Search

Team Wave - Lightning Discharge / equalizing system

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

the are in HongKong! even better. i am ordering one now
Old 12-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

PirCrew - you are right, our unit can lowers the current draw while holding the cell at the preset voltage.

koabich - Are they in stock?? See the attachment . Why shipping cost is high? loosi is right, we are located in Hong Kong and we use EMS shipping.

loosi - Yes, we are located in Hong Kong. Our product is made in Hong Kong!
Attached Thumbnails Team Wave - Lightning Discharge / equalizing system-lightning_stock.jpg  
Old 12-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
Dear All,

Attached are the REAL face of out new product!!
nice looking product. way to go!!

question, why did you decide to use pressure tabs instead of thumbscrews? was it for better contact or... ? just curious.

otherwise.. looks very nice.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

just ordered one...will keep you all posted.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

CCristo - The price listed in our web site is already discounted, we do direct sale at this moment to save cost thus you can buy it at a lower rate. Price may be higher later in your LHS (but you can save $15.6 shipping cost).
Old 12-04-2005, 12:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

So anyone here got there's yet.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

We are welcome any distributor/retailer to contact us to import our product to their country. Thanks.

[email protected]
Old 12-04-2005, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

We are welcome any distributor/retailer to contact us to import our product to their country. Thanks.

[email protected]

yeah looks cool but like Dan said, why only 5 amps discharge?? i have a novak smarttray that does not keep the cells at 0.9vts but to be honest with you this doesn't really matter because the moment the lights go off i press the button again like 3 times until they all go of roughly the same time, then i instantly put the packs on charge. cells instantly go up in voltage the moment you stop discharging them anyway.

if this unit discharged at 20amps i would of gotten it straight away!
Old 12-04-2005, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

if this unit discharged at 20amps i would of gotten it straight away!
I second that! The ideal discharge TRAY would be one that could discharge at a variable rate 30A to 1A with an adjustable cut off . Its hard for me to believe that there wouldn't be a demand for this type of discharger. Other than the 5A limit this unit looks great.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Davenport
I second that! The ideal discharge TRAY would be one that could discharge at a variable rate 30A to 1A with an adjustable cut off . Its hard for me to believe that there wouldn't be a demand for this type of discharger. Other than the 5A limit this unit looks great.
I think you guys are missing the point. This is an equalizing tray not a discharge tray. An equalizing tray and a discharge tray do 2 totally seperate things.

A 10-30 amp tray brings cells down way to fast to be able to equalize them. At a lower discharge rate the cells have a change to stabilize allowing for a more acurate equalize.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

This is a discharge / equalizing tray, it is used before you charge your pack or if you want to bring down to 0.9V/cell before storage. During prototype development, we have develop a 30A linear discharge tray with adjustable current and cut off voltage. It can also display the discharing current as well as IR, just like a TM 4/35. But such system will be extremely expensive if you want it to be accurate. That's why a TM 4/35 cost u $700.

The keypoint is after you race, there is not much energy left in your pack. A 30A or even 20A discharge is meaningless since you can never reach such current. Many people use integy zero 30 to tray the pack and said it is 30A. But trust me, it will never go up to 30A, not even 20A! Your pack voltage will drop below 0.9V before the current can reach such high current. 30A is only a theoretical value. Unless you put a fully charged pack in the tray, other wise it won't reach such high current. Also, when the resistor heat up, the current it can draw will drop dramatically.

Our Lightning discharge system use NONE of a resistor to discharge, enery is discharged through a pair of high power transistor and the discharge current is PWM controlled. Our design concept is totally different from Novak smart tray which use fixed resistor and no real time voltage display. Even you press three time or four time before you charge, the current is not adjusted like what we do.

Linear 30A involve huge amount of power, that's why GFX and TM4/35 is so big!

After several testing, we decided to use 5amp to balance cost and performance.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

This is a discharge / equalizing tray, it is used before you charge your pack or if you want to bring down to 0.9V/cell before storage. During prototype development, we have develop a 30A linear discharge tray with adjustable current and cut off voltage. It can also display the discharing current as well as IR, just like a TM 4/35. But such system will be extremely expensive if you want it to be accurate. That's why a TM 4/35 cost u $700.

The keypoint is after you race, there is not much energy left in your pack. A 30A or even 20A discharge is meaningless since you can never reach such current. Many people use integy zero 30 to tray the pack and said it is 30A. But trust me, it will never go up to 30A, not even 20A! Your pack voltage will drop below 0.9V before the current can reach such high current. 30A is only a theoretical value. Unless you put a fully charged pack in the tray, other wise it won't reach such high current. Also, when the resistor heat up, the current it can draw will drop dramatically.

Our Lightning discharge system use NONE of a resistor to discharge, enery is discharged through a pair of high power transistor and the discharge current is PWM controlled. Our design concept is totally different from Novak smart tray which use fixed resistor and no real time voltage display. Even you press three time or four time before you charge, the current is not adjusted like what we do.

Linear 30A involve huge amount of power, that's why GFX and TM4/35 is so big!

After several testing, we decided to use 5amp to balance cost and performance.
You assume that people run their packs until it cannot power the car anymore. After five minutes on the track I put the pack on my GFX to discharge it and I usually always have several minutes left at 35 amps. So I think that a discharge tray at 30-35 amps would be more beneficial than a 5 amp one for most people.

Your product sounds like a really good equalizer tray though! Might try one for that reason as I would never use it as a discharge tray!
Old 12-05-2005, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

i plan on using this prior to storage.

I look at it this way, ever tried sprinting then trying to stop on a dime...you generally overshoot.... i currently use a spintech after racing.... I think this will be a little faster and a little more accurate Per cell
Old 12-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you for all of your inputs and comments. We will try our best to develope a higher current discharge tray + equalizer, a 2 in 1 unit.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BritRacer
just ordered one...will keep you all posted.
Brit, if you get it in time bring it to Round 3 of the Off Road Series at Mike's I would love to check it out. I only wish it did better than 5amps discharge, that is on par with my Novak SmartTray which I was looking to replace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.