Wiki Posts
Search

The Drift Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by anthony390
try to balance the car on a set-up station

i always wanted to do that but unfortunatly i dont have the money..i just deal with it and i guess i adapt to the car and use my control of the car to balance the things out (steering and throttle responces)
You don't need expensive tools to get the weight balance mostly right - just try lifting the car at the center from both the front and back ends with something narrow, like a hex driver. Use the shaft to line up the center if you don't have a center point marked. When you lift, the side that lifts first needs more weight.

Alternatively you can weight the parts going on the right (battery) vs the ones on the left (electronics and motor) and go from there.

Misbalanced cars are really hard to drive...
Old 06-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Initiate

this is kinda off topic but owell i just got my car from ebay and i was over at my buddies house and he's got an empty basement thats aroun500 sqaure feet it was awsome it was all dusty and stuf and we kinda learned how to drift any way here is the car

[IMG]codys car[/IMG]nevermind i cant get the pic to work

Last edited by supradude; 06-28-2006 at 08:22 PM. Reason: pic wont work
Old 06-29-2006, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ljohnson
You don't need expensive tools to get the weight balance mostly right - just try lifting the car at the center from both the front and back ends with something narrow, like a hex driver. Use the shaft to line up the center if you don't have a center point marked. When you lift, the side that lifts first needs more weight.

Alternatively you can weight the parts going on the right (battery) vs the ones on the left (electronics and motor) and go from there.

Misbalanced cars are really hard to drive...

ill try it

but how you said the unbalance car is really hard to drive...well its not that hard for me...but then agian maybe my car is already balanced enogh for me to handle...im not that sure but i already been dealing with it for ever since i had my tc3 and i barly notice it now
Old 06-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by supradude
this is kinda off topic but owell i just got my car from ebay and i was over at my buddies house and he's got an empty basement thats aroun500 sqaure feet it was awsome it was all dusty and stuf and we kinda learned how to drift any way here is the car

[IMG]codys car[/IMG]nevermind i cant get the pic to work
yeah its easyer to use someplace like Photobucket to host the image, then copy the URL and post just the url here, so it does not take forever to load the page

i u want to use mine ill pm u info
Old 07-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

just for the guys looking for drift tires..

i got some for sale...some with rims..some without. the ones with rims are white dish rims and some beat up yokomo meshies. comes in orginial pipe version, or pre-cut. The pipe version is already marked but u can remark it to fit your rims. the precutt ones were used to fit a normal 26mm rim i think..but thats only a few, most of em are for pretty wide rims..if you want me to cut the abs, i will need to know how wide your rims are in either inches or mm (preferbaly).

prices: $3 for a set of 4 tires +shipping. will give deals on multiple sets ordered.

full on 2 feet tubes are $7 bucks a pop +shipping, will gives deals on multiple tubes bought..

will accept paypal only..unless you are planning me on handing cash..i MIGHT take MO....

will ship anywhere in the world if you pay the shipping..the faster you want it, the more you pay..btw, i ship FED EX.

i got some worn out rims i do not use with thin foams on em, so u just push em on...these are 24mm rims but the abs holds snug tight because of the foam.

after i run out of abs...i will get more

will post pics later this week...around july 4th maybe..

contact me by

PM
AIM
Email

aim: mrxvalentin
email: [email protected]
Old 07-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RC Guru
just for the guys looking for drift tires..

i got some for sale...some with rims..some without. the ones with rims are white dish rims and some beat up yokomo meshies. comes in orginial pipe version, or pre-cut. The pipe version is already marked but u can remark it to fit your rims. the precutt ones were used to fit a normal 26mm rim i think..but thats only a few, most of em are for pretty wide rims..if you want me to cut the abs, i will need to know how wide your rims are in either inches or mm (preferbaly).

prices: $3 for a set of 4 tires +shipping. will give deals on multiple sets ordered.

full on 2 feet tubes are $7 bucks a pop +shipping, will gives deals on multiple tubes bought..

will accept paypal only..unless you are planning me on handing cash..i MIGHT take MO....

will ship anywhere in the world if you pay the shipping..the faster you want it, the more you pay..btw, i ship FED EX.

i got some worn out rims i do not use with thin foams on em, so u just push em on...these are 24mm rims but the abs holds snug tight because of the foam.

after i run out of abs...i will get more

will post pics later this week...around july 4th maybe..

contact me by

PM
AIM
Email

aim: mrxvalentin
email: [email protected]

hey rc guru (aka viet drifter right)

may i ask how much profit are you making and is it really all worth it
Old 07-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

looks like they have a brushless for drifters, the new Novak stock

cant wait to save up and buy one, along with my tc4

so paz, whats broke lately, i need a paz story!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default Any brushless will work for drifting

You don't need any specific brushless for drifting. Personally, I've got one of the new castlcreations one's comming in. It's a new product with great pricing and should be good for drift, screwing around, and competative racing.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

dude, if its like the 5.5 you wont be past 1/4 throlte, its over kill

unless ur drifting with rubbers, but its over kill, a 7x1 is over kill, heck my 13t was too much for me

u must be doing so 30-40 mph drifting, a stock or 19t is best, and one guy was saying his 5.5 was wyy too much with the throle trim awwwwayy down, and he was not going past 1/4th throle
Old 07-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Power drifting

High power is fine if you've got the exponential on your radio tuned right, but the more power you've got the better your throttle control has to be. Especially for ABS on asphalt as it's so low traction. What you don't want is more power than you're capable of using in a controled fasion.

Last edited by Serandin; 07-07-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:03 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

hallo thar ive spent all week with the TC3 in many many pieces trying to reshape the ally parts i never knew wishbones could bend in so many different ways i not been drifting the TC3 for a while cause i set fire to the esc and couldn't be bothered to buy another one so i took the Evo 4 out for a drift running the money motor and it was goin fine till it just stopped i was lookin at it like uhhh ohhhh not the evo please all the expensive gear NOOOOO and looks like that esc has gone aswell so i got me a no limit LRP which i stuck in the TC3 tonight and had the 7x1 up screaming again i gotta stick it in the evo next to make sure that works fine
Old 07-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by thedudeaturdoor
dude, if its like the 5.5 you wont be past 1/4 throlte, its over kill

unless ur drifting with rubbers, but its over kill, a 7x1 is over kill, heck my 13t was too much for me

u must be doing so 30-40 mph drifting, a stock or 19t is best, and one guy was saying his 5.5 was wyy too much with the throle trim awwwwayy down, and he was not going past 1/4th throle
actually, power is easily turned down to controllable levels from what i've seen. the castle creations setup looks good, so i am gonna try it, BUT the biggest factor in a brushless system that can mess up RC drifters is the way the reverse kicks in when you are trying to brake. novaks are awesome. out of the 6 i tried/owned, not one reversed when i was trying to brake. my one lrp sphere/neo one combination hits reverse too easily and was never good for rc drifting. so hopefully the mamba max has good programming as far as the reverse kicking in. maybe it can even be programmed in. i'll be happy if i can program the amount of reverse there is, especially since we like to run front oneways that only allow the rear to reverse, so a soft smooth reverse curve with no punch would be nice.

b

ps: thanks to Ben and Marn from groovy for coming down to hawaii and rc drifting with us.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default reversing during drift

Well, on my novak brushless I just turn reverse off by selecting the right profile. On the mamba you have nearly complete control over these settings as it's all computer programmed so setting reverse delay is super easy. If you've got a controller that doesn't allow you to change the reverse delay or turn it off completely then you may have issues. In that case try setting brake exponential / speed / end point / or what have you on your radio if possible.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PaZ
hallo thar ive spent all week with the TC3 in many many pieces trying to reshape the ally parts i never knew wishbones could bend in so many different ways i not been drifting the TC3 for a while cause i set fire to the esc and couldn't be bothered to buy another one so i took the Evo 4 out for a drift running the money motor and it was goin fine till it just stopped i was lookin at it like uhhh ohhhh not the evo please all the expensive gear NOOOOO and looks like that esc has gone aswell so i got me a no limit LRP which i stuck in the TC3 tonight and had the 7x1 up screaming again i gotta stick it in the evo next to make sure that works fine

thats pazz, blowing up stuff and makin it smokeeeeeeee
Old 07-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ihave a TB evo1 with a novak 5.5r (pictured a couple of pages back) and it drifts fine. I hardly go above 1/4 throttle but occasionally give it full throttle in a big drift but it doesn't change the drift too much. It is too much motor for drifting but because I'm oinly using 1/4 throttle it lasts a good 20 minutes on 4 cells.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.