Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 ROAR Electric On-Road Nationals @ Speedworld Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The ROAR Nationals should only be open to people living in the US and Canada. The Reedy race, the IIC and IFMAR races are for racing against others from around the world. I can't even race in a different Regional race through ROAR, much less some other country's championship.
Comparing ROAR to professional sports teams doesn't make much sense. The Olympics would be a better comparison. Representing your country.
I am all for competion and making everyone faster, but a ROAR champion should be just that. A member of that organization.

Congrats to all the ROAR champions and good luck to ROAR in the reorganization.

Brad
Old 06-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gee-dub
sounds like a well run event (as i would expect from the nocal crew). congrats.

regarding the roar nats and membership, i really do not care what country of origin or nationality you are if you are competing at a nats. what i do believe though is that an individual should only be able to compete at one member block's nats between ifmar worlds events in a given scale, and that you should be representative of that member block when attending said worlds from which you qualified.

the fundamental purpose of a member block's nats is to have the best in that region competing against each other for a chance to qualify/race against the best in other blocks (i.e. the worlds), ultimately determining a champion. allowing non-member blocks to compete, while universally raising the level of competition, is counter productive to the current qualification system and diminishes the opportunities of native competitors.

I would agree with that IF winning the Nationals was the only way you could get to the worlds. There are a lot of other ways to get to the worlds. If I'm not mistaken, and someone please correct me if I am, a team can send anyone they want to the worlds and privateers can apply to enter the worlds.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Sorry, got wraped up in those negitives and forgot to thank you guys. Again, thanks for the great hospitality Billy B and staff, beautiful race facility and you guys did everything right to keep things moving forward. Made us guys feel like part of your family. We’ll be back with a lot other racers to visit in the future. We live kind of far, but I will be back.

Thanks
C.H.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by daleepp
I want to give a big "High Five" to all the new ROAR On-Road National Champions. Looks like it was a great event. To those of you who used PROTOform racebodies - a big "thankyou !" as well.
Because I was unable to attend the event, I've got a few questions for anyone who's able to answer. A: I want to confirm the names of the TQ drivers of each class. Correct me if I'm wrong. 12th Stock: J Brown, 12th 19T: M. Bruce, 12th Mod: Toso, TC Masters: Espo, TC Stock: J.Brown, TC 19T & Mod: Billy Easton.
B: I saw photos posted of some 12th scale racers using the Pf Speed 12B body - presumably in Stock and 19Turn. Was it any good? Any TQ's or podium finishes with that thing?
C: What kinda bite did the track have? Good - bad - medium? Did the heat bring the bite down much?
Any insight you guys can give me will be appreciated greatly.

Thanks again - Dale - PROTOform
Hey Dale,

I ran the Speed 12 to TQ and Win 12th Stock. I ran the Mazda 6 to in TC Stock, finished 3rd overall along with the TQ. I believe Micheal Bruce ran a standard Speed 12 for 19T 12th and Shad who won ran the same I believe. I spoke with Michael Bruce and he said Shad originally was running the 12B but switched to the standard Speed 12 and it was a lot smoother and more downforce on the asphalt.

Traction was super. The heat mainly effected the TC cars as they were on rubber tires. The 12th scales didn't seem to slow much from different times of the day.

Thanks to Billy Bowerman for a great race. The facility is top notch and ran smoothly even with a couple small bumps with the computer. Congrats to all the winners.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Brown; 06-13-2006 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

He runs for Tamiya, that is not the answer. ANYBODY ? Matt, Todd, Peter R, somebody better get this.

Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
This post is off topic, since this is a pic from the Reedy Race. Let's see who can tell me what is weird about this photo I took 2 weeks ago (you will need to zoom in).
Old 06-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

He runs for Tamiya, that is not the answer. ANYBODY ? Matt, Todd, Peter R, somebody better get this.
Just tell us man, I don't know about anyone else, but the anticipation is killing me
Old 06-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Yes, congrats to all the winners....especially my man Micro...

Jeff, thanks for the help all week...but I wish I would have ordered Magenta rears...

Lots of BITE Dale...and I drove my 1/12 to a fourth in the last 19t main with my Speed 12...Im happy to do that well in my 1st race in 2 years...

Congrats to Shad and Bruce....your cars were pretty dialed....

HEY EVERYONE....Im I wrong to have a little problem with a pro mod driver practicing a spec guys car all week...getting that thing dialed in for him when he finally gets to the race???? not taking anything away from the podium finish of E.J., and of course its a big disadvantage to not get to a national untill Saturday......but at a race of this caliber, I dont think its rite for anyone to drive anyone elses car....and again...congrats to Corally...

Sean
Old 06-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

His name is spelled incorrectly.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Doug--is it that there is something fishy about where the antenna tube is exiting the roof. Seem to have a little scoop there?????
Old 06-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yeah...Toni's last name is spelled wrong
Old 06-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I think the rules are going to be re-written to disallow foreign drivers. Or at least clarify what constitutes U.S. residency. He really does not live in the U.S.

That said, most of the factory drivers want to race against the best. Preventing one of the best drivers ever to drive an R/C car does nothing other than weaken the field. I'd like to see the Nationals opened up to all drivers regardless of nationality. The result would be a better, more prestigious race.
Are the rules going to be rewritten because Hara no longer runs for Team Orion anymore and your dad and you are both major ROAR influences? Just curious. You never really questioned his residency until now. Now that he runs for Checkpoint.

Anyway, I am all for opening up the ROAR Nationals to anyone who would like to attend. That way, maybe the U.S. can get back up to the World level by competing against the World level more than just a couple times every other year.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hodapp
You never really questioned his residency until now. Now that he runs for Checkpoint.
Oh burn! Hodapp is got a good point...
Old 06-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Hodapp
Are the rules going to be rewritten because Hara no longer runs for Team Orion anymore and your dad and you are both major ROAR influences? Just curious. You never really questioned his residency until now. Now that he runs for Checkpoint.

Anyway, I am all for opening up the ROAR Nationals to anyone who would like to attend. That way, maybe the U.S. can get back up to the World level by competing against the World level more than just a couple times every other year.

poppoppoptiepoppop pop...
Old 06-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

This post is off topic, since this is a pic from the Reedy Race. Let's see who can tell me what is weird about this photo I took 2 weeks ago (you will need to zoom in).
i dont think that the car is moving...
Old 06-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can see it now, Immigration officers at the tech station. lol

Man people are starting to sound like sour grapes.
I could see this being an issue in Hara's first Roar nats.
Apparently he has passed all requirements and now his
elig for the roar nats is still being questioned after winning
his second or third title. Sorry can't keep up with all his wins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.