Wiki Posts
Search

New Ride Formula 1 tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
That sounds like dirt buildup... Make sure you use a cleaner that does not dry the tires, and wipe off the excess traction compound very well... Also, the carpet track will need to be vaccumed well every day to prevent buildup...

So you have run these too?
Old 11-18-2015, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
Yes, very consistent, but he is talking ETS spec version before the new XR. The XR have only been run locally once and they are crazy good on low grip. I would never use them on carpet

and fx2 or lrp asphalt, clean with buggy grip
In the lead up to the recent Australian ep on road nationals, a couple of drivers were testing the new XR rears on a hot medium to high grip asphalt track.

One of the comments made of them was "one run wonders" meaning that they were good brand new, but quickly lost grip after around 6 minute races.

Normally on the very hot tracks here in the summer, people would use the Ride R1 on the rear as they are(were) the only tire to give grip on a hot track, because Pit's overheated very quickly (even their new "36 degree" tire) and lost all grip.
The R1's however can be a pain in the rear as they often have the habit of coming off the rim, requiring gluing to make sure (hoping) they didn't come off during the next race .

I personally haven't had a chance to test the new XR tires yet, and am only going off what other drivers here mentioned to me.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

No dirt build up

The R1 reara gripp much better and hold the gripp until they fall apart
Old 11-19-2015, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

No dirt build up , then tires overheating or sidewalls collapsing with heat(use stronger foam inserts), or maybe the problem is not in the rear at all, but rather the front tires becoming too sticky at the end of the run( no sauce in front tires), etc.... Lots of possibilities here.... Good luck....
Old 11-19-2015, 11:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Its not about setup or tire sauce......car is the same...i just switchted from the R1 rears to the new ones.
fronts in always the new Rides.

Less overall grip in the rear and after 4 batterypacks they are done.
I tried 3 sets.....always the same.

The new ones are smaller and have a harder insert.

and the compount seems to be different
Old 11-19-2015, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Understood, in that case don't use them anymore in the rear...
Old 11-20-2015, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

Well, if they do only last a few runs, it could make the ETS meetings where we're running for three days on one set interesting lol
Old 11-20-2015, 06:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just wanted to hear if anybody else has made the same experience....
Old 11-20-2015, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Have 3 practices (20 packs) and 2 races on the Ride XR tires now!!! No loss of grip at all in the rear, they are planted... Cleaning with Würt brakeclean and saucing with AME sauce... But the front tires are like eggs!! Have never seen a tire that has so much wobble in them, and the grip is a little to low in the front for my liking... So I'm gonna try out the Pit 572/571 combo that come preglued from Schumacher with tuning haus rims instead...
Old 11-20-2015, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gillblade
Have 3 practices (20 packs) and 2 races on the Ride XR tires now!!! No loss of grip at all in the rear, they are planted... Cleaning with Würt brakeclean and saucing with AME sauce... But the front tires are like eggs!! Have never seen a tire that has so much wobble in them, and the grip is a little to low in the front for my liking... So I'm gonna try out the Pit 572/571 combo that come preglued from Schumacher with tuning haus rims instead...
The Ride XR's I have are pretty well balanced, certainly compared to the old Ride's, put them on a tyre sander and it would virtually leap off the table.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Prep of new XR Tires ?

Hi,
How do You guys prep brandnew XR Tires ? light sanding ?
Will be running them on ETS carpet.

Thanx for Your replies in advance :-)

Lars
Old 12-14-2015, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

First ETS meeting, running one set for three days, tyres worked well.
I took the seem off the centre and used a Scotchbrite pad etc on the them.

They still look in good condition, I'll double check them later now I'm home to see how the sidewalls look, but wasn't aware of anyone having any issues all weekend.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello

I "tested" this Tire and i have the same issue on Asphalt. After 4 Accupacks the rear lost the Grip. I try to use LRP, Tire Tweak, Migthy Grip usw. But everytime the same, after 4 Accupacks the rear lost grip. Have anyone an idea ?
Old 05-20-2016, 05:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

the Ride XR?

Mine are still the same after 15+ asphalt runs. I use LRP sauce. They don have low grip on some types of Asphalt. At my main track they work great, others tracks not so good
Old 07-13-2016, 04:12 AM
Tech Adept

At our local track the R1 rides are much better than the XR's in terms of grip. In fact its hard to compete using the XR's. The XR's have a smaller sidewall and don't tear as easily but the grip is not as good.

Why is this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.