Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car >

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Like Tree377Likes

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Reply

Old 04-01-2018, 02:31 PM
  #2611  
JC3
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
JC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 932
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I'm in the process of rebuilding a used 7.1 that I bought. Before I put it back together, I wanted to verify a couple of things.

1) The blue round bulkhead shims #4617, have been replaced with the carbon fiber arm mount shims, #31630?

Kit came without any bulkhead washers installed but did come with the carbon fiber spacers among the spares.

Thanks!
JC3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:35 PM
  #2612  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,323
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Have you downloaded the manual from the AE website? The round shims go under the hinge pin mounts. The carbon spacers can be used in place of those round shims as they are easier to add/remove.
trigger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:00 PM
  #2613  
JC3
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
JC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 932
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by trigger View Post
Have you downloaded the manual from the AE website? The round shims go under the hinge pin mounts. The carbon spacers can be used in place of those round shims as they are easier to add/remove.
Yes, I certainly do have the manual. However, since the carbon shims aren't mentioned anywhere in the manual I was just checking. Thanks.
JC3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:01 PM
  #2614  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 2,707
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
Yes, I certainly do have the manual. However, since the carbon shims aren't mentioned anywhere in the manual I was just checking. Thanks.
They're an optional part, they're not part of the kit.
gigaplex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:11 PM
  #2615  
JC3
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
JC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 932
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
They're an optional part, they're not part of the kit.
Great. Since it didn't come with any bulkhead shims, I won't bother to order any and will just use the carbon shims. Hopefully, they won't get lost too easily as that is the only downside I see to them over the round shims. Thanks!
JC3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:12 AM
  #2616  
Tech Master
 
Lone Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SW Chicago Burbs
Posts: 1,263
Default

Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
Great. Since it didn't come with any bulkhead shims, I won't bother to order any and will just use the carbon shims. Hopefully, they won't get lost too easily as that is the only downside I see to them over the round shims. Thanks!
you wont want to lose them thay are like $2 a shim
JC3 likes this.
Lone Drifter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:32 AM
  #2617  
JC3
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
JC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 932
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
IS there a toe-in chart somewhere that shows what inserts together equals what total toe in. NO tjust the 3dot -1 2dot -.5 etc etc. I searched this thread and did not find one????
Did you ever find a satisfactory answer? I'm staring at these things right now myself. Exhaustively searching for answers.
JC3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:42 AM
  #2618  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,480
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
Did you ever find a satisfactory answer? I'm staring at these things right now myself. Exhaustively searching for answers.
NOt really.....The 1 up rear ars parts does allow you to adjust the toe in the rear wherever you like. I'm just using the dots to set the width of the hinge pins.
YBSLOW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:56 PM
  #2619  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 154
Default

well it looks like speedzone motors will be in my car this year at the mile high indoor championships. hope to do good this year.
Radneed4speed likes this.
SGrubb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:30 PM
  #2620  
JC3
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
JC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 932
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
NOt really.....The 1 up rear ars parts does allow you to adjust the toe in the rear wherever you like. I'm just using the dots to set the width of the hinge pins.
I think that the 1UP upgrade is phenomenal. However, I'm nowhere near being able to exploit or appreciate that upgrade. I'm just trying to come to terms with the excellent TC7 insert system. I'm literally shocked at the lack of information and commentary on it in this forum and others!

Yeah, I see that the front inserts are used exclusively for adjusting track width. Toe is adjusted at the turnbuckles. Makes sense.

The rear inserts are used for both width and toe. As I see it, the 3 degrees of toe is set, not by the inserts but by the position of the inner arm mounts on the chassis. Even with the recommended inserts you can see that the toe in is set. Adjusting the arm mount inserts you can achieve a wide variety of toe settings and track widths.

With the recommended kit setup inserts in the rear inner arm mounts, I think that you could achieve -2.5 degrees of toe by using the 2 dot/-1/2 degree inserts facing in in the rear arm mount. No need to move the inners as I see it. Still confusing though since by the same token you can even increase toe by another full degree with the 3 dot/ +1 degree inserts. 4 degrees of toe in!

Certainly I could be wrong so maybe I'll end up pulling my newb card on this one!

Last edited by JC3; 04-03-2018 at 04:31 PM. Reason: edit
JC3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:07 PM
  #2621  
Tech Master
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,171
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
NOt really.....The 1 up rear ars parts does allow you to adjust the toe in the rear wherever you like. I'm just using the dots to set the width of the hinge pins.
You can also use the dots to set arm sweep.
phatboislim likes this.
glennhl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:43 AM
  #2622  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 3
Default

I am bit puzzled with my spare set of shocks for my tc7.1 as I can not get them to zero rebound. I am using the psd system. I have tried building them using different methods, but I continue to end up with positive and negative rebound.

I just installed brand new x-rings and Yokomo bladders, the cap is drilled as recommended. The only thing I have not done is change the o-ring on the bottom cap.

I did not have this problem with my other set of shocks.........Any insight would be greatly appreciated
eball is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:07 AM
  #2623  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 308
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SGrubb View Post
well it looks like speedzone motors will be in my car this year at the mile high indoor championships. hope to do good this year.
Love speedZone!!!
Radneed4speed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:08 AM
  #2624  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,480
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
You can also use the dots to set arm sweep.
True, not a fan of arm sweep.
YBSLOW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:26 AM
  #2625  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,129
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by eball View Post
I am bit puzzled with my spare set of shocks for my tc7.1 as I can not get them to zero rebound. I am using the psd system. I have tried building them using different methods, but I continue to end up with positive and negative rebound.

I just installed brand new x-rings and Yokomo bladders, the cap is drilled as recommended. The only thing I have not done is change the o-ring on the bottom cap.

I did not have this problem with my other set of shocks.........Any insight would be greatly appreciated
All I can say is double check your cap holes. Maybe the bladders are new and still a little stiff.
Jamie Hanson is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service