Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McSmooth
Can we wear the funny pants too?
STLNLST will
Old 06-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I agree with Rick and Matt completely. I am on the ROAR on road committee. I'll bring it up and see what kind of feedback I get.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I am glad Hara races here. Would you rather find out how far behind US Pros are at the Worlds once every two years?

That said...Billy and Rick were fast enough to run with Hara at this race so huge props to them.

Now...lets see what happens in Italy in a few weeks!
i think everyone was still really far off... hara tested 4 different cars, he was just using this race for practice and turned rediculous laptimes in practice with one of the cars, much faster than any laps that were turned during the race. he used a different car to win the race.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by teammidget lilB
Why cant foreign drivers race with the US. what is being said is hara you cant race here because were sick of you winning. The only way the US drivers are going to get to be better is race the better and best. Right know roar is limiting how good the future drivers of the Us will be. YOU CAN ONLY GET BETTER BY RACING BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are going to have rules follow them, especially if you are the ones enforcing the rules. If ROAR want foreign drivers race at the Nats fine, just let the rules reflect that specifically. If you are going to bend the rules it makes a sanctioning body look shady. I will never make an A main at a national event so it does not affect me, but I would like to know that all rules are followed as a member of an organization.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SoCalMitch
If you are going to have rules follow them, especially if you are the ones enforcing the rules. If ROAR want foreign drivers race at the Nats fine, just let the rules reflect that specifically. If you are going to bend the rules it makes a sanctioning body look shady. I will never make an A main at a national event so it does not affect me, but I would like to know that all rules are followed as a member of an organization.
Do you know what rules were bent or broken? If you make a statement like that please let us know what rule was broken. I don't know of any rules that were bent or broken.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think what he means is that the current rules have big loop holes that allow Hara to race which is against the point of the rule. I'm sure the rule will be re-written, the question is which way? To close the Nat's to US Residents and close the loop holes? Or to open them up to racers from over seas to allow US racers a chance to gauge themselves against the best and hopefully increase the chance of a ROAR driver winning a world championship. Personally I'm hoping for the latter.

BTW- There has been a discussion about this very thing started by the ROAR Committee.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just curious if anyone knows who makes the heatsink on this car.

Cheerz
Attached Thumbnails 2006 ROAR Electric On-Road Nationals @ Speedworld Raceway-motor-heatsink-unknown.jpg  
Old 06-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

thanks to everyone at Speedworld!!!!! what a awesome place....and Billy B. your the man.....Team Xray, what a great time those guys showed me....and thanks Frank...my new car is so fun to work on....

Sean

Last edited by STARSCREAM; 06-13-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:56 AM
TLRacing

It would be nice if we could go race the European Championships but we can not. I am not sure about the Japan Nationals. Last I heard you had to qualify for them.

I recently talked to Brent from AE and he brought up the fact that we should used combined Nationals to make an overall National Champion. I agree with this. In the UK they have 4 to 5 National Races to determine the winner.

MF...this is not the NBA...if it was you would not be leaving RC...LOL.

I can see both sides of this. It is good to see what Hara can do in the states and keeps the Americans in realization of how fast we are or are NOT. On the other side it is a US National...this one is up to ROAR to fix.

What is Hara's ROAR address?

Either way we cry when he beats us on our home turf. It sucks but it is the truth. This year was the first year in a while that Ameiricans had speed over Hara. If Hara had a wonder car during practice he would of raced it during qualifying. He did not want to qualify 3rd. Hara is all about TQ and WIN.

Congrats to Hara...he is the man! Also to Hohwart....taking the TQ in the round 3 and 4 was dialed especially at the young age of 38.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Obsidian
Just curious if anyone knows who makes the heatsink on this car.

Cheerz
that is a Novak GTX speedo w/the stock heatsink
Old 06-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rayhuang
he did a SEABALL!!!
Better a Seaball, than the dreaded Herrmann.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

Integy makes it, it's one of there new one's, they make it with a FAN and w/o a fan.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
It would be nice if we could go race the European Championships but we can not. I am not sure about the Japan Nationals. Last I heard you had to qualify for them.

the Japan nationals is open to everyone... but I think you do have to race a couple qualifying races..
Old 06-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ICEMAN
Integy makes it, it's one of there new one's, they make it with a FAN and w/o a fan.

Thanks Iceman.

Cheerz
Old 06-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

sounds like a well run event (as i would expect from the nocal crew). congrats.

regarding the roar nats and membership, i really do not care what country of origin or nationality you are if you are competing at a nats. what i do believe though is that an individual should only be able to compete at one member block's nats between ifmar worlds events in a given scale, and that you should be representative of that member block when attending said worlds from which you qualified.

the fundamental purpose of a member block's nats is to have the best in that region competing against each other for a chance to qualify/race against the best in other blocks (i.e. the worlds), ultimately determining a champion. allowing non-member blocks to compete, while universally raising the level of competition, is counter productive to the current qualification system and diminishes the opportunities of native competitors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.