ausdrift.net?
Old 06-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

well im still hwere but i dont really have anything to talk about

if someone needs anykind of help post it so we can keep this thing going
Old 06-16-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Default Ok, here's something

Anyone have any setup tips for running ABS or yokomo's on carpet? On asphalt you're practically skating on ice, but ozite's got some serious grip. I'm thinking stiff with a fair bit of caster to try and keep the wheels flat. Don't want an edge catching the carpet.

Any thoughts?
Old 06-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Serandin
Anyone have any setup tips for running ABS or yokomo's on carpet? On asphalt you're practically skating on ice, but ozite's got some serious grip. I'm thinking stiff with a fair bit of caster to try and keep the wheels flat. Don't want an edge catching the carpet.

Any thoughts?
may i ask what car?
Old 06-16-2006, 02:22 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

im still here just about we got kicked off our drift spot they said our radio gear was setting off there new tech alarm system......the fact its still going off when there is no one anywhere near the place might just prove its not us but they wont believe us oh and the fact that the esc caught fire doesnt really help
Old 06-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default setup

Old 06-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default setup

Originally Posted by anthony390
may i ask what car?
A TA04 currently.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

OK, I got one. My daughter has this friend. And He wants to argue with her about witch cars real drifters use but My ? is,
Don't it hafta be a 4wd car to drift?
I cain't any 2wd car drifting as the non-drive whells/tires won't have any drive to cause them to break traction. Is it me or is I rite?
Old 06-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Tech Rookie

with real cars RWD is the best when it comes to drifting, I'm sure with RC 4WD is better due to the lack of true brakes. But I"m sure you can drift with either...you can can't effectivly drift with FWD.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

ok well real cars (1:1 scale) have complety different wieght ratios also depending on the car layout, such as FR, 4wd, MR, RR, etc

so as you can see the real cars that are usually used for drifting is rear wheel drives, as to the weight ratios the common one is the engine being up front

when you said "non-drive whells/tires won't have any drive to cause them to break traction" it is complety impossible to keep traction, you have to remember that the wheels even without drive are always under stress due the the car's and driver's movements and actions, i can list some examples such as: Turning under high speed causing to understeer(not enough traction for turning) or even oversteer(your turning wheel have more grip) depending on the way your driving at that moment, braking and then turning while still braking and then to prolong to drift would either be powerover or just using the gas to keep off traction, which is mostly use to drift with, and another one is that the steering is not always parallel to the driveline in which your car is taking especially when your car is already in an angle

one kind of a drift line is usually taken by braking and turning almost at the same time to break traction causing you to be able to drift

and an example for a grip line is braking and then turning with a slight overlap of those actions so the car doesnt lose enough traction to slide

get it?...now for the 1:0 scale car is 4wd to drift with is becuase of the traction is pretty low and the complety small wheel base, the wieght ratio is also involved, as most of these cars are made 4wd and have the motor in the back with the battery along side

to sum it up 4wd and rear wheel drive can both drift but the easist to drift with is the FR layout...front wheel drive cars can also drift but its harder becuase of the extra using of the hand brake and the car is usually slower

well i hope i cleared it up and i hope the arguement doesnt get too rough

Old 06-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Hey, here's a drift thread! I generally try to stick to the other forums, but this is the only place my post will fit.....

Anyway..........

Me and a buddy went to see the latest F&F movie yesterday (I promised not to make Ricer/Riceboy comments, even though I was tempted. ) and it got me thinking. We have this drift car in the lineup.... lets make a similar type of movie. No storyline, no dialouge, nothing fancy (Like those guys from Singapore) but a fun, fast paced movie about our drift car.

We're not big import fans, but we did like the moves we saw on the big screen while watching The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift, so we tried our hand at some. The movie shows our results. Check it out by going to the address below...

www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/Movies.html

Let us know how we can set the car up better, drive it better, make future movies better, or just lead better lives in general! Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by Platinum_Racing; 06-17-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:39 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

i love that video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.