R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2005, 04:16 AM   #16
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: who cares
Posts: 271
Default

the are in HongKong! even better. i am ordering one now
Doomah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:45 AM   #17
Tech Adept
 
TEAMWAVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 218
Default

PirCrew - you are right, our unit can lowers the current draw while holding the cell at the preset voltage.

koabich - Are they in stock?? See the attachment . Why shipping cost is high? loosi is right, we are located in Hong Kong and we use EMS shipping.


loosi - Yes, we are located in Hong Kong. Our product is made in Hong Kong!
Attached Thumbnails
Team Wave - Lightning Discharge / equalizing system-lightning_stock.jpg  
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:54 AM   #18
Tech Master
 
RCMits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
Dear All,

Attached are the REAL face of out new product!!
nice looking product. way to go!!

question, why did you decide to use pressure tabs instead of thumbscrews? was it for better contact or... ? just curious.

otherwise.. looks very nice.
RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:59 AM   #19
Tech Elite
 
BritRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 2,081
Default

just ordered one...will keep you all posted.
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:22 AM   #20
Tech Adept
 
TEAMWAVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 218
Default

CCristo - The price listed in our web site is already discounted, we do direct sale at this moment to save cost thus you can buy it at a lower rate. Price may be higher later in your LHS (but you can save $15.6 shipping cost).
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:33 AM   #21
Tech Champion
 
danjoy25's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,149
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

So anyone here got there's yet.
__________________
Awesomatix A800 & A800X/ Mugen MTX-5 / 3 Racing F113 / Kyosho RB5 / Kyosho Mini-Z
danjoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:47 AM   #22
Tech Adept
 
TEAMWAVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 218
Default

We are welcome any distributor/retailer to contact us to import our product to their country. Thanks.

[email protected]
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:10 AM   #23
Tech Elite
 
VenomWorldOrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: www.RCunderground.net
Posts: 4,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
We are welcome any distributor/retailer to contact us to import our product to their country. Thanks.

[email protected]

yeah looks cool but like Dan said, why only 5 amps discharge?? i have a novak smarttray that does not keep the cells at 0.9vts but to be honest with you this doesn't really matter because the moment the lights go off i press the button again like 3 times until they all go of roughly the same time, then i instantly put the packs on charge. cells instantly go up in voltage the moment you stop discharging them anyway.

if this unit discharged at 20amps i would of gotten it straight away!
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:27 AM   #24
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Midwest
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
if this unit discharged at 20amps i would of gotten it straight away!
I second that! The ideal discharge TRAY would be one that could discharge at a variable rate 30A to 1A with an adjustable cut off . Its hard for me to believe that there wouldn't be a demand for this type of discharger. Other than the 5A limit this unit looks great.
Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 11:43 AM   #25
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davenport
I second that! The ideal discharge TRAY would be one that could discharge at a variable rate 30A to 1A with an adjustable cut off . Its hard for me to believe that there wouldn't be a demand for this type of discharger. Other than the 5A limit this unit looks great.
I think you guys are missing the point. This is an equalizing tray not a discharge tray. An equalizing tray and a discharge tray do 2 totally seperate things.

A 10-30 amp tray brings cells down way to fast to be able to equalize them. At a lower discharge rate the cells have a change to stabilize allowing for a more acurate equalize.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:36 AM   #26
Tech Adept
 
TEAMWAVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 218
Default

This is a discharge / equalizing tray, it is used before you charge your pack or if you want to bring down to 0.9V/cell before storage. During prototype development, we have develop a 30A linear discharge tray with adjustable current and cut off voltage. It can also display the discharing current as well as IR, just like a TM 4/35. But such system will be extremely expensive if you want it to be accurate. That's why a TM 4/35 cost u $700.

The keypoint is after you race, there is not much energy left in your pack. A 30A or even 20A discharge is meaningless since you can never reach such current. Many people use integy zero 30 to tray the pack and said it is 30A. But trust me, it will never go up to 30A, not even 20A! Your pack voltage will drop below 0.9V before the current can reach such high current. 30A is only a theoretical value. Unless you put a fully charged pack in the tray, other wise it won't reach such high current. Also, when the resistor heat up, the current it can draw will drop dramatically.

Our Lightning discharge system use NONE of a resistor to discharge, enery is discharged through a pair of high power transistor and the discharge current is PWM controlled. Our design concept is totally different from Novak smart tray which use fixed resistor and no real time voltage display. Even you press three time or four time before you charge, the current is not adjusted like what we do.

Linear 30A involve huge amount of power, that's why GFX and TM4/35 is so big!

After several testing, we decided to use 5amp to balance cost and performance.
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:21 AM   #27
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
This is a discharge / equalizing tray, it is used before you charge your pack or if you want to bring down to 0.9V/cell before storage. During prototype development, we have develop a 30A linear discharge tray with adjustable current and cut off voltage. It can also display the discharing current as well as IR, just like a TM 4/35. But such system will be extremely expensive if you want it to be accurate. That's why a TM 4/35 cost u $700.

The keypoint is after you race, there is not much energy left in your pack. A 30A or even 20A discharge is meaningless since you can never reach such current. Many people use integy zero 30 to tray the pack and said it is 30A. But trust me, it will never go up to 30A, not even 20A! Your pack voltage will drop below 0.9V before the current can reach such high current. 30A is only a theoretical value. Unless you put a fully charged pack in the tray, other wise it won't reach such high current. Also, when the resistor heat up, the current it can draw will drop dramatically.

Our Lightning discharge system use NONE of a resistor to discharge, enery is discharged through a pair of high power transistor and the discharge current is PWM controlled. Our design concept is totally different from Novak smart tray which use fixed resistor and no real time voltage display. Even you press three time or four time before you charge, the current is not adjusted like what we do.

Linear 30A involve huge amount of power, that's why GFX and TM4/35 is so big!

After several testing, we decided to use 5amp to balance cost and performance.
You assume that people run their packs until it cannot power the car anymore. After five minutes on the track I put the pack on my GFX to discharge it and I usually always have several minutes left at 35 amps. So I think that a discharge tray at 30-35 amps would be more beneficial than a 5 amp one for most people.

Your product sounds like a really good equalizer tray though! Might try one for that reason as I would never use it as a discharge tray!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:27 AM   #28
Tech Elite
 
BritRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 2,081
Default

i plan on using this prior to storage.

I look at it this way, ever tried sprinting then trying to stop on a dime...you generally overshoot.... i currently use a spintech after racing.... I think this will be a little faster and a little more accurate Per cell
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:02 PM   #29
Tech Adept
 
TEAMWAVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 218
Default

Thank you for all of your inputs and comments. We will try our best to develope a higher current discharge tray + equalizer, a 2 in 1 unit.
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:47 PM   #30
Tech Elite
 
jamescam's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
just ordered one...will keep you all posted.
Brit, if you get it in time bring it to Round 3 of the Off Road Series at Mike's I would love to check it out. I only wish it did better than 5amps discharge, that is on par with my Novak SmartTray which I was looking to replace.
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
for sale......two team wave lightning v2 discharge trays Dave Bowser R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 10-25-2007 08:25 PM
Team Wave Lightning Discharge Tray TwinKays R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 09-03-2007 03:44 PM
Trinity DPD VS. Teamwave Lightning discharge Equalizing System Jochim_18 Electric On-Road 58 07-25-2007 07:54 AM
Lightning battery discharge and equalizing system frank p R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-11-2006 06:28 PM
Team Wave Lightning Discharge tray FS awtwac R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 02-16-2006 07:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:08 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net