Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho 12th scale Plazma LM

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry Danny, been distracted between my new 5th scale onroad car and trying to revive my motorcycle (since it is Spring in Texas), the Plazma Lm get pushed to the side. I will try to test (video???) the car more this coming Saturday if time allows. I will put the 21.5 back in it and log in lap times on my local carpet track.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Sorry Danny, been distracted between my new 5th scale onroad car and trying to revive my motorcycle (since it is Spring in Texas), the Plazma Lm get pushed to the side. I will try to test (video???) the car more this coming Saturday if time allows. I will put the 21.5 back in it and log in lap times on my local carpet track.
Make it 13.5, Juan!
Old 04-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viet
Make it 13.5, Juan!
The car is ballistic enough with a 17.5 with a 2 cell. Once I get more familiar and more drive time on the car, I might go in that direction for my own purposes.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a 13.5 in mine and I am planning on testing it soon. It was really fast with the stock motor that came in it. When I have time I will try to get some video.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Thats cool Jlock, sounds like you have a lot of toys to keep running Im busy myself with 1/10th off road at the moment, but I have budgeted in the £ and time for an LM in June. Would be awesome to see a video of some LMs running though if any of you guys get a sec when you're at the track
Old 05-30-2014, 08:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Just reviving this thread. Found a video on YT which im not allowed to post, but it shows some LMs running 30.5s which seem quite mild, but make for close racing
Old 05-30-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjFcz7BdezM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHO1krwqFS4

Here are my videos for you!
Old 06-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Thats the ones(s). Haha its a small world! Nice one. I bet you get some serious runtime with a 30.5 right?
Old 10-23-2014, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

http://ameblo.jp/westmountain/entry-11942434933.html

Recently had a 2 hour endurance race using the Plasma LM. What-A-Blast!

Everyone ran the same 30.5 motor and stayed within a certain roll out range. Using lipo stick packs and kit tires. After the 2 hours and 473 laps my team came out victorious!

There were 5 teams consisting of 2 racers, racers were paired based on drivers skill. Highest paired with lowest skill. This made the competition fun and unpredictable. During the race, each racer can only race for 15-20 minutes each time and then they must switch. When we did switch, we switch out the battery and sometimes made roll out adjustments. Their were no battery dumping issues, I'm pretty sure the lipo batteries can last easily 30 minutes. The motors never ever got hot, after the two hours they were lukewarm.

The best time to race them is at night, with the included light system. Sooooo cool.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:20 AM
Tech Adept

Are there any option parts you "must" have on this one?
Just foam or also rubber tires available?
Old 02-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Hey All, I just picked up a 2nd battery for my Plazma RA, and am wondering what other solutions folks have come up with to secure that 1S LiPo that's a little easier/faster than the blue battery tape. I'm clumsy with the stuff and it usually takes me a few tries to thread the stuff through the hole it has to go through and get it smooth...was thinking of velcro, but wondering if there's something cleaner..figured with all of the iterations of this car that have come out since I bought mine that there must be something out there. Thanks!

Old 02-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

I use strong double sided tap
Old 04-05-2018, 12:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Which servo/esc/bl motor?

reviving an old thread-

I'm thinking about picking one of these up and was wondering what are the best electronics to put in? I'm not looking for absolute speed - will mainly be used on driveway, empty school parking lot, and perhaps an occasional track day (carpet track.)

I'm new to building my own kit (well, been over 20 years since i built an RC10) and really dig the bodies on these kyosho's as i have a couple of their mini-zs.

I own a couple traxxas rigs but nothing on-road and no spare electronics.

What do you all recommend for servo, esc/motor combo, and also a tx? Again, not looking for a speed demon, just want to enjoy the plazma lm w/o it being a shelf queen.

Was leaning towards bl motor but i'm clueless on what would work/fit on this pan car as it doesn't seem very popular.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

I like this car and chassy. I hope this thread gets revived, For most guys who are interested with scale racing, this one looks like a winner. I recently bought mine and still waiting for it to arrive. Looks like a fun car with very low maintenance.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:11 PM
Tech Rookie

This car is awesome! I just finished putting my Porsche 962 together and it is stunningly beautiful! Its so nice i'm running it with the extra body (painted it teal green) as i don't want to damage the painted body.
I'm running mine on 2cell lipo, stock motor, and cheapo hobbywing esc and it is plenty fast for me. At some point i'll probably get better ESC where i can adjust the drag brake as this thing just coasts when off the throttle.
I've been running it on my kid's school parking lot and man is this thing low to the ground - any small stone or pebble and it'll scrape the underside. I did get a chance to take it to a carpet track and that was a lot of fun too.

I'm not sure i have adjusted the ball diff correctly - I tightened it per the instructions where if i spin one wheel in the air the other wheel spins the opposite direction. However once on the road if i goose the throttle the diff just slips and spins and doesn't get the power down to the wheels unless i gradually increase the throttle. Does that sound right?
I noticed that the ball diff on this kit doesn't use a "thrust bearing" like some of the youtube vids I've seen of 1/12 pan car ball diffs.

Regardless i'm super happy that this kit (my first) came out as well as it did. My 5 year old keeps asking if we can take out the "race car."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.