Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 08:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys....go figure. I'd looked throughout the last few pages but didn't see the post on THIS page. I did find that the multi-diff for the FK'05 will work with the T2 so maybe I'll pirate that from mine.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
Why not just design a shock to run upside down then? All that oil up high? The oil adds even more weight.
That would increase the unsprung weight, and that is even worse....

Funny thing about RC companies. They make a kit, they tell you all the reasons why a design feature better, then when they make something new, they want you to scrap all the previous information they told you about a old model, and they tell you this is a better design.
Xray made aluminum shock bodies and could have sold tons more of them had they done business as you suggest they do, once they felt it wasnt an improvment, they let everyone know that and eventually discontinued them...
All the contradictions make me laugh. Heck the 05 won over the T2.
evolution/improvment dont seem like contradictions to me....the 05 will win lots of races still, and you could have kept yours if you think its the better of the two cars....
That's just my opinion. It took people along time to get use to those features and now they say it's not good anymore? With the 05 you could still use whell spacers and nothing stuck out. I'm sure that's why Xray designed the 05 wheel axles that way in the first place.
I dont remember Xray saying they wernt good any more, looks like they just did what they had to do to make the uprights and chubs smaller, making it possible to narrow the rear arms and mount the shocks more outboard while still clearing wide wheels for foams, and on the front the shorter chubs let them move the upper link out to the kingpin centerline without having clearance problems......
everything seems to have a reason if you will look for it instead of try to find a reason to complain, trust the xray design team, if you dont like it AFTER you get one, tell them why .......
Old 12-24-2005, 08:26 AM
Tech Initiate

hehehehehe
Old 12-24-2005, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have never owned an X Ray, but I do currently have a 415 which is very similar to the 05. I also was mever really a fan of the belt over the top deck concept, although it now seems to be the design most companies are going with. And as allot of u have stated its all in the details. The more I examine the flex chassis concept the more intrigued as well as concerned I become. After really looking at the chassis and topdeck and the why the Aluminim standoffs are used, I think X Ray could really be on to something truley unique. There is however a possible chink in the T2 armor. Is it me or does anyone else see a possible weakness on the battery side of the rear bulkhead. It looks like that could possibly bend.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

I think some of you might be misunderstanding my post. What I mean by no exception is I have request of people trying to pre-paid or trying to move up on the list and I will not allow that to happen. Pre-orders will be contacted in the order in which they are received. And I will not make an exception to this is what I meant in the original post. Hope that clarify things

Now, if you guys are concerned about not getting your confirmation email. We can certainly start this pre-order confirmation process Jan. 2nd, it's not a problem for us. Just we thought that some of you might want to know as soon as possible whether you are going to get one on our first batch. Let me know what you guys think, I'll make a decision on Monday after reading the response on here. Please understand it is our not decision to have a car kit released around this time of the year when people are on vacation, but we will try and work with the pre-order customers as much as we can. Let us know what works for you guys

Happy Holidays everyone

Steve Wang
No worries, Steve you are the man. Merry Christmas to you and all at Speedtech.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ill Factor
I have never owned an X Ray, but I do currently have a 415 which is very similar to the 05. I also was mever really a fan of the belt over the top deck concept, although it now seems to be the design most companies are going with. And as allot of u have stated its all in the details. The more I examine the flex chassis concept the more intrigued as well as concerned I become. After really looking at the chassis and topdeck and the why the Aluminim standoffs are used, I think X Ray could really be on to something truley unique. There is however a possible chink in the T2 armor. Is it me or does anyone else see a possible weakness on the battery side of the rear bulkhead. It looks like that could possibly bend.
I'm no engineer but I'd say that it would offer more consistent flex from side to side. As far as durability, the Cyclone is similar and the Corally guys have been running a similar "prototype" bulkhead on the RDX. Seems like the way to go.

"No worries, Steve you are the man. Merry Christmas to you and all at Speedtech."
Hey Rob. Your order is in. Stop kissing Steve's a$$. He said that he's not moving you up on the list.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mdoc
Xray made aluminum shock bodies and could have sold tons more of them had they done business as you suggest they do, once they felt it wasnt an improvment, they let everyone know that and eventually discontinued them...
I'm not arguing with you but just for the record: Xray discontinued the alu shock body because it won't fit to the new car. It is very unlikely that someone who buys (or kept) the old car will spend 50 bucks on a pair
Old 12-24-2005, 06:40 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
We like the Multidiff in Cali! Southern California of course!
Oh don't forget about us too Washtington state ,,,Franko
Old 12-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cvt01
I'm not arguing with you but just for the record: Xray discontinued the alu shock body because it won't fit to the new car. It is very unlikely that someone who buys (or kept) the old car will spend 50 bucks on a pair
Im not arguing back, , but they could have very easily shortened them instead of discontinuing them, I guess I just see Xray as a performance driven company, more than as a money driven one, but we all have our own opinion......
Old 12-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mdoc
Im not arguing back, , but they could have very easily shortened them instead of discontinuing them, I guess I just see Xray as a performance driven company, more than as a money driven one, but we all have our own opinion......
I think the only similarity between the new and old shock bodies is the bore diameter, other than that the shock bodies are completely different. The threads on top are different and the threads that secure the preload spacers are different.

Ill Factor: There shouldn't be any significant load on the right rear bulkhead in this location, if there is i would think you have a bigger problem, like your battery pack flying around in there, haha.

RC Knight: Start your own company! haha
Old 12-24-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

tks for the info ....I didnt realize they had changed them that much......
Old 12-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
I think the only similarity between the new and old shock bodies is the bore diameter, other than that the shock bodies are completely different. The threads on top are different and the threads that secure the preload spacers are different.
Yep. The top cap, body, rod and end cap are all different. The following parts are interchangeable though: rubber membranes, all o-rings, alum adjustable nut, e-clip (1.9 & 2.3), washer 3.2, all fixed & adjustable pistons
Old 12-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
Yep. The top cap, body, rod and end cap are all different. The following parts are interchangeable though: rubber membranes, all o-rings, alum adjustable nut, e-clip (1.9 & 2.3), washer 3.2, all fixed & adjustable pistons
End cap? Are you talking about the rod end? Because yeah, that's different too, just keeping you on your toes...
Old 12-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
End cap? Are you talking about the rod end? Because yeah, that's different too, just keeping you on your toes...
The end cap that screws onto the bottom of the body and is removed in order to bleed the shocks.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

I think some of you might be misunderstanding my post. What I mean by no exception is I have request of people trying to pre-paid or trying to move up on the list and I will not allow that to happen. Pre-orders will be contacted in the order in which they are received. And I will not make an exception to this is what I meant in the original post. Hope that clarify things

Now, if you guys are concerned about not getting your confirmation email. We can certainly start this pre-order confirmation process Jan. 2nd, it's not a problem for us. Just we thought that some of you might want to know as soon as possible whether you are going to get one on our first batch. Let me know what you guys think, I'll make a decision on Monday after reading the response on here. Please understand it is our not decision to have a car kit released around this time of the year when people are on vacation, but we will try and work with the pre-order customers as much as we can. Let us know what works for you guys

Happy Holidays everyone

Steve Wang
I vote you contact us this coming week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.