Wiki Posts
Search

Change carpet onroad in the U.S.?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nwagner
That looks like a current-day USGT race. Slower on the straight and less cornering grip.
USGT is still a little quicker than that.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

That looks like a current-day USGT race. Slower on the straight and less cornering grip.
It looks slower than Trans AM....

https://youtu.be/t-4YF536K3s
Old 10-31-2015, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I would dare say that race was vta speeds ....
Old 10-31-2015, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Wow!! If that was stock speed I can see why people are complaining stock is to fast today vs then. The speed of today's TC would start lapping those within 3-4 laps. With equal drivers behind the wheel of all.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Its funny that stock video was the first IIC. And i made the A there. R/C has evolved and everything is faster now. 13.5 cars are as fast as mod was 10 years ago. Everything has changed in terms of charging, electronics and motors. Just a different era in r/c racing. But i think there are too many divisions in stock. Maybe 21.5, 13.5 and open. But i don't run a track.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ive been away for a while thanks to family and work, but Ive been reading this debate for the last week or so and I have some thoughts

I agree that there are too many classes in onroad. The way I see it, we can boil things down to about 7-9:

TC
Open Mod

12th

12th scale has hung around pretty much the longest of any chassis class in the history of electric onroad. I think it has a place in onroad going forward as well.

Open Mod

WGT/WGTR
USGT
VTA

I think anything beyond that is overkill and waters down the field. As for dealing with sandbaggers, I rather espouse using a system similar to the Hooters/Nike/Web.com tour. If a racer wins 3 A-Mains in a season, they are automatically moved up to the next most powerful class. The other three are good single motor options that allow racers to compete and gain experience before moving into the regular classes if they so wish.

I have other thoughts/ideas but I'll save those for a future post
Old 10-31-2015, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
Ive been away for a while thanks to family and work, but Ive been reading this debate for the last week or so and I have some thoughts

I agree that there are too many classes in onroad. The way I see it, we can boil things down to about 7-9:

TC
Open Mod

12th

12th scale has hung around pretty much the longest of any chassis class in the history of electric onroad. I think it has a place in onroad going forward as well.

Open Mod

WGT/WGTR
USGT
VTA

I think anything beyond that is overkill and waters down the field. As for dealing with sandbaggers, I rather espouse using a system similar to the Hooters/Nike/Web.com tour. If a racer wins 3 A-Mains in a season, they are automatically moved up to the next most powerful class. The other three are good single motor options that allow racers to compete and gain experience before moving into the regular classes if they so wish.

I have other thoughts/ideas but I'll save those for a future post
Having a "Break-out" rule sounds good, in theory, but with the smaller and smaller turnout of weekly racers, it is pointless.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

No. Why are some trying to changing rules and tires and ETc. Look keep WGT the same it doesn't need to slow down. Wgt-r is a waste. $80.00 bucks for tires please! 25.5 TC WTH I don't want to watch paint dry and neither do new racers. 21.5 is the motor cut for tc and 1/12. Wgt stays 13.5! Look rc car racing is like real racing. You can't start off in a F1 car but you drive like a back yard go kart driver. Look new people need to start in slower classes and work up. STOP TRYING TO GIVE EVERYONE A TROPHY ��
Old 10-31-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer034life
STOP TRYING TO GIVE EVERYONE A TROPHY ��
Because that was the point of all these pages of discussion....
Old 10-31-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

how do you expect a racer to move up if they win a A-main event?...is the track going to demand it?....is the track going to supply the equipment to run the next class?....is the track going to ban them from running and supporting the track just to run with the "big boys"......what if they don't have the money to do so?.....what if the don't simply don't like the next class up the ladder?....

just asking?....I think racers should race what they like and enjoy....

All I see is this thread is making onroad more complicated and scaring more people away. Its a cry baby thing.....instead of just doing the simple...which is offer "your" classes at your track....whatever they may be.....that simple....do what is best for your track/area.

why all this?...cause it just proves that onroad is never satisfied...the need for speed and not growth.

we have 2-3 classes at my local track, and the doors are open (10 years and counting)...nothing wrong with it....17.5 TC and VTA...sometimes GT and 12th scale

PS...that includes your "national" events as well....I don't offer Mod TC at the Southern Nationals or Thunder Jam...Why?...cause nobody locally runs it...

oops...I am this year...lol
Old 10-31-2015, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
There is not too many classes in On-Road.....there is not enough people to fill out all the classes that people want to race. That is a problem!

All you have to do is look at Off-Road the Cactus Classic had 12 freakin classes....guess what it had over 400 entries in a few days of opening its registration, so that makes any statement about too many classes MOOT!

On-Road cars are too fast for most people racing on indoor carpet tracks so slowing them down is a good idea. I really do not think getting rid of classes is a good idea it will only push some of what few people are still racing away. What would be a better idea is a class structure based on track size.

The harsh reality is that there is no magic bean or type of car or class that is going to get new people in. People are not flocking to on-road like in the past. Try to keep what we have and work from the center out.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robk
Because that was the point of all these pages of discussion....
Some people will never understand that the discussion isnt revolving around crying or trying to make it so everyone can win, either through ignorance or belligerence.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Some people will never understand that the discussion isnt revolving around crying or trying to make it so everyone can win, either through ignorance or belligerence.
The gift of being able to think critically and reason wasn't given to everyone. Proof: look at the politicians we elect...

Back to topic: it seems that we have influential racers in the Chicago area and Ohio that are on board with changes. All we can do is try it and hope it catches on.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

We are currently running a heat of TC with 21.5 today. Let's see how it goes.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think sedan should just be one class, open mod. Run a 17.5 blinky in it if you want. Most people would consistently put in faster laps with a 17.5 than a 4.5 at any small carpet track. If they want to move up, learn to use more power. Play with a bit of boost. If you feel that's too fast for you and you want to go slower? Slower classes already exist. USVTA and USGT.

Why do we need more than three classes using TC chassis?

That example of Cactus classic? Pro, expert, over 40, come on. It's absolutely ridiculous to separate the same class like that. That is what ABCD... mains are for. It should have been only four or five classes, not twelve.

I believe less classes with more mains makes for much better racing all around.

Last edited by locked; 10-31-2015 at 12:51 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.