Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree164Likes

Tamiya TB Evo 6

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I see... so you take the TB Evo 6 and use that conversion kit?
Old 06-13-2016, 04:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You don't have to use the Evo 6, you can use a TB04R and convert with an additional parts pack. This is how I did it.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nubs
You don't have to use the Evo 6, you can use a TB04R and convert with an additional parts pack. This is how I did it.
Got it! thanks
Old 06-13-2016, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikeR
Modified+shaft would equal mass tire spin for on-road- just too much for good consistent lap times. Even the Exotek chassis would have a hard time with that due to the direct feel of the shaft drive. Belt cars are best for modified on-road my friend
Hmm, interesting. Could this not be overcome with speedo punch settings. In terms of traction, in theory could you not get more with shaft? With belt drive the inertia reaction of the motor would reduce force on the rear wheels under accel, if I have got the direction of rotation correct. For cars with comparatively long thin dimensions I just think there are opportunities for big reductions in polar moment of inertia with shaft drive and shorty lipo setup as per exotek.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AntH3000
Hmm, interesting. Could this not be overcome with speedo punch settings. In terms of traction, in theory could you not get more with shaft? With belt drive the inertia reaction of the motor would reduce force on the rear wheels under accel, if I have got the direction of rotation correct. For cars with comparatively long thin dimensions I just think there are opportunities for big reductions in polar moment of inertia with shaft drive and shorty lipo setup as per exotek.
Mod motors are overkill with this car

You are overthinking it
Old 06-14-2016, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Tried out the ball diff in the rear this past weekend. It was a welcome feature to be able to fine tune the rear diff with a simple adjustment of a screw. I ended up with a slightly higher level of resistance than what I was running in my gear diff (1K) and was really happy with how the car drove.

During testing, I made a run with a fairly firm setting and while the car was still easy to drive the times were not on par with a looser setting.

Next up will the light weight pilot shaft and spool outdrives.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Mod motors are overkill with this car

You are overthinking it
Maybe, I get this feedback regularly! Wouldn't surprise me if shaft drive makes a comeback though. Where and how the weight is sitting is clearly not ideal with a belt car...
Old 06-14-2016, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Maybe, I get this feedback regularly! Wouldn't surprise me if shaft drive makes a comeback though. Where and how the weight is sitting is clearly not ideal with a belt car...
There are many Awesomatix A700's on the previously driven market here at RCtech, that might be something to try, however I'm pretty sure the drivetrain on an evo 6 would not out last the tires
Old 06-14-2016, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Also, you can not put modified size spur/pinion in the Exotek conversion any way. It is designed pretty much for stock spec type spur gears.

Last edited by MikeR; 06-14-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by RollingChicane2
Tried out the ball diff in the rear this past weekend. It was a welcome feature to be able to fine tune the rear diff with a simple adjustment of a screw. I ended up with a slightly higher level of resistance than what I was running in my gear diff (1K) and was really happy with how the car drove.

During testing, I made a run with a fairly firm setting and while the car was still easy to drive the times were not on par with a looser setting.

Next up will the light weight pilot shaft and spool outdrives.
Don't forget the light weight rear drive axles PN 1488 from Exotek, exotekracing.com or the light weight axles PN R1015 from R1 Wurks, r1wurks.com. Every gram counts when lightening that drive train
Old 06-14-2016, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I tested a lightweight spool at the Reedy race. It was very awesome!

ETA July
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB Evo 6-fullsizerender.jpg  
Old 06-14-2016, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

I was thinking the same thing without all the complicated terms. I have a 4.5T motor that I definitely want to test out in this thing. What about using significantly bigger pinions and smaller spur gears that reach closer to 1:1?
Old 06-14-2016, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

ETA July
And they are built to accept the dogbone caps. NOICE! That makes me super happy.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

ETA July
I'll put my pre-order in now!
Old 06-14-2016, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Leester
Don't forget the light weight rear drive axles PN 1488 from Exotek, exotekracing.com or the light weight axles PN R1015 from R1 Wurks, r1wurks.com. Every gram counts when lightening that drive train
I've been a little hesitant of ordering the lightweight axles simply due to durability. I manage to stay pretty clean, off the walls and off other drivers. How fragile are these in a true race environment? The most common contact at our track is someone coming in too hot into a corner and tapping the inside rear of the car. The contact is usually pretty minor. Would this little amount of contact likely fracture the lightweight axles?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.