R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   JACO tire news (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/79289-jaco-tire-news.html)

TimPotter 10-17-2005 07:55 PM

I know for a fact ROAR is aware of the issue. This and other items are being discussed.

THE DARKSIDE 10-17-2005 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

MR.BILL is off the scale
Send a message via Yahoo to MR.BILL
INDOOR CHAMPS 2005
THIS IS THE FINAL DECSION ON 2 STAGE TIRES,BUT FIRST WE WANT EVERONE TO KNOW THAT WE SPENT A LOT OF TIME RETHINKING THIS,AND WE WANT EVERONE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS DECSION IS THAT OF THE CHAMPS AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY SPONSER IN FACT WE DID ASK THEM ,BUT THEY LEFT IT UP TO US AND SUPPORT US WHAT EVER WE DESIDE 100%. WE BASE THE DECSION ON RULE 7.3.1.2 IN THE ROAR GUIDE LINES. SO NO JACO 2STAGE TIRES WE KNOW THAT SOME ONE IS NOT GOING TO BE HAPPY WITH THIS,BUT IT WILL BE THE SAME FOR ALL.

ALMOST 300 ENTIES AS OF TODAY

EPIC 3800 ARE OK

So much for rewarding innovation......

dodgeguy 10-17-2005 08:53 PM

You have to love the laim rule calling!!! You use the ROAR handbook to decide tires. But you do not with batteries.

Mr Bill what were the factors for the ruling? If you are saying you can not get them. Then how does a independent driver like me have a set?

TJ Bradley 10-17-2005 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

MR.BILL is off the scale
Send a message via Yahoo to MR.BILL
INDOOR CHAMPS 2005
THIS IS THE FINAL DECSION ON 2 STAGE TIRES,BUT FIRST WE WANT EVERONE TO KNOW THAT WE SPENT A LOT OF TIME RETHINKING THIS,AND WE WANT EVERONE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS DECSION IS THAT OF THE CHAMPS AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY SPONSER IN FACT WE DID ASK THEM ,BUT THEY LEFT IT UP TO US AND SUPPORT US WHAT EVER WE DESIDE 100%. WE BASE THE DECSION ON RULE 7.3.1.2 IN THE ROAR GUIDE LINES. SO NO JACO 2STAGE TIRES WE KNOW THAT SOME ONE IS NOT GOING TO BE HAPPY WITH THIS,BUT IT WILL BE THE SAME FOR ALL.

ALMOST 300 ENTIES AS OF TODAY

EPIC 3800 ARE OK

wow! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! scotty is about to take over because he is a racer who knows what is going on.

Nick-C 10-18-2005 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by TJ Bradley
wow! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! scotty is about to take over because he is a racer who knows what is going on.

I just have to agree...

As a racer who pays for his tires retail this hurts. Wraps are more economical and I guess I was just silly enough to invest in that technology. Now I get to go out and stock up all over again just for this race.

Having someone at the helm who knew what was going on with the "little guy" would help a lot in these situations.

Nick

Pole Position B 10-18-2005 02:51 AM

Cleveland race

I also agree that it is not the right decision for the racers not to approve some products like the Jaco 2-stage tires and the IP3800 batteries. And it's definitely a big mistake by the race organizer. These 2 products are available to all racers and at competitive prices. And both products were available to the racers months before the Cleveland race.

Windsorguy99: The fact that the IP3800s are not legal for the Cleveland race has nothing to do with the size of the cells or ROAR rules......... As you know,the GP3700s, the IB3800s, the IP3800s and the EPIC3800s are not ROAR legal yet.

I also understand that you are under the impression that the IP3800 is too long for the current ROAR rules of 43.00mm. This is right, the IP3800 cells are longer than the current ROAR rule of 43.00 mm, but they do respect the IFMAR limit of 44.00mm. However please note that the IB3800 are also too long for the current ROAR rules.

We just ordered 4 packs of the latest and improved IB3800s from a very reputable matcher to make some tests. We received them last week and we measured the cells one by one. Here you have the length of the 24 cells: As you can easily see... none of them is within the ROAR rule.

Cell length in mm
pack 1: 43.40, 43.42, 43.39, 43.63, 43.53, 43.46
pack 2: 43.25, 43.48, 43.34, 43.46, 43.25, 43.20
pack 3: 43.38, 43.28, 43.39, 43.41, 43.41, 43.36
pack 4: 43.38, 43.45, 43.30, 43.43, 43.44, 43.43

I know this information may surprise some but you can't argue with measurements made on 24 cells. This being said, please don't get me wrong, we are confident that ROAR will change their max. length to the 44.00mm limit. So they can approve the IB3800 and the IP3800.

I am sorry to bring this up on the Jaco news thread but reading windsorguy99 comment I really felt like we needed to clear the situation regarding the IP length.

Andre
Pole Position Batteries

ChrisP 10-18-2005 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Pole Position B
Windsorguy99: The fact that the IP3800s are not legal for the Cleveland race has nothing to do with the size of the cells or ROAR rules......... As you know,the GP3700s, the IB3800s, the IP3800s and the EPIC3800s are not ROAR legal yet.

I also understand that you are under the impression that the IP3800 is too long for the current ROAR rules of 43.00mm. This is right, the IP3800 cells are longer than the current ROAR rule of 43.00 mm, but they do respect the IFMAR limit of 44.00mm. However please note that the IB3800 are also too long for the current ROAR rules.

Hi Andre,

I do know that as of yet none of the above mentioned cells were ROAR legal. As far as cell sizes go, ROAR has strayed from their official sizing anyway, as itis also my understanding (From the RCCA battery comparison) that the GP3300, GP3700, IB2600 and IB3800 were all longer than 43.0 mm with RCCA measuring them all to be the same 43.2mm length..

Thanks for the info. It looks like Mr. Bill has his work cut out for them...lots of advances in tire and battery technology over the last year...although I suppose like I mentioned earlier we should have probably moved the battery talk to a different thread....and that ROAR needs to take another look at their rulebook.

Merciless 10-18-2005 05:39 AM

Guys,

Just look at it this way Mr.Bill's gonna get his way, he's in charge !!

Now if he wants to break the guide line's for the battery's but not the tires he's gonna do it. It might be crap and the reason's can be B**L***T !! But if that's how HE wants to call it i'm sure that's the way it'll be.

Long live the reign of mindless people in charge (well IMO that's how you've got to look at it, if you believe it's nothing to do with money :nod: ;) )

ChrisP 10-18-2005 05:44 AM

Mr. Bill could also be making decisions based on flawed information provided to him....

Everyone that I know that has attended this race has sung the praises of Mr. Bill, so i'm not ready to throw him under the bus as mindless or a sellout.

Merciless 10-18-2005 06:15 AM

Ah it's hard ................. but i fail to see the logic in not allowing them ??

Don't forget my governing body the B.R.C.A have outlawed them already, i'm told because they'll be to expensive and make tire choice to hard ............

Now they aren't even released over here as i understand it, no price set and all information posted on them in use points to them being a very good proformer in most conditions with less wear, which i'd have thought makes tires choice easier ???

But still there band ?!?!?!?!

Pro ten Holland 10-18-2005 07:12 AM

I am looking for 10th pancar front donuts magenta (or double pink as Jaco seems to call them), but the Jaco website doesn't list them anymore. Are they out of production?

walterhenderson 10-18-2005 07:19 AM

The tires have been for sale. 1/12 th two stage for some time and the sedan two stage before the vegas race.

Jack Rimer 10-18-2005 07:56 AM

This certainly is an unfortunate decision. Not for us (we will sell tires no matter what is used), but for the racers. If this was the first race where the tires appeared, then I could see it. However, since these tires have been raced and available for over a year, many people who run them on a weekly basis are now forced to purchase new tires for one race only.

Danny/SMC 10-18-2005 08:33 AM

Cells should be measured without shrink and prior to cycling as they will expand under high amp cycling. IB3800s are under 43mm wihtout shrink and prior to cycling.

If ROAR decides to allow 44mm cells i'm sure IB and GP will retool and do a longer cell to not give up any advantage.

Chad Phillips 10-18-2005 09:19 AM

Trinity will be selling all popular compounds of Jaco at Cleveland for a very good pric. so save your money boys and girls..

C.P.