Search
Like Tree867Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
I had trouble with Sheldon. Hobbies many years ago.
Sheldon's Hobbies was sold many years ago and has never been the same. I'm local and I don't buy from Sheldon's

Also - ActivRC.com is a good place to shop and they do a good job supporting the hobby - note different spelling than Active RC, which is not a good place to shop.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:19 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Ashford Hobby is a very good company and has them in stock,
Tamiya Team Reinert Racing MAN TGS 1/14 4WD Semi Truck Kit
Old 03-24-2018, 07:30 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

These sites may have them.

Tamiya Team Reinert Racing MAN TGS 4WD On Road TT01E Euro Semi Kit w/Motor & ESC - P1 Hobbies

https://www.shadowhobbies.com/tamiya...tt-01-typ.html
Old 03-26-2018, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Super fun but...

Tamiya should allow the use of ball links for steering, cos it binds the front suspension .
Old 03-26-2018, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foampervert
Tamiya should allow the use of ball links for steering, cos it binds the front suspension .
This is all part of the box stock allure. The trucks suspension doesn't really move enough to reach that point of binding.
hobbyten likes this.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

These things were absolutely hilarious at the Canadian Nationals!
Old 03-26-2018, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Back to screw out quarter to half a turn.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You can waller out the holes using a drill bit, and that does a lot of good.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Default Euro Truck Setup at Tamiya Raceway

Here are some details about the Euro Truck I used at the recently held TCS Regionals in Aliso Viejo.

Body: The body was mounted as low as possible. On the rear body posts, trim the small diagonal support plastic so that the lowest pin hole can be used before placing an o-ring on top. For the front, lower the body to the point where there is minimal front tire rub. It'll rub, who are we kidding Inside the front of the body, soft/absorbent sponge tape (Tamiya 6294011) was used to further reduce/hide body bounce. Cut into two rectangles and cut a hole in the center of each before applying over the body mounting holes. The multiple pieces of the front of the body were assembled as instructed along with the addition of a few small support screws. Where the rear of the cab meets the back half of the body, small strips of Team Associated chassis tape were applied to help eliminate further body bounce. Prior to running, make sure the body moves freely on the mounts and attach body clips a hole or two above the body.

Drive Train: Front gear diff was packed with Gravity RC 2.5 million diff fluid. The rear gear diff was packed with red Mobil1 grease. During assembly, all gears were sprayed with a liberal amount of McLube SailKote. Once, the SailKote dried, a final coat of White Lightning lube was applied to all of the gears and allowed to dry. Tamiya bearings were blown out with motor spray to eliminate grease. They were then lubricated with Acer synthetic oil. All dogbone and center shaft contact points were lubricated with Much More V-Made Joint Lube.

Shocks: Built as instructed with no grease, completely dry.

Tires: Tires were mounted on a tire sander and the edges/shoulders were sanded down for more of a rounded profile. Kit tires were run without traction compound and were not cleaned between runs. Another set of tires were prepared with glued front sidewalls and run with half sauce on the front and full sauce on the rear.

Weights: While goofing off, 30g of weight was stuck to the rear bumper and a 10g weight was stuck to the bottom of each front A-arm. Lap times improved so they stayed on for the duration of the event.

Motor: Take out of the box, lube bushings with oil. Slick 7 Voodoo Comm drops was used before each run. Other than that, the motor was absolutely unmolested.

The truck drove like a touring car...a really slow, ill handling, slightly wheel hoppy, top heavy, touring car I hope this helps.
hobbyten and eR1c like this.

Last edited by rtypec; 03-26-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
Here are some details about the Euro Truck I used at the recently held TCS Regionals in Aliso Viejo.

Weights: While goofing off, 30g of weight was stuck to the rear bumper and a 10g weight was stuck to the bottom of each front A-arm. Lap times improved so they stayed on for the duration of the event.
TCS didn't frown on this????????
Old 03-26-2018, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

I just read the rules. Oh crap, it is illegal. I didn’t intend to circumvent the rules since I entered the race for fun and wasn’t super serious or competitive.

The truck is good without weights. Was just bored in the pits and goofing around by tinkering with stupid ideas to see if they work.

I’m just trying to share some info to fellow racers. I guess next time I’ll keep my mouth shut. Actually, no next time. I quit.

Last edited by rtypec; 03-26-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
I just read the rules. Oh crap, it is illegal. I didn’t intend to circumvent the rules since I entered the race for fun and wasn’t super serious or competitive.

The truck is good without weights. Was just bored in the pits and goofing around by tinkering with stupid ideas to see if they work.

I’m just trying to share some info to fellow racers. I guess next time I’ll keep my mouth shut.
lol so you entered a race without looking up the rules?

I also like the " keep my mouth shut" part. So you keep trying new things that may or may not be illegal, but not tell anyone? thats pretty close to intentionaly cheating my friend, I think its called plausible deniability.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
lol so you entered a race without looking up the rules?

I also like the " keep my mouth shut" part. So you keep trying new things that may or may not be illegal, but not tell anyone? thats pretty close to intentionaly cheating my friend, I think its called plausible deniability.
No next time. I’m done racing this stuff. I’ll play with it in front of my house. By keeping mouth shut, I mean not trying to be helpful by voluntarily sharing info.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
So you keep trying new things that may or may not be illegal, but not tell anyone? thats pretty close to intentionaly cheating my friend, I think its called plausible deniability.
That's literally half of racing.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info, don't get bent dude lol.. Jamie asked because most who race the class know the rules.

Just back off a few of the mods and you are good to go

Hahn is fun.. to drive a piece of wood fast is exciting for some reason
rtypec likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.