Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

Who cares how good or bad GP does. He has some good info and can obviously tell differences when he changes things. I don't always agree with what he does but he takes alot of time and helps alot of people. Just cause he ain't in the A main doesnt discount what he does. Good luck GP and keep the good feedback coming.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dmayhew25
Who cares how good or bad GP does. He has some good info and can obviously tell differences when he changes things. I don't always agree with what he does but he takes alot of time and helps alot of people. Just cause he ain't in the A main doesnt discount what he does. Good luck GP and keep the good feedback coming.
TRUE ! TRUE DAT!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah big props to GP, he is always quick to help and has alot of good info.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Well hope he can meet his goals that he sets. At large races thats what I do
Old 02-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think you guys can now stop all your whining about the T2 (not all of you, just the whiners).

I believe there are 7 T2's in Expert 19t and 5 in Mod, I'm not sure about stock except listen to this. Eric Anderson ran a T2 for the first time this week and is in the A in stock and Sportsman 19t with a box stock T2. Chris Mazzola is in both A's with a FK05.

I think the point has been made!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nmt6789
Does anyone know who has steering knuckles in stock?
I'll trade you a knucle for a rear upright!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

I dont even have parts to trade..
Old 02-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

I may be joining the T2 family, if not than Im joining the XRAY Family with a 04 or 05 FK!

I drove a 04 last week and I took 1st in TQ and 1st in A-Main. Thing blowwwsss away my TC4 crap.

-Mike
Old 02-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default new xray t2

It sounds like Xray is showing that it is in fact the BEST car on the market again.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OldNSlow2
I think you guys can now stop all your whining about the T2 (not all of you, just the whiners).

I believe there are 7 T2's in Expert 19t and 5 in Mod, I'm not sure about stock except listen to this. Eric Anderson ran a T2 for the first time this week and is in the A in stock and Sportsman 19t with a box stock T2. Chris Mazzola is in both A's with a FK05.

I think the point has been made!
Crazy thing is that Lemieux is said to be driving the 05 and not the T2. Seems like Xray has the 2 best cars on the market right now!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Race 2 and another win. This cars is pretty sick
Old 02-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Some are saying:

Well, its pretty hard not to have so many Xrays in the big show, when they put SOOOO many cars in the race.

Yeah, like XRay is sponsoring ALL those drivers at the birds? Come on.

The reason there are SOOO many of them there is because the car is the SHIZNIT!! Everyone that wants to be competitive went and bought the car that can be competitive. plain and simple.

I didn't happen to see too many tamiyas in there, but didn't look much past the, oh, x or y main. LOL
Old 02-12-2006, 03:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is my opinion on the 06 Xray should close their shop and go and design with Tamiya as this new car they have brought out has got to be the saddest thing Xray have ever designed. I have owned Xray back as far as the pillow ball model and every model since and by far the worst designed bucket of crap these fools have ever designed was the 06. How much slop do you get in a brand new car, 2-3 mm movement in the front axel assembly? The drive pins must be a direct copy of Yokomo as they fall out and break like Yokomo. And in to the discuss of the toe in problem in the rear Xray have not bothered to fix the problem since the 04, that was when I found that problem of one side more that the other you would think they would have that problem fixed by the 06 model but no they are going down the path of all the other manufactures get them out quick make everyone buy one and then make them buy the upgrades for them within the first month but low and behold you can’t buy spare parts for them how good it that for a new car.

PS XRAY please pick up your game I have been buying your product for the past 4-5 years do I need to go to another manufacturer please don’t make me.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

well, 90% of the xray drivers are running solid chassis, with a new top deck. The top deck is milled, so it LOOKS like the original, but it is just a groove in the CF.

Lemieux is running a custom 2mm chassis, made of a stiffer CF.

I think Quincy Hughes is the only one running a standard chassis.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

If it was such a bucket..

Why are they winning so many races?
Why are they the majority in A mains?

I have never had a car break just out of the blue. It has always been a result of a big crash. At least any of my XRays. My TC3 used to fall apart on the track for no reason. Broken dog bones, screws backing out of the front knuckles. Not to mention its largely unbalanced chassis, which when milled to bring the batts closer to CL, the thing was a warp dog. Then even so, I had to ADD 1.25 oz next to the motor to get it close to balanced. Then it was OK. Got an 04 and smoked all my old times, and all the guys I could hardly keep up with before with the TC3.

Try to understand that nothing is perfect. I am a machinist, and even with CNC machines, when you are doing large production runs, you can have parts that are one way and the other by a bit. Temperature has alot to do with that. Parts are more +X in the morning than in the afternoon because of the thermal expansion of the machine. I think steel is something like .0001" per inch per degree.

Anyway, I am pretty happy with the car. I don't know of any other cars out there that are really on the same level as far as performance, craftsmanship, durability, and bling. If cars won races on the way they looked, XRay would still be winning, cause they LOOK fast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.