The Drift Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:17 AM
PaZ
Tech Master

bump for the drift thread
Old 01-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

sorry but what does "bump" exactly mean for this situation?

sorry

but ya HELL YA WE GOT TO PAGE 4 let keep it sydwayz
Old 01-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Come on, guys, how do we expect the rest of the RC community to take us seriously is half the messages on this thread is nonsense and is being posted just to add more pages?

From now on, no more posting unless it is answering a question, offering some type of advice or review on some drift specific topic, post up pictures of drift shells or your drift chassis.

No more of this, "Come on guys, let's post more so we can get to page 10!"
Old 01-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Location: San Marcos/San Antonio, Tx but chillin in Orlando, FL for now.

Ive never drifted my rc till just recently and it was quite fun... I used to race all the time with my tc3 and now it collects dust(i got a tc4 now). But i think i need some chassis changes. what setup should i use for running on asphalt and concrete? I have some tires that work well, i think i just need to hone the chassis. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Mike
Old 01-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeDeadly
Ive never drifted my rc till just recently and it was quite fun... I used to race all the time with my tc3 and now it collects dust(i got a tc4 now). But i think i need some chassis changes. what setup should i use for running on asphalt and concrete? I have some tires that work well, i think i just need to hone the chassis. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Mike

well what do you mean by hone the chassis

well for toe keep it 0 for all four corners of the car (the wheels)

as for chamber you should keep it to a limit of 0 to 1 (can work for both front and rear) as for the front you can have it from 0 to 2.5 degrees of NEGITIVE chamber

and just put on the drift tires on and that should most defently get you in the ball park

but while changing the alignments i would also change to open diffs (front and back) and most of the time we like to keep the rear more tighter then
the front

as for the suspension if you want more LONGER drifts you can have the car stiffer or if you want more angle go with the stiffer REAR (in chassis or in suspension for angle)... to another way get longer drifts without stiffening the suspension or chassis is have the shocks angled more so its lazy and the wieght transfers stay longer before your wieght transfers to the other side and and so that would be ending your drift or you have a transition also called inertia drift

well ya this should help you alot and for any other questions just go back here and ask us or the ones who know what they are talking about
Old 01-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Tech Adept

That was exactly what I meant by hone the chassis. Just basic setup to get the car to slide instead of grip. Thanks for the tips, Ill be trying them in the next few days.......

Mike
Old 01-11-2006, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

That was exactly what I meant by hone the chassis. Just basic setup to get the car to slide instead of grip. Thanks for the tips, Ill be trying them in the next few days.......

Mike

glad to be of help
Old 01-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

u should use ABS tires

the taped tires only work for one run

i dono how ductape would work
sence it fixes everything

i use etectrical tape and i should get some ABS this weekend
Old 01-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

I have these crappy hpi radials that seem to work very well...but i may invest in making some abs wheels. Do they make black abs piping though? In the mean time ill have to try the elec. tape method and see what happens.
-M
Old 01-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have these crappy hpi radials that seem to work very well...but i may invest in making some abs wheels. Do they make black abs piping though? In the mean time ill have to try the elec. tape method and see what happens.
-M

yup they do and i know exactly what hpi radial your talking about i used drift with it awhile back but boy was it fun getting some real high end drifts
Old 01-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

ok

i was wondering what shock/spring/fluid does everyone run

and how much ground clearnce u have

oh and where u run ur battery
Old 01-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thedudeaturdoor
ok

i was wondering what shock/spring/fluid does everyone run

and how much ground clearnce u have

oh and where u run ur battery
does all really depend on yourself and it depends also if we guys have the same chassis you know

and ya i thought you were gonna send my the enkie on myspace?
Old 01-12-2006, 03:22 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

ran my 10 triple today and holy crap before that the fastest i ran was a old 19 and dam you dont need plastics to drift i had my best rubbers on and i still was goin sidewayz but thets the way to go it was ok but fresh peaked 3700 and full power caused the motor wire to unsolder dam that got hot cant wait to take it to race it against me mates tomoz ill try and get some shots before the lights go out in the car park
Old 01-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PaZ
ran my 10 triple today and holy crap before that the fastest i ran was a old 19 and dam you dont need plastics to drift i had my best rubbers on and i still was goin sidewayz but thets the way to go it was ok but fresh peaked 3700 and full power caused the motor wire to unsolder dam that got hot cant wait to take it to race it against me mates tomoz ill try and get some shots before the lights go out in the car park

I TOLD YOU SO
Old 01-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default need some advice

I have read thru this thread fully and I am still a bit unclear on a few things that I hope you guys can shed some light on. I am new to this so please bear with me. I am about 70% done with a TT-01 chassis. Not hi digit but I bought the complete bearing kit and the oil shock kit. I will start with the stock motor and then upgrade as funds allow. I realize "abs" tires are recommended or specific drift tires. Can I use the included wheels and tires from the kit? If so what would need to be done? Future motor recommendations? I will be running MX-3 radio, Scorpion LiPo battery, included kit speed controller for now. Thanks for any and all input, it will be most appreciated. By the way are there any spots in Orange County, Ca to go to for good drifting? thanx again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.