Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Thanks to all involved for the2008/2009 Forgass series
Had a ball @ the Banquet GREG GREG
Congrats to all the Winners
Way to go Bobby
Thanks for the Help DJ,Paolo just not my weekend & Thanks Chris & Mark for the pitting
Old 05-04-2009, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

The 08-09 FORGASS Series has been a great success. We had great races all season long.

1-The Live RC with real time scoring and video was a great addition for our friends from all over the world to be able to tune in and follow the action as it was happening.
2-Thanks to all the track owners for giving the racers some of the best facilities, fair racing, and great traction that makes the FORGASS Series so special.
3-Thanks to all the racers from near and far who participated to make this Forgass Series something special. All of you are winners.
4-A special thanks to all the FORGASS Officers and their aids that coordinate and make all of this happen, beginning with scheduling, calculating points, technical inspection, fair enforcement of the rules and and any other things that may arise under their watch.
5-This year we had a banquet dinner with great food, fantastic trophies, and great special awards that were over the top!

Wow! what a great 08-09 Season! I can hardly wait for the 09-10 FORGASS Season to begin!
Old 05-04-2009, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Default FORGASS Sour Grapes Banquet Photos

Last edited by Doug M; 05-04-2009 at 04:57 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Old 05-04-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

Old 05-04-2009, 04:53 AM
Tech Master

Old 05-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

I will like to thank Forgass for the awesome season. All the people involved did a great job. Congrats to the track owners. Every race we had excellent conditions to race, very consistent and a lot of traction in every facility. Thanks for your effort, it's really appreciated.

I think we have by far the best series in the Nation. The level of competition, the facilities, the people…. and it’s getting even better

Congrats to Pete Pepe for the award. You definitely improved a lot this year. I was really impressed with your skills this weekend. First time out with the 1/8 scale at the Fort and already hitting 12 second laps... speech less...
Congrats to DJ, you have come a long way and getting ready to be one of the best in the World.
Last but not least, all the people that help me during this season, too long to name but here we have a few…. Doug, DJ, Rick, Maxy, Pete, Eduardo, Felipe, George, Jerry, etc. etc…….list is way too long..You know who you are, thank you all
Looking forward for the next season, with new challenges, but even more important, with more will to have fun and share with my friends.

PD: Thanks Rick and Howard for the pits yesterday. Between the bugs in my eyes, the hot weather and the heat of the race I lost a little bit my cool….. Sorry if I make people felt uncomfortable in the driver stand. It won’t happen again…
Old 05-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Guys
Ronnie and I would have loved to have been there, but our son got married this weekend. Our two younger boys were in the wedding. It was awesome. Im sure you know that we could not have missed it however Ronnie was sure missing you guys and the racing. He wouldnt say it but he kept dropping hints!!! I was afraid he was going to try to sneak away!! Anyway, We would have love to have been there, it looks like you guys had a great time.
I know Ronnie had a great time all year long and looks forward to future races. Not to mention being the winner in the GT class, that certainly boosted his ego!!
Thank you again to everyone in Forgass, it was a great year

Thanks,
Ronnie and Kim
Old 05-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that makes the series possible. I know most of us do not say it but we appriciate it, at least I do. I know I really don't say it much, but a big thanks to all of you. The Forgass Officers, track owners (and their crew) and the racers.

I had a good time this weekend just hanging out. It was cool to see the racers outside of the track and I had some good laughs. I must give a special thanks to the hardest working man in the series, David Larry. You go above and beyond the call of duty. Thanks again!!!!!!

Hope everyone is able to come back next year. I know the economy is hitting all of us pretty hard, but this is our escape. See everyone after the summer and have FUN racing.

DJ Apolaro
Old 05-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Ga BOY !

I could'nt make it this past weekend.
But i wanted to say THANK YOU to all the people who put on Forgass.
I must say i enjoy racing with you guys its always lots of fun thats why
i travel to FLA so much,its not for the heat i can tell you that.

So from me to all the Forgass people and you know who you are.

THANK YOU !
Jeff Epperson
Blowin Smoke BBQ
Old 05-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well everyone,

Another season is in the books. I also have many people to thank and like Paolo I am sure I will forget a name or 2 so I will just say thanks to everyone.

I also must say sorry to you guys. I forgot to change the settings on the camera so the pics from the awards are fuzzy. You can fire me now.....:-(

Here is a link to pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dlarry62

I will get the scheduled for next year posted within a couple of weeks. I am going to take a couple of weeks off and catch up on the Honey Do list.

Don't forget the ROAR nats in Sept. We have some of the best racers in the United States in this series. Hope to see a bunch of us make the trip. We need to make sure we bring home some hardware.

The first race of the 2009/10 season will be in Homestead. The dates are September 19th and 20th. Doug you can start the count down!

Thank you all for your kind words and support.

Hope to see you all this summer at various tracks.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Had a blast!

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend of racing. It had been 3 years since I had been to the Fort and enjoyed it!

It was great seeing old friends, Eduardo, glad to see you again!

And making many new ones...many thanks to those that helped me prep my car for the B and my bump up. Thanks to James Burrows, Bobby Watson, Wayne H, and all the GA boyz!

I hope to run the entire state series next year.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dlarry
The first race of the 2009/10 season will be in Homestead. The dates are September 19th and 20th. Doug you can start the count down!
OK the countdown has started! FORGASS Race #1 at Homestead RC Raceway, September 19, 20, 2009 will begin in:

123 days, 1 hour, 17 minutes and 51 seconds

* 10,631,871 seconds
* 177,197 minutes
* 2953 hours
* 17 weeks
Old 05-05-2009, 04:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Great weekend

I want thank the Fort crew for the dinner,the great traction it felt good to run with the fast guys.Wow driving for 25mins than 30mins man that was intense. I want thank KyoshoAmerica,Twistertires,Mark,George,Poalo,Dj,Ch risL,JamesB,all my friends that i didnt mention also all my Georgia buddys.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Cool What a weekend

Forgass Sour Grape Race

I got to say what a weekend but first thanks to everyone involved in the success of this fun racing event with a small amount of stress also participation of a bunch of great driver. Dinner was really good with a fare price for my family and love my new BIG trophy Thanks Forgass.

Ha yeah what a weekend starting with my dog Willy having a stroke Friday, he is ok and back home and he will get better. I think he got mad because I was not taking him to the race, and then we got a late start Saturday morning which turned out to be lucky with a phone call from DJ telling us the I-75 Alligator Alley was close and he had to turn around and use a different route and double the driving time. It was not a bad route at all but we were late and on a tight schedule and still those guys made the adjustment for everyone to have fun with no pressure thanks guys. But that is not it apparently someone was looking for some sedan tires and found my box of tires, looks like that person chose to keep them. 10 pair of tire, so no tires for the day oh yeah most of my friend were driving 1/8 scale so no tire for me. I got to say thanks to my wife and love you honey she when out of the way to bring me tires. But the day got better because my family arrive and the dinner was fantastic the trophy award was perfect.

Race day, well I made a few mistakes during the coarse of the day there is a saying you learn from your mistake. And I think I did!!! I will never put my feet in the pit lane ever this was strike 2 and I should of tell the Paolo that I didn’t put enough fuel in is car I was just going to bring him in and tell him later that didn’t work. It looks like I would of finish last if we had that pit crew race. I still manage to have fun and try different things with my car and abuse of DJ's knowledge with car setup. I feel very lucky to part of your group. The race organization is flaw less, we have the best driver in world driving in this event, there is not a single events that I didn’t learn something thanks everyone.

I wish everybody a good and safe summer and I will miss you, and can't wait for the next season.

Last edited by R*R*R*Pinard; 05-05-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: wife spell check

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.