Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tc4, Tc7 or X-ray t4 >

Tc4, Tc7 or X-ray t4

Like Tree3Likes

Tc4, Tc7 or X-ray t4

Old 09-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I would buy the TC7.1. Great car, comes with the DCJ front axles and steel outdrives. Handles great and parts are less money than the Xray. The Xray is a great car, but at our asphalt track the fastest guy runs a TC7.1. But make sure you get the clockwise kit for the southern hemisphere!
Old 09-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitromad1020 View Post
Where would be the best place to find a used one.. Like eBay or? I will admit used would be better and i agree you can get some good bargains, the only thing is I hardly find them on eBay. I will be mostly running on unprepared surfaces though, the pavement will always be to a standard as i take alot of notice where i run my models before using them but one the less will be unprepared mate
eBay has been good for me. Probably bought around a dozen used over past 3-4 years. I usually check for used touring cars once a day. Never know what might pop up. There were 3 TC4 in past week. Looked like all from same owner.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
I would buy the TC7.1. Great car, comes with the DCJ front axles and steel outdrives. Handles great and parts are less money than the Xray. The Xray is a great car, but at our asphalt track the fastest guy runs a TC7.1. But make sure you get the clockwise kit for the southern hemisphere!
Not any more he runs a Mugen. Ha Ha
Old 09-02-2017, 10:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

True true, I may wait a bit and see what it looks like. What are your thoughts on the X-ray Nt1 compared to the Serpent Natrix 748? Thought I would ask I need a new one for my nitro car as well
Old 09-03-2017, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbrymer View Post
Not any more he runs a Mugen. Ha Ha
Not yet he doesn't.

PS Good running tonight.
tbrymer likes this.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah nice.. What do you mean by the clockwise Southern Hemisphere mate? :-/
Old 09-03-2017, 05:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
eBay has been good for me. Probably bought around a dozen used over past 3-4 years. I usually check for used touring cars once a day. Never know what might pop up. There were 3 TC4 in past week. Looked like all from same owner.
Ok cool cool, I can get a tc4 kit brand new for round $230 online but would like something more. I like the shaft driven though
Old 09-03-2017, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

If you get the Tc7.1 do yourself a favor , get the the Graphite upper bumper brace . The bottom bumper plate will snap off like a Dry Twig with the slightest collision

Ive broken two lower bumper plates with the Tc 7 already ( ive Never broken one with any other car)
Old 09-03-2017, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Not yet he doesn't.

PS Good running tonight.
My driving has been getting better, and the cars are setup very well.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There has been a very big effort to bring back the true spec class for new racers, with tamperproof motors and fixed fdr, so the differences in chassis designs will be minimized, although setup knowledge will be even more important.... Any of these chassis can get you a podium finish as long as you can get to minimum weight with the correct setup in the new Spec Class orientated racing scene... I got my tc4 FT ready to race Spec carpet Class, so the expensive kits are not required.... Cheers....
Old 09-04-2017, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter View Post
If you get the Tc7.1 do yourself a favor , get the the Graphite upper bumper brace . The bottom bumper plate will snap off like a Dry Twig with the slightest collision

Ive broken two lower bumper plates with the Tc 7 already ( ive Never broken one with any other car)
Put a longer screw and a lock nut for the bottom brace too. Helps a lot
Old 09-05-2017, 05:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
There has been a very big effort to bring back the true spec class for new racers, with tamperproof motors and fixed fdr, so the differences in chassis designs will be minimized, although setup knowledge will be even more important.... Any of these chassis can get you a podium finish as long as you can get to minimum weight with the correct setup in the new Spec Class orientated racing scene... I got my tc4 FT ready to race Spec carpet Class, so the expensive kits are not required.... Cheers....
Would the Tc4 be ok with lipo?? And what are your thoughts on the kit??
Cheers
Old 09-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nitromad1020 View Post
Cheers
Lipo is fine in a TC4. However, tc7 and xray t4 or leaps and bounds a better car.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Cheers
Old 09-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tbrymer View Post
Lipo is fine in a TC4. However, tc7 and xray t4 or leaps and bounds a better car.
Awesome thank you for the feedback . I have a Tc3 and an Nt1r and don't like it as i should have got the Nt1 and i own a Tc3 nitro version and wondering if it would be better instead of buying an Nt1 i could put my O.S .12 in the tc3?? Would that work? Sorry i know this is the electric on road thread but thought i would ask mate

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.