Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree867Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I use team associated 1m in the front and it does not leak. I wouldn’t run anything lighter. I tried that before and it leaked out and made a complete mess. I run the rear open and handles well. The fastest guys at our track also run open rear. I tried diff putty before and it seems to dry out and sip out in powder so it won’t make a mess but I prefer the oil now because of less maintenance than having to refill putty.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sps3172
1) After mounting the tires to the wheels, add a coating of glue to the FRONT TIRES ONLY in the area mentioned in this article:
Spec Truck Tire Glue Rule Change | ETRL

2) FILL the FRONT DIFF with this white grease:
Bad Horsie Diff Locking Grease - For all RC open-differential designs

3) Use this grease (shoot for 1/2 to 3/4 full) in the REAR diff:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lucas-Oi...0005/202521504

We have several of these trucks running at Prolevel RC in St. Louis. These simple changes make the eurotrucks drive MUCH better on the black carpet.
I’ll have to try the red stuff. What sort of difference did you get from it? I don’t think the trucks diff out rear do they?
Old 08-17-2019, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ebohon
I don’t think the trucks diff out rear do they?
The rear is where they diff out. THey're quite front heavy.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Tire glueing

How much of the sidewall are you guys glueing on the front and rear wheels for running on crc black carpet? How much of the inside sidewall of the tires as well.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Start with the full outside sidewalls. They allow the outer tread on the tires now. If you glue the outer tread up front, you should be fine. I would err to getting as much traction as I could, so softer sidewalls is good.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tortes
How much of the sidewall are you guys glueing on the front and rear wheels for running on crc black carpet? How much of the inside sidewall of the tires as well.
We only glue the outside of the front tires.....nothing on the inside or on the rear tires at all. I always suggest that guys DO NOT glue below the top of the TAMIYA logo. The best working tires at our track typically have glue from the top of the Tamiya logo to the inside edge of the first tread block.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tortes
The norm that works well at our track at TQ seems gluing the outside fronts only with the first top thread. I’ve tried different amounts on the sides from an F1’ style in the edge and all the way to the rim... didn’t notice a difference. However prior to tamiya changing the rules on the top thread, the amount on the sides did make a small difference for me. I also then glued the inside fronts and it was way to much loss of traction and the truck understeered to the point of making it worthless. That made the wheels to stiff. I have a sander so it was easy to remove with exacto knife edge while the wheel turning. Stick with the outside front and nothing rear and that should work fine.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Hi,

I was just wondering if there are any difference between the three Tamiya racing trucks other than the different body sets?

Thanks
Daniel
Old 08-30-2019, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

No, all the same as far as the running gear goes.

The two cab-over bodies are the same, besides the livery.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

...mechanically they are the same, body wise there are 2 body styles, and it has not been proven that either is better in terms of performance. I am still winning w/ the original style cab over body (against a crowd of mostly V2 newer body styles).
Old 08-30-2019, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eR1c
...mechanically they are the same, body wise there are 2 body styles, and it has not been proven that either is better in terms of performance. I am still winning w/ the original style cab over body (against a crowd of mostly V2 newer body styles).
What surface are you on?
Old 08-30-2019, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bloke
No, all the same as far as the running gear goes.

The two cab-over bodies are the same, besides the livery.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default No brakes

Anyone have issues with the electronics out of the box?I have zero brakes and I have reset the ESC and tried every radio setting and still have no brakes. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jhold87
Anyone have issues with the electronics out of the box?I have zero brakes and I have reset the ESC and tried every radio setting and still have no brakes. Thanks for any help.
You might have a bad ESC that’s happened to one our guys we tried everything we could think of... finally bought a new one and issue fixed immediately.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by eR1c
What surface are you on?
asphalt at all the clubs I race w/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.