Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ALBERTO
US kit only gets a diff nothing else..... the gent across the pone get the multi diff... I might be mistaken but the multi diff replaces the one way.... I think???...
The US kits come with 2 normal diffs. The rest of the world get a normal diff in the rear and a multi in the front. The multi diff can be configured as a: spool, locked one way or a normal one way. The reason behind it is that the US distributor decided that US-drivers need 2 diffs for high grip carpet racing. And by this configuration serving most of the US-drivers.
Originally Posted by ALBERTO
...Has anyone else found the xray forums site down???? or is it just me
Correct: The whole Xray site is down. Or more precise: The MySQL database is down.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beerbarron
I keep hearing it, T2 vs TC4. I am just stubborn or cheap or something. Thanks for the advice. I think I remember you posting on the TC4 thread. All the good advice on the TC4 thread has pretty much dried up. It should not be a suprise though. More and more, no one is running the car. Most of the club guys at my track switched to a T2 last week. The only TC4s left running are BMI cars. Even then lap times are a few tenths off of RDXs and T2s. It would seem the TC4 chassis is not on par with the new euro cars, judging by local lap times.

Would the T2 work as well on rubber tires too?
indeed the T2 is supurb with rubber tires on asphalt! that the only surface we run on here locally. and yes, the T2 just seems to work better than the TC4. i currently have both and although the TC4 works great for me in spec classes (19t & 27T), i just had a hard time getting it to where i want in mod. The T2 on the other hand just simply rocks - be it mod or spec!
Old 02-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

since you guys mentioned multi-diffs, have any of you run the solid one-way config yet? i have run diffs, spools and one ways in the various cars ive owned and know the advantages and handling characteristics of all but the solid on-way is alien to me at this point. have not had a chance to try it yet ... would anyone know what i should expect in terms of how it will affect my car's steering/handling?? thanks in advance!
Old 02-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
since you guys mentioned multi-diffs, have any of you run the solid one-way config yet? i have run diffs, spools and one ways in the various cars ive owned and know the advantages and handling characteristics of all but the solid on-way is alien to me at this point. have not had a chance to try it yet ... would anyone know what i should expect in terms of how it will affect my car's steering/handling?? thanks in advance!
I used it once as an experiment. The off power steering into a corner is much better, caused by the fact that the diff act then as a normal one way. And on the exit of the corner you can hit earlier the throttle, caused by the fact that the diff than acts like a spool. But strangly enough i never used this configuration since...
Old 02-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Does anyone know if these shock mounts would work on a Fk05'. I'm thinking they should but are a bit smaller then the regular ones. Just want to make sure and too see if this a cheaper method then buying the complete composite shock frames just to get this small part.
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/pics/xra308316.jpg
Old 02-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

anyone know where i can get a rear shock tower for the T2 - mine broke - no one seems to have any....

when are the graphite parts coming???? i have been pretty low key on xray not having parts soon...but it has been almost 6 weeks, and they still can't provide adequate parts support.....

from a business standpoint, Xray/RCAmerica really fouled up the T2 release...i love the car, but this is ridiculous....

i know, i know....don't hit anything and you won't break....well, i did, and now i want to fix my car, but i can't...
Old 02-25-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Also, as far as parts supply goes, what are the most easily broken parts? I would assume hubs and maybe some arms??? I am going to be ordering a T2 pretty soon and I want to order some replacement parts so I am prepared if anything happens. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to not hit anything, so I AM going to break stuff.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
heres some pics

Once again Jason has improved on the "unimprovable" design of the T2. Thats hot poopie right there.

- DaveW
Old 02-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
Also, as far as parts supply goes, what are the most easily broken parts? I would assume hubs and maybe some arms??? I am going to be ordering a T2 pretty soon and I want to order some replacement parts so I am prepared if anything happens. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to not hit anything, so I AM going to break stuff.

Rear shock tower is a little weak. Broke mine last night at the roll centre holes. Wasn't a solid hit either.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
anyone know where i can get a rear shock tower for the T2 - mine broke - no one seems to have any....

when are the graphite parts coming???? i have been pretty low key on xray not having parts soon...but it has been almost 6 weeks, and they still can't provide adequate parts support.....

from a business standpoint, Xray/RCAmerica really fouled up the T2 release...i love the car, but this is ridiculous....

i know, i know....don't hit anything and you won't break....well, i did, and now i want to fix my car, but i can't...
i cant speak for them but it is kinda tight getting carbon fiber right now.prices are at an all time high and it is in somewhat short supply for everything other than military use.the government gets first dibs on all of the raw materials before it is available to manufacturers for multi purpose use.i order this stuff in volume and 1-2 months in advance and still always wind up short sometimes.again,im not speaking for anyone,just stating that this may be effecting the availability of spare carbon fiber parts.i will be running chassis kits for the T2 this week.i will see if i can run off some extra sets of towers to help you guys out.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Is it F or K for airtronics on the Servo piece, they fell off before I got a chance to look at the numbers.

Thanks
scott
Old 02-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

can't wait to get my BMI chassis
Old 02-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scottw
Is it F or K for airtronics on the Servo piece, they fell off before I got a chance to look at the numbers.

Thanks
scott
i know that the Airtronics horns fit the Ko Propo servos...so i would assume the K one would work
Old 02-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo

Its not RCAmerica's fault. They dont decided when to release something. All of that is up to Xray in Slovakia. RCAmerica is just the importer not the manufacture.

EA
Old 02-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

i repaired mine with thin and thick ca, plus a few tools.. I let it cure for a 3 to 4 days.. And for added safty I used a lundsford fat boy motor washer to the screw side of the roll centre thingy... So far it lasted 2 full days of racing (cross fingers for a few more) ... I ordered a new shock tower from rc america, but i'm pritty sure Jason from bmi will be quicker!!!!! And guys dont for get that Larry of team tamale is making braces to prevent this from happening ( plug plug)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.