Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Drift Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 01:05 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

yer i had to extend the wires to take 3700s as its of me mini mardave but im fitting a newish LRP V7.1 when i get a new esc for my TC theres summin wrong with it, it keeps cutting out when i bounce off the track barriers but if i dont its fine and i cant be bothered to sort it out my. Its my second V7.1 thats gone wrong the last one went wrong inside and i got a cheap one off our distributor cause it was not my fault.

WOOOO page 3
Old 01-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

lets try to get atleast 10 pages and then from there we'll skyrocket to 100 PAGES

well ya
Old 01-03-2006, 12:15 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

BATMAN BUMP
Old 01-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaZ
yer i had to extend the wires to take 3700s as its of me mini mardave but im fitting a newish LRP V7.1 when i get a new esc for my TC theres summin wrong with it, it keeps cutting out when i bounce off the track barriers but if i dont its fine and i cant be bothered to sort it out my. Its my second V7.1 thats gone wrong the last one went wrong inside and i got a cheap one off our distributor cause it was not my fault.

WOOOO page 3

I've read other people have problems with LRP ESCs and drifting. Anywhere from the basic model with reverse up to the 7.1 you have. I don't know what it is with those ESCs.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default My FT TC3 Drift Machine

Sorry, pics are kinda dark. I'll get some better ones up as soon as spring rolls around - 3 long months from now.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
I'm not really intrested in drifting but im looking for info.

We have a indoor carpet track and there has been alot of drift intrest outside of our club. Probably 10 guys that hit the parking lots and other areas..

I would like to invite them to our indoor track to help our club grow as well as give them an oportunity to grow there drifting group. We have a huge indoor track thats available to them 7 days a week.

The question is what tires should we recomend they get to drift on carpet? And what initial setup changes should they make to there cars? Suggestions for motors?

PVC and ABS tires are not an option as they can damage the carpet if they hit boards and nik the edge of the abs/pvc tire. Also the club concensus is the track will only allow foam or rubber tires. YOKOMO rubber with rings is allowed since the sidewalls are rubber. and its thought they would be save on carpet

Really looking for input from guys that actually drift on carpet. Not suggestions as i already have a suggestions as to what might work but i really am looking for what will work. THANKS

I heard FastCats outside of Toronto is letting people drift on their carpet track. I'm not 100% sure of this. You may want to give them a call and ask what their policies and experiences are regarding drifting on carpet tracks. Their website is: http://fastcats.ca/
Old 01-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

thats a TC4 right

i cant really tell

im not a physic
Old 01-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thedudeaturdoor
thats a TC4 right

i cant really tell

im not a physic

it not a tc4 its a tc3 well ya your almost got it
Old 01-03-2006, 03:38 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

thats the first time ive seen sumone with the same type of shock towers as me looks like mine too a bit to alike lol needs a bit more blue though lol but thats a sweet drifter
Attached Thumbnails The Drift Thread-000_0625.jpg   The Drift Thread-000_0622.jpg   The Drift Thread-000_0626.jpg   The Drift Thread-000_0628.jpg  
Old 01-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

i had a "screw up" today

check the XXX-S thread if u wana know what happned
Old 01-04-2006, 02:36 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

lol thats y i keep me fone off when i drift. I had a bummer drift sesh today i totalled me esc so it was glitching so much i wanted to stamp on it ( its only a crappy nosram thing) and ran me motor so hard that it started smoking stuck in some fresh peaked 3700's slapped on some grippy rubbers 29 pinion and tanked it full speed in a straight line a few times and boom goodbye old 19 im glad i was ouside so the smoke blew away from me cause it didnt smell healthy
Old 01-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thedudeaturdoor
i had a "screw up" today

check the XXX-S thread if u wana know what happned
the reason for that is because the cell phone or anyother phone has it frequency too so when your using one and your holding your radio then the two frequencies will currupt each other and there is why you get glitches
Old 01-04-2006, 03:17 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

how do u think i 10*3 would stand up to drifting im lookin for a new motor i would get a 19 but i want more POWER! for when i get a kid on a scooter go ill race ya and slap on me race rubber and before he moves im at the other end of the car park im only lookin at the peak STRATUS R i dont care if its a one use wonder as long as i can rag the hell out of it for a few hours i dont care lol
Old 01-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PaZ
how do u think i 10*3 would stand up to drifting im lookin for a new motor i would get a 19 but i want more POWER! for when i get a kid on a scooter go ill race ya and slap on me race rubber and before he moves im at the other end of the car park im only lookin at the peak STRATUS R i dont care if its a one use wonder as long as i can rag the hell out of it for a few hours i dont care lol

good because instead of tourge taking over to snap a drift the rpms of a modified motor does it (if it is lower tourqe but in your sit. then its ok)

i used to run modified drifting but it was just to much so i now use a guad mag 17turns or up to 15 turns

15 turn is my limit (for drifting)

by the way does anybody have the rtr tc4 motor that is 15 turn that they dont want anymore?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:04 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

wikid cheers mate ill order one now

cummon lad we gotta keep this of page 3 unless there are some topless girls around here to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.