Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 04:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcmoney
When truing your tires use a rough file to grind away a small amount of the rim and the tire on the inside. I do all 4 corners of the car. If you space the tires out in the rear it may be to wide when using more toe. Just make sure that the left and right sides are close to the same width.
I have the impression that Roborat is talking about rubber tires...
Old 07-18-2006, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
oh, and another question ... have any of you had the rear rims rub against the rear shock ends when mounting the shocks in the outter hole on the rear a-arm? mine rubs bad and have gone through a couple of shock ends already. was just wondering if this is somthing other have experienced. i've used much more, yokomo and speedmind rims and they all rub enuff to eat through the shock ends till they snap. dont wanna use the inner holes on the a-arms coz they do change the handling of my significantly and i really like how my ride is now set-up wise. any thoughts?
You need to ease (round) the corner of the wheel that's rubbing on the shock end. I use a deburring tool and here is a LINK . Even after doing this, the wheel will still leave a groove... just not as severe. Hope this helps.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

cvt01: yes i run rubber tires on an indoor asphalt track

mcmoney: thanks though, i appreciate effort to help out a fellow racer.

Kyle: will do that as well. thanks!
Old 07-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

hello everyone i love my new t2 but it is extremely loose all the time i heard that i could take some screws out so the car will grab better ??? does any 1 have any ideas on which screws i should pull out? and where?
Old 07-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Try running the medium set up from your manual..... That is what I run for indoor asphalt rubber tire racing.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Baker18
hello everyone i love my new t2 but it is extremely loose all the time i heard that i could take some screws out so the car will grab better ??? does any 1 have any ideas on which screws i should pull out? and where?

Baker18 - Yes there are screws on the car you can remove to give the car more flex. This may help you car some, but if your car is very loose it maybe the tires you're using or the surface you're running on. Post on here what tires you are using and the kind of surface you're running on also very important is the surface preped with anything like sugar water,soda,VHT, etc.... or is it Carpet.

As far as the screws go if you bought the car new it comes with a fantastic tunning guide with a diagram on how to increase the flex by removing screws. If you got the car second hand check out Xrays website you can download the manuel and the set up book

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/products/proddwnld.php?prod_id=1513&kategoria=0

I hope this helps

Roly
Old 07-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Baker18
If you are running rubber tire/asphault, take out the inner 4 screws on the top plate, the four inside screws on the bottom in the center of the rear trans housing, and the two in the center on the front trans housing. Also, don't run the center brace or any of the posts for the top plate. Hope that helps.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
Baker18 - Yes there are screws on the car you can remove to give the car more flex. This may help you car some, but if your car is very loose it maybe the tires you're using or the surface you're running on. Post on here what tires you are using and the kind of surface you're running on also very important is the surface preped with anything like sugar water,soda,VHT, etc.... or is it Carpet.

As far as the screws go if you bought the car new it comes with a fantastic tunning guide with a diagram on how to increase the flex by removing screws. If you got the car second hand check out Xrays website you can download the manuel and the set up book

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/products/proddwnld.php?prod_id=1513&kategoria=0

I hope this helps

Roly

Thanks everyone for ur help and yes it did help ....i was using cs 32's and 27's there is a track i go to that uses vht but i havent drove it there
Old 07-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Art Jensen
If you are running rubber tire/asphault, take out the inner 4 screws on the top plate, the four inside screws on the bottom in the center of the rear trans housing, and the two in the center on the front trans housing. Also, don't run the center brace or any of the posts for the top plate. Hope that helps.

Got my plate today. Thing is hot, thanks!
Old 07-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I was just wondering what foam tires (brand and model) you guys like best? Also what tire additive?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AChupp2
I was just wondering what foam tires (brand and model) you guys like best? Also what tire additive?
Reply posted in the XRAY forum.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AChupp2
Parmas(Pink Magenta) followed by Jaco (Dbl Pink and Pink/Orange). I myself have never run them, but lots of guys also run TRC foams. Paragon works just fine. Full rears and inside half of the fronts.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

does anyone know the difference between the T2 and the T2R??
Old 07-20-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

T2r is a plastic chassis lower cost version of the T2
Old 07-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

It actually looks like black fiber-glass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.