Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 02:21 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks mate.

What setup would you reccomend for a modified very low grip carpet?

Every other week I run on very low grip carpet and struggle a little

I usually run white springs all round, but last night I put soft on the front and it made my turn in way better. I'm wondering if softening the rear also would give me even more all round grip
Old 12-03-2016, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

Anybody breaking one for spares? I need a front left one of these but a pair for that price is too much

http://www.apexmodels.com/gbu0-prodshow/HOBAO-H41040.html
Old 12-03-2016, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hipwell
Anybody breaking one for spares? I need a front left one of these but a pair for that price is too much

http://www.apexmodels.com/gbu0-prods...AO-H41040.html
any cheaper at the e-shop ?
http://eshop.hobao-racing.com/p/4104...ferential-seat
Old 12-04-2016, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks mate. That's way cheaper

Hope they ship to the UK!
Old 12-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

no problem, hope it helps
Old 01-18-2017, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

...going to race this car in 17.5 on road again this year. May be my last year racing this one before I convert to USGT or such ...(but I said that last year too). The car still performs really well and as good as the newest TC7's. ...this is going on 4 seasons racing this one.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hobao h4e

Hi can anyone tell me what motor gear to put on the motor shaft how many teeth should it have thanks
Old 05-28-2019, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cmooreron
Hi can anyone tell me what motor gear to put on the motor shaft how many teeth should it have thanks
48 pitch 1/8th"(3.18MM) bore pinion and the number of teeth depends on motor turns
Old 08-29-2019, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

..still running this car and doing great w/ it in VTA.
Its as competitive as any other car out there, this is my 6th season running this car. Parts are still easy to find and car really holds up well.

Only complaint after 6 years of racing is that the diff leaks. Its actually really annoying, I've dealt w/ it for a long time and am finally going to see if there is some solution ..does anyone have any ideas? Perhaps a diff' from a different manufacturer that will work as a replacement?
Old 09-23-2019, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

..well if this helps anyone I think I may have solved the leaking diff' issue on the H4 (only took 6-7 years)!

I've placed an additional small washer under the washer on each side of the diff housing where the outdrives attach to the main bevel gear on each end.
The washers I used are 0.25 millimeters in thickness, so just a fraction of a millimeter. The actual width is smaller than the stock washer, so I have it sitting underneath the stock washer (closest to the outside of the diff' housing). What this does is basically compresses the stock o-ring (that the outdrives go through) slightly which makes the space around the outdrive less and thus oil has a harder time seeping out. So far its not leaking and the gears move just as freely as stock.

If anyone is interested or comes across this problem and would like help, I can sketch a diagram of what I did as well as provide the exact measurement of the additional washer.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Shocks and other things to know!?

Good Afternoon all,
Not sure if anyone looks at this thread anymore as well, the car is 8-9 years old now!

Anyway, I have recently got myself a Hobao H4e because, well.....I have always fancied one because its the unkown, the unusual, the underdog and it seemed like a fun project car.

I am restoring the car to almost new with many spares I have managed to source from many areas of the world..

Having never previously run this car, and wanting to give it the best possible opportunity to be competitive I have a few questions;
(I am a TC driver of quite a few years, have made National A mains and some Wins / Podiums so know my way around a TC - Just not this one)
My questions are as follows;
1. Has anyone found a suitable alternative to the kit shock diaphragm? They seem too thin and make the shocks either leak or suck in air?
2. The shocks seem very 'sticky' even with out having been filled with oil. Just assembled with new kit o-rings, new guides, lightly oiled o-rings with 300cst before assembly.? Anyone found a better o-ring / guide / solution?
3. There appears to be some play in the centre layshaft assembly (Back and forth rotation of the pulleys) even though all parts are new. Has anyone solved this?
4. Has anyone run this car on high grip ETS carpet? With the Volante tyre? Any setup advice?
5. Was there ever an alloy chassis manufactured for this car? By Hobao/OFNA or an aftermarket one?
6. Any other advice? Suggestions? Guidance?

I don't race anywhere near as much as I used to due to family commitments but still like to compete and love a good underdog story, hence this project.
I would love to get this competitive / semi competitive to ruffle a few feathers against the established brands.

That said, I do have my ARC R12.1 race car to fall back on if this project fails, but I so want it to succeed.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2022, 01:40 AM
Tech Rookie

ARC R11 diff is a direct fit if you're struggling.
Isaac likes this.