STOCK motor forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STOCK motor forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks, JDM's thread is the reason why I bought the MOMO to try.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default Fantom F421L Limited Edotion

Hi guys,
I picked upa Fantom F421L Limited Edition motor this week after my Novak Brushless system quit on me .
Anybody used this motor? is it any good?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Outlaw Pro-Thats their version of the Revenge of the Monster motor that Trinity has.The limited edition is picked from the top 10 motor's from a 100 case.So top 10%.
Should be a Really Nice motor if geared correctly.
What are you running it in?
Old 01-15-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Tex- running it in my Pro3 with a LRP F1 pro esc, geared @ 28/81, might need to work on the gearing still. With the brushless motor the lowest Novak recommends is 6.5 final so I'm not sure with this motor. Seems pretty strong though.
Any recommendations?
Old 01-16-2004, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Monster stocks like a low ratio. That gearing may be OK for a big track, but smaller tracks would need gearing of 7.5:1 overall or lower. So a smaller pinion may be required.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

Do some of you guys have experience with Taem 1 Monster motors? I've heard they're fast, but hysterical when it comes to maintenance....
Old 01-16-2004, 03:55 AM

Does anyone know how to really tune a Epic Binary stock, and what gearing should I run for a Yokomo SD car??? Track is medium.

Any help is greatly appreaciated.

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cole, I've bought a couple of Team 1 motors, & last weekend I got to know their main man, Russ Schaact(sp?), as he was pitting right behind me at the Novak US TC Champs. They are VERY good motors, so far I've not been disappointed in the least, & neither have any of my friends who've tried one(& that covers motors based on both the Monster & the Binary). I won't hesitate to recommend them....as for gearing a Binary, TheNoi, it kind of depends on how well that particular one runs, but in general I'd try something like a 8.0:1 final drive ratio, & see how it runs(& keep a CLOSE eye on the motor's temperature, if it gets hot like that then gear down). And for setting them up, I like using either all red or all purple springs & Hurricane's Gold brushes, seems to be a good combination for power(& they seem good for a number of runs as long as you don't overgear & overheat the motor, those brushes seem to HATE excessive heat).....
Old 01-16-2004, 04:31 PM

Thanks Grizzbob !!!!

Will try that gearing, and go from there...

Did you run the binary Stock at the Novak US TC Champ??

Was there any different between the Monster and the binary at that track in term of lap and time.

I have try the monster at my track before, and now I am trying the binary. Hope this is better...

Thanks,
Old 01-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Binary gearing

Originally posted by TheNoi
Thanks Grizzbob !!!!

Was there any different between the Monster and the binary at that track in term of lap and time.

I have try the monster at my track before, and now I am trying the binary. Hope this is better...

Thanks,
TheNoi,

Do you race in Eastern Creek? If so, go and look for a guy name "Dan" as he is perhaps the quickest SD in there and really won't mine helping begginers like you.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:03 PM

DanJoy25,

I will TQ with the Binary for sure, if that does not work. I still can switch back to the Monster. Either way I still win!!!

Old 01-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Grizzbob !!!!

Thanks,
Yes, I did use the Binary based motors at the Novak race(exclusively, too, I just didn't have a Monster that I felt was good enough at the time, though there are plenty of Monsters out there that are every bit as powerful), so I can't really compare lap times. But I did happen to test some Monsters that other guys had, & if I'd had one as good as those, I would've run one without hesitation(it's not about one design over another, it's just which motor in my box is best at that time, regardless of the brand or design). And like I said before, the best gearing for one just depends on how that particular motor wants to run, & a couple of my Binaries seem to be quite similar in powerband to a Monster, so I gear those much like a Monster(I was going between a 7.8 & 8.3:1 final drive ratio at the Novak race depending on which motor it was & how it had just tested on my Robi). But overall, I think what I suggested to you should be a safe starting ratio, & you should be able to adjust from there if neccessary.....
Old 01-17-2004, 04:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Helfire stock motor

Anybody use this motor if how do u like it?
Old 01-17-2004, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

DanJoy25,

I will TQ with the Binary for sure, if that does not work. I still can switch back to the Monster. Either way I still win!!!

thats a big call
Old 01-17-2004, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Grizzbob
Cole, I've bought a couple of Team 1 motors, & last weekend I got to know their main man, Russ Schaact(sp?), as he was pitting right behind me at the Novak US TC Champs. They are VERY good motors, so far I've not been disappointed in the least, & neither have any of my friends who've tried one(& that covers motors based on both the Monster & the Binary). I won't hesitate to recommend them....
Thanks. How often do you guys true the comms?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.