Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

New T2 is works pretty good ... 2th place for Jilles and 5th for Martin.. 2cars in the top 5 .. No other brand has that

-Hugo
Old 12-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChrisP
...Xray is in the process of prepping 4 new releases for launch, plus keeping up with their full race schedule, plus getting ready for Christmas...it's the holidays all over the place!!!

Mario has been accessing and posting on the forum at a rate of less than once per week over the last little while as he contends with the workload...
You don't even know the half of it. The XRAY team has been single-handedly supporting coffee bean sales world-wide for a little while now. I'm hoping Mario gets some sleep sometime this month.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

edited: I'll let that slide for now....
Old 12-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

World Cup Results.......

TQ Martin Hudy

1 Mark R

2 Martin H

3 Jilles G

also Mario posted that they both ran cars they just got a few days ago....production cars out of the box.......could be a good sign......
Old 12-18-2005, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

looks like more x ray domination
Old 12-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I wonder how durable the new car will be...

because in the attempt for get the best performace, they trimmed it down some. A car that is not durable means very little to the guy at the local level. If you can't finish then what's the point? I don't hit things as much anymore but I can't stand a tc that can't take a hit and finish the race. That can be frustrating to a new person and vets alike. The hobby needs to retain as many people in the hobby as it can. I hope the car can take a wack. I can't figure out why the old HPI Pro 2 could take hard core punishment and the new breed of cars can't even take a clip. The Pro 2's parts were light and strong. I hope the new T2 take take the same.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you look closely at the parts on the T2, strong, yet light weight is a recurring theme...

Square corners have been all but eliminated on high stress areas such as Hubs and hub carriers..compare a steering knuckle from the FK05 with one from the T2 and you will notice that the T2 has rounded or filleted corners...this allows them to use less material and actually increase the strength as it eliminates stress risers within the part...

I'd say that they have invested a lot of time into FEA (Finite Element Analysis) in their CAD systems for these parts, stressing and loading them in order to ptimize their strength while maintaining a minimum size profile....

It's little things like that which I'm referencing when Isay the differences are in the details....the smallest things can sometimes make the biggest differences..

But then again....I'm sure I don't know the half of it
Old 12-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChrisP
If you look closely at the parts on the T2, strong, yet light weight is a recurring theme...

Square corners have been all but eliminated on high stress areas such as Hubs and hub carriers..compare a steering knuckle from the FK05 with one from the T2 and you will notice that the T2 has rounded or filleted corners...this allows them to use less material and actually increase the strength as it eliminates stress risers within the part...

I'd say that they have invested a lot of time into FEA (Finite Element Analysis) in their CAD systems for these parts, stressing and loading them in order to ptimize their strength while maintaining a minimum size profile....

It's little things like that which I'm referencing when Isay the differences are in the details....the smallest things can sometimes make the biggest differences..

But then again....I'm sure I don't know the half of it
Yes, I very much like it when a company pays attention and puts effort into the little details. I'm glad I switched to the xray camp. I haven't looked back since. I very much noticed the rounded sleek edges of the parts, but I didn't know it had to due with making them stronger. It grabbed me. Then, not only was Xray able to make stronger parts, but they made them good cool as well. I predict sales will be huge with the T2.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mdoc
World Cup Results.......

TQ Martin Hudy

1 Mark R

2 Martin H

3 Jilles G

also Mario posted that they both ran cars they just got a few days ago....production cars out of the box.......could be a good sign......

I think they were talking about two of the team drivers getting their new in the box Xrray05s. It appears many of the team drivers were driving a 05. Did any of the team use or win with the new car? It would be interesting to talk to some of the guys at the race that are independent and what happened at the race.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

it is posted on the xray forum by mario that martin and jules were using t2's

they got new in box, and ran box stock T2s for the race
Old 12-19-2005, 01:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i was at the race so i can tell you

all team drivers and sponsored guys got T2s to race at the carpet cup.
Some built them on the spot and were very happy with them.
Very nice car, very MSX lookalike but with awesome xray quality and probably a little less tweak-prone.

Objectively though, you can say that it seems to be that the Xray guys did a little less wrenching on the car than others (i wont say who the "others" were ) , and that there did not seem to be major issues with it in terms of reliability..

The xray guys were not running it fully stiff (some flex was left by removing screws as you saw on the site). the issue of NOT having to deal with 3 chassis stiffnesses, 4 top deccks and so on: priceless !

Nothing much else to be said about it since you d have to drive one to have a real idea.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Patriiick
i was at the race so i can tell you

all team drivers and sponsored guys got T2s to race at the carpet cup.
Some built them on the spot and were very happy with them.
Very nice car, very MSX lookalike but with awesome xray quality and probably a little less tweak-prone.

Objectively though, you can say that it seems to be that the Xray guys did a little less wrenching on the car than others (i wont say who the "others" were ) , and that there did not seem to be major issues with it in terms of reliability..

The xray guys were not running it fully stiff (some flex was left by removing screws as you saw on the site). the issue of NOT having to deal with 3 chassis stiffnesses, 4 top deccks and so on: priceless !

Nothing much else to be said about it since you d have to drive one to have a real idea.
Thanks for the insite, I sure would like to see one of the big races. I'm sure the team guys loved the fact that it was easier to work on and setup. Less time wasted. I know this detail has always been a big deal to me when it comes to a tc design. We can only hope the car will not have tweak issues. What I like so much about this car, one chassis for everything! Now I can change back and forth from foam class to rubber tire spec class. I can't wait to get mine. I hope they are coming soon.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Ship dates to the hobby shops look like 01-01-06 for the T2.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Source?

Where'd you hear that, Espo? I hope you're right!
Old 12-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Espo
Ship dates to the hobby shops look like 01-01-06 for the T2.
Is this true?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.