Search
Like Tree1Likes

3Racing Sakura D4 RWD/AWD. Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 05:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ozace
my pair arrived, cant wait to take a look
Nice! Definitely post some pictures once you have it up and running. People's been receiving them and the reactions are awesome. It's looking good!
Old 08-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm building my AWD and I'm having alignment issues. The belt does not lineup with the front roller/tensioning bearing and it rubs the front belt tension mount. Anybody else having this issue? Any ideas how to fix it? I loosened and tightened the screws holding the components to the chassis twice with no luck.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 08-11-2015 at 05:07 AM.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

I am in contact with them.

I added two washers to the left side of the bearing to close the gap on the right. The belt still fell through. I think a pulley with lips on either side is the only fix. Do you guys know of a pulley that's around 10mm in diameter?

Also, did you front CVDs come with set screws for the cross pin? Mine did not.
Here's a video of my first CS drift.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
I am in contact with them.

I added two washers to the left side of the bearing to close the gap on the right. The belt still fell through. I think a pulley with lips on either side is the only fix. Do you guys know of a pulley that's around 10mm in diameter?

Also, did you front CVDs come with set screws for the cross pin? Mine did not.
Here's a video of my first CS drift.
Nice to hear you got it fixed. I'll look around to see if there's a pulley that's close to 10mm in diameter. Hopefully we have something laying around!

We're in the process of building hte AWD so we'll see if they're missing the screws for the CVD. Your video looks like it's nice though!

Did you notice any issues with your shock towers while mounting the shocks?
Old 08-14-2015, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AsiaTeesHobbies
Nice to hear you got it fixed. I'll look around to see if there's a pulley that's close to 10mm in diameter. Hopefully we have something laying around!

We're in the process of building hte AWD so we'll see if they're missing the screws for the CVD. Your video looks like it's nice though!

Did you notice any issues with your shock towers while mounting the shocks?
I didn't get it fixed. The belt still falls through despite me adding spacers. It's pretty frustrating at this point. If you can suggest a pulley that would be great! At this point 3Racing hasn't been any help either. If you could get me a contact or relay this info to them I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for looking into the CVD screw issue as well.

I didn't notice any issues with the shock towers. What issues do you speak of?
Old 08-14-2015, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

For drift or onroad bashing cars I really can't have exposed belts or pinion/spur gears.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by funked1
For drift or onroad bashing cars I really can't have exposed belts or pinion/spur gears.
Why? My driveway is pretty clean and so are the parking lots near me.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Maybe you can use a second bearing? Two flanged bearings spaced by a thin washer is the most common type of belt tensioner. Good luck !
Old 08-19-2015, 07:01 AM
Tech Rookie

I got my rwd D4 kit aug 8th from rcmart but i often order from asia tees as well.

I posted my build on another forum that im more active on, but mine was missing parts and from what i understand they still may not have been shipped out to me bc 3racing is supposed to be taking care of it altho 3racing have several times already told me the opposite... frustrating.

The rest of the chassis is pretty nice, i have an xi sport previous. The rear arms to the suspension mount seem a bit loose on both sides though. i need to shim them. the front is tight. my xi was tight all around.

id like to be able to talk about how it drives but yeah...

*The upgrades im most interested in would be the front and rear alum bulkheads, the alum engine mounts, probably graphite towers or alum not sure yet, and alum steering bits or a slider steering setup.

Also, jato, have you tried loosening the belt up a bit? maybe its too tight ?

Last edited by LemonC; 08-19-2015 at 07:13 AM.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by heretic
Maybe you can use a second bearing? Two flanged bearings spaced by a thin washer is the most common type of belt tensioner. Good luck !
I added more spacers and a flange bearing and the belt still dropped off the tensioner bearing.

Originally Posted by LemonC
Also, jato, have you tried loosening the belt up a bit? maybe its too tight ?
I will try that.

Missing parts sucks! My D4 plastic is spotty. Some screw holes tighten solidly and snug. Others are mushy and never get tight. One of my front hubs seems to have stripped itself where the bottom ball comes out.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:52 AM
Tech Rookie

I added more spacers and a flange bearing and the belt still dropped off the tensioner bearing.

I will try that.

Missing parts sucks! My D4 plastic is spotty. Some screw holes tighten solidly and snug. Others are mushy and never get tight. One of my front hubs seems to have stripped itself where the bottom ball comes out.

use some thread lock perhaps. i dont think its exclusive to 3racing, my axial scx10 has a few loosey goosey threads, and so does my ae rc10 project i have as well as my rc18r and rc18t. plastic strips out eventually and sometimes a bit too soon. hence why i want the alum bulkheads etc for my d4. the alum will keep often removed screws from doing this a bit.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey... I jus finished building the d4 chassis... And have noticed that a couple of people have been having problems with the belt slipping off... I haven't actually used mine, I'm just waiting on some more parts... But had a look at mine, and reckon it would do the same... So I thought I'd have a crack at fixing it now,(seeing though I can't use it... :-(... )... What I used was a thin washer on the outer side of the bearing, and cut and shaped some aluminum can... The bearing still rolls freely, and no sharp edges where the belt is likely to rub... It looks like it will be alright... At least until 3racing comes up with something...
Attached Thumbnails 3Racing Sakura D4 RWD/AWD. Thoughts?-image.jpg  
Old 08-23-2015, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Another pic...
Attached Thumbnails 3Racing Sakura D4 RWD/AWD. Thoughts?-image.jpg  
Old 08-24-2015, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LemonC
use some thread lock perhaps. i dont think its exclusive to 3racing, my axial scx10 has a few loosey goosey threads, and so does my ae rc10 project i have as well as my rc18r and rc18t. plastic strips out eventually and sometimes a bit too soon. hence why i want the alum bulkheads etc for my d4. the alum will keep often removed screws from doing this a bit.
It's going into plastic so thread lock won't help.

Originally Posted by Whitey777
Hey... I jus finished building the d4 chassis... And have noticed that a couple of people have been having problems with the belt slipping off... I haven't actually used mine, I'm just waiting on some more parts... But had a look at mine, and reckon it would do the same... So I thought I'd have a crack at fixing it now,(seeing though I can't use it... :-(... )... What I used was a thin washer on the outer side of the bearing, and cut and shaped some aluminum can... The bearing still rolls freely, and no sharp edges where the belt is likely to rub... It looks like it will be alright... At least until 3racing comes up with something...
I've thought about trying a washer on the outside, but I'll have to source something online. I doubt I could find something this size locally.

The can is a good idea.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys!

So I just finished building the D4 AWD, and our's doesn't seem to have issues with the belt tensioner. (Or at least not yet).

However we've also received complaints from some customers about it on our side too so I think it's safe to say it's a known issue that's plaguing a few select customers/users.

Could you guys post a full picture of your entire rig, front and back? Right now, we're trying to see why that occurs. I'll also be posting pictures of mine to let you guys see the differences between the cars. Hopefully we can pinpoint this issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.