Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Please show me where the motor tuners are crying about brushless???

You won't.....nobody is saying don't run it, nobody is saying it doesn't work...

What happened as usual, a discussion was started, that had NOTHING to do with brushless vs brushed, and of course, the brushless guys stick their nose in and say brushless will cure everything.....which it won't.

Again, just blinded by technology....with the self-savior attitude of RC....must be the fumes given off by the brushless speedos when they thermal....

Later EddieO
Old 11-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nick-C
I just don't get this one.

Let me take a crack at it. Your system would force random a-main driver x to run mod because you think he should. He was perfectly happy in stock and enjoyed competing in a class that he is good at. Your system somehow states that we should strip him of that enjoyment and force him to do something he obviously doesn't want to do.

Good plan, I see attendance going up already.
Well, if you read my initial post, you'd understand that I'm talking about Pro-level drivers who are paid or highly sponsored. Yet yes, what they do filters down to the club level.

Whether or not they have to bump up to a "Pro Stock" 19T or full Modified doesn't matter.

The point is that the "little guy" at the big races never really has a class to call his own, as there is a ton of Pro-sandbaggers distorting and deforming what the "STOCK" class was supposed to be.

The second point is that because of many US drivers lack of willingness to get out of stock, we lack fresh new talent to really compete with the rest of the international IFMAR crowd in modified, which is really the top rung of racing.

Did that spell it out enough for ya???
Old 11-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Soviet, quick question.....how long have you been racing RC cars?

Later EddieO
Old 11-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Please show me where the motor tuners are crying about brushless???

You won't.....nobody is saying don't run it, nobody is saying it doesn't work...

What happened as usual, a discussion was started, that had NOTHING to do with brushless vs brushed, and of course, the brushless guys stick their nose in and say brushless will cure everything.....which it won't.

Again, just blinded by technology....with the self-savior attitude of RC....must be the fumes given off by the brushless speedos when they thermal....

Later EddieO
If I'm not mistaken you started the brush-vs-brushless topic in this forum
Old 11-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Soviet, quick question.....how long have you been racing RC cars?

Later EddieO
I think he said 15 years, on and off.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Tech Legend

Help ! Me !

I`m binded by technology .....

How much longer will the turtle`s stand & watch their buddy`s racing in mod running brushless motor`s ?

look threw my eyes....
Mod racing will soon become a whole lot more popular because of the new brushless technolgy .....
Old 11-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PitCrew
I have seen this type of discussion before....

Stock is NOT the beginner class. There is a class called NOVICE for beginners!!!

Look at Nascar. THose cars are "stock", but we all know they are not stock in any way. But they must conform to certain rules and guidlines that somewhat even out the field. Yet there are certain guys that are faster than others.

And this comes down to the "Its only fun if I have a chance at winning"? You do have a chance at winning! Practice. Who do you expect to beat if you can't put down consistent laps?

And, if you wan't to seperate the "Fast" guys from your class you like to run, what happens when you start winning? Pretty soon you are the "Fast" guy in stock and somebody else will want you out. SO there you go running mod, getting smoked even worse by the guys you didn't want to run against in Stock.

I personally run 19t or mod whenever I can. Sometimes I have to run stock because thats all there are people to make a class. However, it should be my choice to run whatever I want to run, besides NOVICE which is for the inexperienced driver.

If I practiced, put in my time learning, paid the money to have competitive gear, then there is nothing that should preclude my entry into stock to kick butt if I want to. If a guy gets upset over losing to someone who drives better, then maybe this isn't the sport for you, or any sport for that matter. Go play video games where you can feel better about yourself after getting beat by a computer. Cause you know, computers can be pretty smart.

without reading 7 pages of the same 5 guys repeating themselves with the occassional new thought thrown in, i'm going to have to agree with pitcrew. one of our local tracks did just this, "your to good to run stock" so we are forcing you to run 19t or mod. guess what stock class sucked. no one got faster. sure different people were winning but without a "fast" guy to chase the class got slower.

the one thing that i never understood is this national ism some people have. you know, there must be an american at this level of competion in order for our country not to be considered a joke. who fricking cares if an american never wins a world toy car racing event. if this is what keeps you awake at night banging on your keyboard, i wish my life was so simple.

maybe i should start a thread: "what americans suck at."

i know if i started one that was : "what are americans best at." it would probably be very short. "bitching, whining, and crying, and thats just the men.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Soviet
The second point is that because of many US drivers lack of willingness to get out of stock, we lack fresh new talent to really compete with the rest of the international IFMAR crowd in modified, which is really the top rung of racing.

Did that spell it out enough for ya???
All you have been able to spell out for me is that your theory doesn't hold water. Let me offer up some actual fact and I will offer up my own theories for you.

Here is the data, you can't argue this:

2005 Mod 4wd Off-Road

4 out of 10 drivers where from the US, more than any other country.
A US driver takes the win.

2005 Mod 2wd Off-Road

7 out of 10 drivers where from the US, more than any other country.
A US driver takes the win.

2004 Mod Sedan

2 out of 10 drivers where from the US

2004 Mod 12th Scale

2 out of 10 drivers where from the US

And here is the theory portion of this post. US drivers without a doubt know how to run off-road when it comes to IFMAR. The issue everyone seems to miss when looking at the on-road results is that it's a massive change in surface for most US racers. It's a fact that most of the top level mod sedan and 12th scale racers in our country race carpet far more than asphalt. While you might say that's our own fault try and remember that half of this country spends half of the year under a blanket of snow, carpet is just more logical for a good portion of the US.

You live in a country that holds some of the best drivers in the world. Show a little respect.

Yours truly,
Nick
Old 11-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Help ! Me !

I`m binded by technology .....

How much longer will the turtle`s stand & watch their buddy`s racing in mod running brushless motor`s ?

look threw my eyes....
Mod racing will soon become a whole lot more popular because of the new brushless technolgy .....
You sir are a total assclown.

Please do us all a favor and put that computer back in it's box and bring it back to Best Buy. Take a moment to explain to the salesman that while it worked perfectly you are just too damn stupid to have one.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
If I'm not mistaken you started the brush-vs-brushless topic in this forum
Actually, no he didn't. Wild Cherry chimed in around mid-page 3.

Eddie made one post prior to that with no mention of brushless motors.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

WoW..... talk about a whole lot of crying and whining!
Old 11-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Good Points Rob. The only issue I see is that regardless of what you call the class, it's still gonna end up with the "novice" stigmata. The only thing that seems to actually attract racers is close competition between "good" drivers, but alot of those "RTR mentality" folks, get upset relly quickly when they don't win the A by their third time out. I've seen it called Novice, Beginner, Amateur, Sportsman, and in Oval they even called it Busch class in our area, and everytime the class died because noone would enter it. The core of the problem I see is that everyone wants to run with the Big Dogs, but few of them wanna devote the necessary time and energy to do it, so the obvious answer to many is to move the Big Dogs outta the class. I just don't see how it solves the problem in a long-term fashion.

I guess what I'm saying is you need to skim the cream off the top. At the same time, I have seen tracks in my area implement a "super stock" and "expert stock" deal. This is *not* what I am talking about doing, but It illustrates a point- If you let the hot dogs do their own thing, the newer guys have a chance to actually learn something, and feel they have something attainable to shoot for. Several guys who now race with us at big events and have gotten pretty fast came out of that class. The thing is that they didn't have to be A) brutally beat down week after week, while getting punted off the track and B) left without a hope of ever doing better (in THEIR minds). Perception is everything. How many guys have you talked to about the mistake they made in the main or the last qualifier, if they had changed one thing, they would have beat everybody down? They will come back next week because they feel they can improve, and that they have a *chance* to win.

People who don't want to work at it will never be racers. People who WOULD have liked to get involved, and have the right personality, or whatever, don't need to be totally dominated the first couple of months. They have years to discover how limited their skills are after they can make a halfway clean run (your author is a case in point)
Old 11-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Warner
WoW..... talk about a whole lot of crying and whining!
You came to an rc car racing board... what, were you expecting to discuss string theory?
Old 11-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
You came to an rc car racing board... what, were you expecting to discuss string theory?
well ??????? yes!!!!!! we did have a in depth thread going on about the letter H!!!
Old 11-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Legend

O g Nick you cut so deep !

You are just a racer that thinks American driver`s are soooo special !

Get-over yourself.....

Seems to me a european won worlds off-road ...
And what do you know (BDW Not squat !)

At the On-road worlds where r your best USA drivers results ?

Should I also mention who won Roar On-road nats ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.