Search
Like Tree395Likes

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 02:31 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm in the process of rebuilding a used 7.1 that I bought. Before I put it back together, I wanted to verify a couple of things.

1) The blue round bulkhead shims #4617, have been replaced with the carbon fiber arm mount shims, #31630?

Kit came without any bulkhead washers installed but did come with the carbon fiber spacers among the spares.

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2018, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Have you downloaded the manual from the AE website? The round shims go under the hinge pin mounts. The carbon spacers can be used in place of those round shims as they are easier to add/remove.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:00 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trigger
Have you downloaded the manual from the AE website? The round shims go under the hinge pin mounts. The carbon spacers can be used in place of those round shims as they are easier to add/remove.
Yes, I certainly do have the manual. However, since the carbon shims aren't mentioned anywhere in the manual I was just checking. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC3
Yes, I certainly do have the manual. However, since the carbon shims aren't mentioned anywhere in the manual I was just checking. Thanks.
They're an optional part, they're not part of the kit.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:11 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gigaplex
They're an optional part, they're not part of the kit.
Great. Since it didn't come with any bulkhead shims, I won't bother to order any and will just use the carbon shims. Hopefully, they won't get lost too easily as that is the only downside I see to them over the round shims. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2018, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JC3
Great. Since it didn't come with any bulkhead shims, I won't bother to order any and will just use the carbon shims. Hopefully, they won't get lost too easily as that is the only downside I see to them over the round shims. Thanks!
you wont want to lose them thay are like $2 a shim
JC3 likes this.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:32 AM
JC3
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
IS there a toe-in chart somewhere that shows what inserts together equals what total toe in. NO tjust the 3dot -1 2dot -.5 etc etc. I searched this thread and did not find one????
Did you ever find a satisfactory answer? I'm staring at these things right now myself. Exhaustively searching for answers.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC3
Did you ever find a satisfactory answer? I'm staring at these things right now myself. Exhaustively searching for answers.
NOt really.....The 1 up rear ars parts does allow you to adjust the toe in the rear wherever you like. I'm just using the dots to set the width of the hinge pins.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

well it looks like speedzone motors will be in my car this year at the mile high indoor championships. hope to do good this year.
Radneed4speed likes this.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:30 PM
JC3
Tech Master

NOt really.....The 1 up rear ars parts does allow you to adjust the toe in the rear wherever you like. I'm just using the dots to set the width of the hinge pins.
I think that the 1UP upgrade is phenomenal. However, I'm nowhere near being able to exploit or appreciate that upgrade. I'm just trying to come to terms with the excellent TC7 insert system. I'm literally shocked at the lack of information and commentary on it in this forum and others!

Yeah, I see that the front inserts are used exclusively for adjusting track width. Toe is adjusted at the turnbuckles. Makes sense.

The rear inserts are used for both width and toe. As I see it, the 3 degrees of toe is set, not by the inserts but by the position of the inner arm mounts on the chassis. Even with the recommended inserts you can see that the toe in is set. Adjusting the arm mount inserts you can achieve a wide variety of toe settings and track widths.

With the recommended kit setup inserts in the rear inner arm mounts, I think that you could achieve -2.5 degrees of toe by using the 2 dot/-1/2 degree inserts facing in in the rear arm mount. No need to move the inners as I see it. Still confusing though since by the same token you can even increase toe by another full degree with the 3 dot/ +1 degree inserts. 4 degrees of toe in!

Certainly I could be wrong so maybe I'll end up pulling my newb card on this one!

Last edited by JC3; 04-03-2018 at 04:31 PM. Reason: edit
Old 04-03-2018, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You can also use the dots to set arm sweep.
phatboislim likes this.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:43 AM
Tech Rookie

I am bit puzzled with my spare set of shocks for my tc7.1 as I can not get them to zero rebound. I am using the psd system. I have tried building them using different methods, but I continue to end up with positive and negative rebound.

I just installed brand new x-rings and Yokomo bladders, the cap is drilled as recommended. The only thing I have not done is change the o-ring on the bottom cap.

I did not have this problem with my other set of shocks.........Any insight would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-04-2018, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SGrubb
well it looks like speedzone motors will be in my car this year at the mile high indoor championships. hope to do good this year.
Love speedZone!!!
Old 04-04-2018, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl
You can also use the dots to set arm sweep.
True, not a fan of arm sweep.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eball
I am bit puzzled with my spare set of shocks for my tc7.1 as I can not get them to zero rebound. I am using the psd system. I have tried building them using different methods, but I continue to end up with positive and negative rebound.

I just installed brand new x-rings and Yokomo bladders, the cap is drilled as recommended. The only thing I have not done is change the o-ring on the bottom cap.

I did not have this problem with my other set of shocks.........Any insight would be greatly appreciated
All I can say is double check your cap holes. Maybe the bladders are new and still a little stiff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.