NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

jason will have this t2 thread jumping soon
Old 02-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

I have been running 12th scale the last few months and it’s getting close to outdoor time and I have to decide what touring car to get. I live in OH and we run foam tires out side. Has anyone tried the T2 like this, if so what do you think?
Old 02-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
ChrisP,

I used a fk04 one way in my t2 for the first week cuz I sold my fk05 with the multidiff. I just flipped the one way and installed the correct pulley and everything fits great and worked perfect.

Kevin Smith
Kevin,

If you flip the fk04 multi diff and put it in an FK05/T2 then you will have a two wheel drive car on power and a four wheel break when you apply breaks - supposed that you use it in one way configuration. Just try it on your car stand install the battery turn it on and apply the throttle when all four wheels can rotate free. The two front wheels will not accelerate. In spool mode it doesn't matter though.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EricF
Maybe it's not the body... maybe its your paint scheme...

Just making jokes. I've don't know you nor have I seen your car. Just saw an opportunity for a joke.

E
Take this: lol: my latest car:

On a funny note, Harsh, it looks like im going to sponsor the daughter of the women that paints your cars.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

cvt,

I mis- posted and have corrected it. I still ran the fk04 one-way just flipped the gear (pulley) to the other side and it worked just fine.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

JohnMatrix... nice paint do you paint your own or did someone do that for you?

E
Old 02-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by protc3
hey guys,

the chassis is going to be available in standard black and satin black carbon fiber.it is made from high quality quasi isotropic carbon fiber...i should have them available in about 2 weeks or so.the cost is going to be $129.99 for the chassis,top decks(front and rear),and shock towers...
Are the shock towers cut exactly the same as stock or do yours have more material around the rear roll center mounts? The material around this area is somewhat lacking.

If yours is a differnt design how much for just the towers?

Thanks,
E
Old 02-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EricF
JohnMatrix... nice paint do you paint your own or did someone do that for you?
E
Oh man how I wish, no my thing in this hobby is building motors and racing.

You can check out his site http://www.shopufo.com this one cost me 85 with shipping, right now he has some for a lower price on the site. Im thinking Im going to have him make a team body for my company.

Last edited by JohnMatrix; 02-21-2006 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

FYI,

XRAY T1/T2 Spare Parts Cross-reference Table
Old 02-21-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JohnMatrix
Take this: lol: my latest car:

On a funny note, Harsh, it looks like im going to sponsor the daughter of the women that paints your cars.
...you better give her the good motors, that's all I need "Oh that's Envy's buddy, he shipped me some dogs, now I'll ship him some dogs back"
Old 02-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
hey guys,

i just finished my T2 chassis kit and wanted to see what you guys think.the chassis is 3mm top deck,chassis and shock towers and the chassis is milled down to 2.5mm under the bulkheads,standoffs and droop screws.all the screws are flatheads for the topdeck chassis and towers.i added another set of standoff mounting holes a little further outboard so you have the option of stock or wider bracing for more leverage.the car is extremely rigid.it does not flex at all.let me know what you think.thanks for looking.

Hey Jason - I was wondering if you T2 Chassis is going to beable to accomodate the larger cell. Looks AWESOME. I remember when I put your 350 chassis on my FK'04 and it made it abetter car, didn't have my '05 long enough to look onto a BMI Chassis for it, so I know that this chassis is going be a perfect addition to the T2.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just FYI: I've got today a shipment from a singapore online hobby shop (I had a backorder) and there was a pair of rear upright in it. However I doubt that these are the ones with "updated tolerance" or what since it was shipped about a week ago...
Old 02-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XrayRacer
Hey Jason - I was wondering if you T2 Chassis is going to beable to accomodate the larger cell. Looks AWESOME. I remember when I put your 350 chassis on my FK'04 and it made it abetter car, didn't have my '05 long enough to look onto a BMI Chassis for it, so I know that this chassis is going be a perfect addition to the T2.

yes it is made for the new larger cells.thanks for all of the interest guys.if anyone would like to pre order kits,feel free to give a ring to the shop.the number is on my website.the first orders will start shipping next week.i have more material coming so the next orders will follow shortly after.thanks again
Old 02-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

John, thats hot as hell. I need to start driving bit more better before I spend 85 bucks on a body though! Im getting alot better though, just other people don't let me pass while Im the one ahead in the qualifying (sp).

I got a question guys, my T2 is looking hot and everything is ready to hit the Hudy board (My buddy has one I use but he left the gauges at home by accident so I will have to wait until tomorrow).

Whats your thoughts on a Sway Bar in the front?

Also, since I have two 1.5 shims all around and the blocks are 1* that makes it 0* correct? What will I want to run? 1* Toe or 0* Toe? According to the setup sheet I got it says 1* but what to most people run for carpet/foams/stock?

So if I want to run 1* Toe I would have to add another 1.5 shim to the far rear; right? That makes me have 3 in rear, 2 front rear, 2 front.

OR

Run just one set of 1.5 shims all around and 2 in rear, making 1* Toe. Would I want to do that or will I want the car wider so do the first thing I said (2 shims all around, 3 far rear). Note: that is what the manual shows when building it. One shim on each suspension arm mount, with two shims in far rear.

Sorry if thats really confusing.

-Mike
Old 02-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i got my T2 kit put together now

one quick question: are the diffs "pre-lubed"?

as far as the "tweak" and the rear toe-in problem mine doesn;t have either of those...guess i'm good to go

now i just need one of those super extravagent BMI chassisisssiss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.