Search
Like Tree331Likes

Team Associated F1

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 05:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Well, until we get them in our sweaty palms, we won't have any dimensions. I will say that the masses won't go for them unless the wheel and tire package looks like a current/recent F1 car.
I think they could catch on. Especially if they work well on less then perfect pavement. Though I've got a feeling they won't be available till after my racing schedule is over. Even so I'll definitely be buying a set. Maybe they could make mine drivable away from the prepared surface.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:52 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
I have tried the WRC P-One F1 tires. They are low profile also on a larger rim. The tire is extremely stable and would work well on a high bite track I think, but they did not produce enough steering on a medium bite asphalt track.
I have a set when I bought their F1. The fronts arent bad, they are a pretty hard compound but works pretty well in the summer. The rears on the other hand comes in this weird compound, at least for mine, and doesnt provide much grip. The rubber is "blotchy" too, as if they didnt mix the compound that well. The pictures Ive seen of this tire on the internet looks nothing like mine, so i highly suspect theres a manufacturing problem.

Compared to other "non low profile" tire its hard to tell if the thinner sidewall provides any benefit.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
It does not need to be listed anywhere. It is obvious from the pictures....
There are better pictures on their Facebook page. Can't seem to get it to link today. Up close look much more like touring car tires then what I've run so far on my F1.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
I have a set when I bought their F1. The fronts arent bad, they are a pretty hard compound but works pretty well in the summer. The rears on the other hand comes in this weird compound, at least for mine, and doesnt provide much grip. The rubber is "blotchy" too, as if they didnt mix the compound that well. The pictures Ive seen of this tire on the internet looks nothing like mine, so i highly suspect theres a manufacturing problem.

Compared to other "non low profile" tire its hard to tell if the thinner sidewall provides any benefit.
What about weight ??? Did you weigh them, and compare???
Old 07-06-2017, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Volante F1

Other than the videos from Asia, who is testing these? Are they even final production units or is this just a hype video and this a proof of concept test? There is only info on Facebook. Their own website has Nnnnothing! Everyone is having a stroke over something we can't even order. If you have some to test, how did you get them and under what restrictions?
Old 07-06-2017, 05:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Other than the videos from Asia, who is testing these? Are they even final production units or is this just a hype video and this a proof of concept test? There is only info on Facebook. Their own website has Nnnnothing! Everyone is having a stroke over something we can't even order. If you have some to test, how did you get them and under what restrictions?
I don't think people are having a stroke over them. Not like the " rubber tires for 1/12" thread. Some there were actually threatened to quit the hobby if that happened.
Nobody really knows yet how close, or if just showing as a possibility. I know the group hosting the races I'm in are.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I don't think people are having a stroke over them. Not like the " rubber tires for 1/12" thread. Some there were actually threatened to quit the hobby if that happened.
Nobody really knows yet how close, or if just showing as a possibility. I know the group hosting the races I'm in are.
Yeah, that one has some very heavy opinions in it. Once upon a time there were Pardus Wheels and tires. They made the face of the rim look like a sidewall. Tires were not so good, but they tried to make form and function work together.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Yeah, that one has some very heavy opinions in it. Once upon a time there were Pardus Wheels and tires. They made the face of the rim look like a sidewall. Tires were not so good, but they tried to make form and function work together.
And I was just starting to look into 1/12 as that thread got going. I know now that really not an option for me at this time. And while I can appreciate the passion that some have. That level can also deter someone new from even looking into a class.

I'm still new enuff to F1 that if these new style tires were approved, it wouldn't be a big deal to me. But I do get that for those that have been running F1, the whole scale realism is part of the draw of the class.

It's hard to guess if these are just prototypes, that they are just trying to see what response they get. Just my view but I don't think so. Most of these brands seem really good at keeping things out of sight unless they want it seen.
liljohn1064 likes this.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999

I have a set of the p1's as well. They are about 1.2-1.5 slower per lap on medium bite carpet compared to pit 571/572 combo. The are also larger than the pits by 1-2mm (not just the rim)
Old 07-07-2017, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Well, I bit the bullet and put the Montech front wing on the car and mounted a fresh PF Fifteen on it. I had to remove a little of the body just in front of the rear wheels to get the tip of the nose even with the front wing. The original body cut for the Associated wing was about 10mm too long. It's not painted at this point, but the fit is nice. Now I can pick or plan a livery for it. I'm leaning toward the FW14b Mansell car.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated F1-img_20170703_210639.jpg  
Old 07-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Question - how do you guys enter a tight turn off a fast straight or faster previous corner? Or perhaps- how do you setup your braking?

I'm on high grip and I like to come into a corner fast brake hard then turn and accelerate simultaneously. However, I'm having trouble getting this car to brake as fast as I like as the rear ended starts to hop and likes to step out if I turn in too quick before it settles.

I've tried antilock and high and low braking strengths and end up going to regular brakes around 60% on a xr10 esc, but I keep wanting more braking power.

I know the cars are traction limited to an extent but wondering if any of you setup gurus have experienced this and what you did.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Question - how do you guys enter a tight turn off a fast straight or faster previous corner? Or perhaps- how do you setup your braking?

I'm on high grip and I like to come into a corner fast brake hard then turn and accelerate simultaneously. However, I'm having trouble getting this car to brake as fast as I like as the rear ended starts to hop and likes to step out if I turn in too quick before it settles.

I've tried antilock and high and low braking strengths and end up going to regular brakes around 60% on a xr10 esc, but I keep wanting more braking power.

I know the cars are traction limited to an extent but wondering if any of you setup gurus have experienced this and what you did.

My suggestions are:

1) adjust your braking technique just as you would driving technique.
2) ask Perry.
3) if you are Perry, go back to suggestion #1.
Antimullet likes this.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet

A friend of mine sort of had that issue and went with the hardest springs up front and actually ran the front slightly higher than the rear "slightly being key" and after that it was all finger control.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Drag brake for me. Rely less on push brake which can unsettle the rear if you are not careful with your EPA and trigger control.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

less rear pod droop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.