maintain their car and keep enjoying it. (That's half the fun) I guess some have the money to blow like that but lets be real rape is rape!

I crack up hearing people pride about "I work at HTU" big deal, I rank that up with watching paint dry, just a waste of time.

Please don't ask me how I really feel about HTU

It happens. The OS A5 plug is 17.99. That is absolutely absurd. It really depends who you talk to as far as repairs go. I have seen some repairs there that just piss me off as to why they get taken in. We as techs though get $10 an hour additional to repair the customer cars, so why not do it? If its something easy usually we take care of it, ie my car wont start. But usually when someone brings a dirty truck in and drops it down and says fix it, we will charge them out the ass to do so. Alot of it depends on the customers attitude though as well. Come in with a shitty attitude, get shitty service.

How do you really feel about Hobbytown?

you right about HTU, they charge people a "sitting behind the counter fee",HTU prices are outrageous, what flip me out i went there to get a body crowd pleaser body for my revo the price was $39.99.....took to the counter ask them are they serious because online it $22 plus shipping 3.25....they look at me said we don't compete with online store and i prices are fair to the customer... so you can imagine the look on my face.....so i try to stay away from that place unless the bookstore sold out of rc caraction
Im not sure what you mean by a sitting fee. Please enlighten me. It maybe something one of the other hobbytowns does.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
But usually when someone brings a dirty truck in and drops it down and says fix it, we will charge them out the ass to do so. Alot of it depends on the customers attitude though as well. Come in with a shitty attitude, get shitty service.

Im not sure what you mean by a sitting fee. Please enlighten me. It maybe something one of the other hobbytowns does.

ok we se you have the HTU mentality ... HTU must have a training class on ripping folks off......"we will charge them out the ass to do so" you said it' and im glad you're honest and its true..... my friend bought a revo first time in the hobby ..he told me HTU had his truck for 3 days because it wont start ...so i said let go see what they done "nothing" we get the truck from behind the counter and some guy say we work on that thing forever that he need a new engine ...... i was like BS ...i set the needles,grab the ez start and it start right up....on top of that they wanted to charge him for something they didnt fix and this is the HTU in kennesaw...... lets start a new thread on RIP OFF TOWN USA ....i'm alot of people have opinions
Old 09-09-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by seth8m
much rather just go to dalton or battlefeild for 12 bucks gas is bad enough give us a break
Loganville is a good track that is well maintained, has power, water, and is not a 2-3 hr drive for those who live in the Atlanta area. The guys who run it are racers and listen to other racers to make the track better. Add the land being leased, none of that stuff is free. If it takes $20 to keep it open then it's a good investment. I spend twice that in gas drving to Dalton or Savannah.

The great thing about living in a democracy is if you don't like someting then you can always find something else. Enjoy the $30 in gas driving a couple of hours to another track.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Initiate

It happens. The OS A5 plug is 17.99. That is absolutely absurd. It really depends who you talk to as far as repairs go. I have seen some repairs there that just piss me off as to why they get taken in. We as techs though get $10 an hour additional to repair the customer cars, so why not do it? If its something easy usually we take care of it, ie my car wont start. But usually when someone brings a dirty truck in and drops it down and says fix it, we will charge them out the ass to do so. Alot of it depends on the customers attitude though as well. Come in with a shitty attitude, get shitty service.

Wow, Some people never learn. The "sitting fee" that was refered to
is directly reflected in the exhaustively over priced products sold by HT, ie they have to mark these items up in order to pay you to sit behind the counter and act like you know something about the hobby. Let me say however, I do appreciate your candor, in admitting that HT overcharges and in return offers shitty service, that took balls! What I dont understand is why you are still here, stiring the pot, after you have stated earlier that you were done with this thread. Maybe you are a glutton for punishment, or maybe you just like the taste of your own foot, either way you are not helping HobbyTown or the hobby in general for that matter, at the end of the day thats what its all about, right? THE HOBBY!
Old 09-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PatMan689
Wow, Some people never learn. The "sitting fee" that was refered to
is directly reflected in the exhaustively over priced products sold by HT, ie they have to mark these items up in order to pay you to sit behind the counter and act like you know something about the hobby. Let me say however, I do appreciate your candor, in admitting that HT overcharges and in return offers shitty service, that took balls! What I dont understand is why you are still here, stiring the pot, after you have stated earlier that you were done with this thread. Maybe you are a glutton for punishment, or maybe you just like the taste of your own foot, either way you are not helping HobbyTown or the hobby in general for that matter, at the end of the day thats what its all about, right? THE HOBBY!
Seriously do you think I care about your opinion of myself? No. I could careless what YOUR opinion is of ME. Maybe if you weren't behind your keyboard YOU wouldn't be trying to act like such a hard-ass. I invite you to come up to hobby town Kennesaw and look for me on a weekend, and we can sit down and talk like grown ups about your problems you have with myself. Ill extend that invitation out to who ever feels they have been wronged.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
ok we se you have the HTU mentality ... HTU must have a training class on ripping folks off......"we will charge them out the ass to do so" you said it' and im glad you're honest and its true..... my friend bought a revo first time in the hobby ..he told me HTU had his truck for 3 days because it wont start ...so i said let go see what they done "nothing" we get the truck from behind the counter and some guy say we work on that thing forever that he need a new engine ...... i was like BS ...i set the needles,grab the ez start and it start right up....on top of that they wanted to charge him for something they didnt fix and this is the HTU in kennesaw...... lets start a new thread on RIP OFF TOWN USA ....i'm alot of people have opinions
Here is what you probably don't understand, we are not obligated in any way,shape, or form to work on someone's car for free. Nor are even technically supposed to touch customer cars on weekends for the same reason. So before you go running your mouth about how hobbytown employees just sit on ass all day and dont want to fix peoples cars for free, I feel its important for you to know the facts.

Which truck was your friends? Was it the Revo with the picco engine on it?
Old 09-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Seriously do you think I care about your opinion of myself? No. I could careless what YOUR opinion is of ME. Maybe if you weren't behind your keyboard YOU wouldn't be trying to act like such a hard-ass. I invite you to come up to hobby town Kennesaw and look for me on a weekend, and we can sit down and talk like grown ups about your problems you have with myself. Ill extend that invitation out to who ever feels they have been wronged.
Never at any point in my previous post did I express anything even resembling an opinion about you, LMFAO! How presumptuous! I dont know you and I dont care to! Again with the "RC Nazi" threats, be careful with those checks guy.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PatMan689
Never at any point in my previous post did I express anything even resembling an opinion about you, LMFAO! How presumptuous! I dont know you and I dont care to! Again with the "RC Nazi" threats, be careful with those checks guy.
Those threats? what threats?
Old 09-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quick someone get the beer and peanuts! it's about to start
Old 09-10-2008, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hairy
Quick someone get the beer and peanuts! it's about to start
lol
Old 09-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Those threats? what threats?
Dude, your mind is obviously too little to be left out alone....
Old 09-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MadRussian
Dude, your mind is obviously too little to be left out alone....

So when are you planning on coming and seeing me at work? I will only be there this friday night unfortunately.

This is a fun thread. I hope you dont get too upset though at me.

On a side note this thread has had over 1000 views!

Last edited by kikcaffine; 09-10-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Here you go guys you seem to be needing these

Old 09-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Monkey, you were really quick to pull out the Feminine Hygiene Products, is there anything about you that we need to know?
Old 09-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Initiate

So when are you planning on coming and seeing me at work? I will only be there this friday night unfortunately.

This is a fun thread. I hope you dont get too upset though at me.

On a side note this thread has had over 1000 views!

kik, you really may want to be careful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.