Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tc4, Tc7 or X-ray t4

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitromad1020
Would the Tc4 be ok with lipo?? And what are your thoughts on the kit??
Cheers
I've been running lipos in my tc4 since 2010 or so, and they make the tc4 competitive by dropping the weight down enough to make minimum weight. You will need to select your packs carefully though(usually under 240grams) to make weight... The kit also runs best with the sweep stc6 ultra lightweight body, and gold swaybars f&r, on crc black carpet, but the best investment is in a wider foam bumper....
Old 09-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Xray T4 is a good car but don't bother waiting for the new one unless you plan to be super competitive. The company releases new car with only minor upgrades every single year.
You can find many good deals here in RCTech. Go to Advanced Search option and type whatever you want to buy.
Nitromad1020 likes this.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I used to wonder the same thing, ...what's the best touring car available. I've come to realize after several years of racing that there really isn't a best car. There is a best driver and best car combo though. ...I've seen GREAT drivers, I mean really good drivers who've raced against the guys you read about in magazines get top spot with Team Xrays, TC7.1's, Yokomo's, Tamiya's and a shumacher. ...I've come to realize that you can get top spot with many cars. I too am looking to purchase a new TC car, ...for me i'll probably go w/ a TC7.1 because of price and availability of parts, oh and I've seen drivers win with that car (as I have w/ the others as well).
Old 09-08-2017, 01:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by eR1c
I used to wonder the same thing, ...what's the best touring car available. I've come to realize after several years of racing that there really isn't a best car. There is a best driver and best car combo though. ...I've seen GREAT drivers, I mean really good drivers who've raced against the guys you read about in magazines get top spot with Team Xrays, TC7.1's, Yokomo's, Tamiya's and a shumacher. ...I've come to realize that you can get top spot with many cars. I too am looking to purchase a new TC car, ...for me i'll probably go w/ a TC7.1 because of price and availability of parts, oh and I've seen drivers win with that car (as I have w/ the others as well).
Yeah exactly right mate. Yeah Team Associated are great! Must say i have the NTC3 and love it! I even bought another one.