R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   JACO tire news (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/79289-jaco-tire-news.html)

Rob Phillips 09-15-2005 07:58 PM

When should we see price reduction at the distribution level?

Don't worry Guy, I'm not mad at ch'a. You'll have your chance to prove everyone wrong soon enough. :D Tire police will be teching this year though. :sneaky: Later

Jack Rimer 09-15-2005 08:01 PM

Right now.

teamgp 09-15-2005 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Don't worry Guy, I'm not mad at ch'a. You'll have your chance to prove everyone wrong soon enough. :D Tire police will be teching this year though. :sneaky: Later

Hey, I'll be within specs for reasons other than the recent change of opinion on what used to be my "pretty but non-aerodynamic" Nitro Shoes, but have now become an "unfair advantage" with 2mm more width in the rear. :p :lol:

To whom much is given, much is required. Being sponsored means I have a duty to focus on helping XRAY improve products and provide up to date and useable setup information to the everyday driver. I'll keep a set of new Nitro Shoes on my shelf for sentimental reasons though. :cry: Maybe I'll break them out next asphalt season and run against the Nitro guys...IB3800's...no 4000s+...high turn brushless motor...pit man...hmm...might work...they probably won't mind... ;) :D

I've nothing to prove on my end though.

fast-ho-cars 09-15-2005 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
It is the same design, but the wheel has been reinforced around the front bearings and the OD and boltholes on the rear. It is also made from a stronger material to resist breakage.

i went ahead & ordered two sets yesterday from KT Hobbies to try them out, so this is good news to hear.

Kraig 09-16-2005 04:45 AM

We have seen the price reduction and have since passed it on to our customers.

Kraig
KT Hobbies

BlackKat 09-16-2005 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by teamgp
Hey, I'll be within specs for reasons other than the recent change of opinion on what used to be my "pretty but non-aerodynamic" Nitro Shoes, but have now become an "unfair advantage" with 2mm more width in the rear.

Just narrow them by 2mm ;)

teamgp 09-16-2005 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by BlackKat
Just narrow them by 2mm ;)

Thought about that, but I really need to stick to the common foam tires that most XRAY drivers use on carpet. In the past I've dialed in my setups with Nitro Shoes and then tested the same setup with the standard electric foams to note any differences when giving advice. But I'll stick closer to the norm now. This doesn't mean that I won't be trying "weird" things that are within regs and make some sense in theory though. :sneaky: :D

Rob Phillips 09-16-2005 10:54 PM

Take it easy Guy, I was only pullin your chain. I don't really care what tire you choose. I just want to know where I can get Jaco's at the new price. I also want to try some of the new ones too.

teamgp 09-17-2005 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Take it easy Guy, I was only pullin your chain.

Hey man, same here. :sneaky: :D

Merciless 09-17-2005 11:39 AM

Anyone able to post a link to somewhere with the "new" tires instock please

teamgp 09-17-2005 12:39 PM

Horizon Hobby seems to have them listed, but you'll probably have to call and confirm they're in stock.

Merciless 09-17-2005 12:44 PM

Sorry wanting the 1/12th tires and they don't appear to stock them at all :eek:

skipstr 09-17-2005 02:15 PM

Horizon has 12th scale and gas sedan two-stage listed but not the electric sedan two-stage listed.

Merciless 09-17-2005 02:46 PM

Got it "Available late October" so not really instock :eek: but thanks for trying

teamgp 09-17-2005 05:09 PM