Search
Like Tree2Likes

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MultiRacer
I ordered a bunch of parts from Gee Fly Hobby . Selection was good and shipping time was pretty good.

John K
how was shipping cost? and timing?
Old 03-18-2015, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

I was a little suspect at first as the website is not as professional looking as some of the shop sites but everything went smooth and from memory, the shipping was reasonable and fairly quick too.

John K
Old 03-19-2015, 12:43 AM
Tech Regular

Parts are easy for us to get but I don't have much confidence this will last when the UK distributor keeps sending old gen knuckles.

If they want this car to keep selling they would only be shipping the new parts Otherwise it's reputation of been fragile will stick.

I was lucky and managed to get some 3rd gen knuckles and haven't had a breakage since.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

- other than breaking the original style CVA joint (been replaced w/ the beefier version) I have not broken anything on my H4. This is going on 2 consecutive race seasons.

I haven't considered mine to be fragile.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

my only gripe is that Ofna doesn't promote the car more. I am sick of people asking what kind of car I am running only for their expression to be "why the heck you running that". Seems everyone runs an Xray or Tamiya at my track and that is it.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by eR1c
my only gripe is that Ofna doesn't promote the car more. I am sick of people asking what kind of car I am running only for their expression to be "why the heck you running that". Seems everyone runs an Xray or Tamiya at my track and that is it.
I hear ya. I've only been to one other track that other people run the H4. normally I'm the only one.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

I agree. There's 2 of us running h4s at our track.

It's such a good car but seems to get bad press.

I came from a Schumacher mi4 which was indestructible, the h4 was fragile when I first got it but since I got the gen 3 knuckles it's been spot on.

Haven't broke a single part since I put my kydex bumper on.

I hope hobao release some genuine upgrade parts not just fancy green bits.

I will keep mine as long as parts are available
Old 03-19-2015, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

LOL!
Originally Posted by hipwell
I agree. There's 2 of us running h4s at our track.

It's such a good car but seems to get bad press.

I came from a Schumacher mi4 which was indestructible, the h4 was fragile when I first got it but since I got the gen 3 knuckles it's been spot on.

Haven't broke a single part since I put my kydex bumper on.

I hope hobao release some genuine upgrade parts not just fancy green bits.

I will keep mine as long as parts are available
The kit is awesome and plan to run mine as long as parts available as well. It should be warming up soon in the tri state can't wait to get outdoors with it!

Last edited by Emaculant; 03-19-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

sounds like we are all experiencing much of the same reaction as to what kind of car we are running!!

I think it is a great TC, I've got mine pretty dialed in and feel really confident with it. I have no plan on trading or selling mine, I too hope to run with it for a long long time. Guess we need to start getting some consistent wins in the A mains w/ it for people to take more notice!! -I am working on that
Old 03-23-2015, 03:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 17.5

Hey guys thinking about this kit as I narrowed my search for this summers outdoor 17.5 class. Between this and the T4 '15,and BD7. My question is, if in all honest do you see this car being supported, or should I move on to either the other 2 choices. Thanks for your input.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beyondthepack
Hey guys thinking about this kit as I narrowed my search for this summers outdoor 17.5 class. Between this and the T4 '15,and BD7. My question is, if in all honest do you see this car being supported, or should I move on to either the other 2 choices. Thanks for your input.
In all honesty its hard to say if the chassis will be supported in the future from Ofna. I wonder the same thing being that I run 2. The kit can keep up with both the kits mentioned and any other belt kit on the market for 190mm touring. I never ran any other the lower price pro kits but the H4 has the best bang for your buck that I have experienced.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Hopefully, hobao/ofna have been supporting the hyper 7 for years.

I would reccomend the kit, just make sure you get all the 3rd generation plastic knuckles as even the second gen break easily.

If people dont buy it then they wont support it.

I regulary beat xrays at our club with my h4.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hipwell
Hopefully, hobao/ofna have been supporting the hyper 7 for years.

I would reccomend the kit, just make sure you get all the 3rd generation plastic knuckles as even the second gen break easily.

If people dont buy it then they wont support it.

I regulary beat xrays at our club with my h4.
nothing better than beating a $550+ dollar car w/ a car that costs about half that. lol. I just wish they would have the front knuckles in stock. they seem to be on back order everytime I go to order. maybe if I stop running into stuff, I wouldn't need spares.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by edonsohc
nothing better than beating a $550+ dollar car w/ a car that costs about half that. lol. I just wish they would have the front knuckles in stock. they seem to be on back order everytime I go to order. maybe if I stop running into stuff, I wouldn't need spares.
Lol.

I can't remember the last time I broke something. I had a minor mishap on Friday but all that happened was the retainer clip on the back shock popped off when somebody are ended me at full pelt.

The more they sell the more parts theyl produce.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Gen 3

Thanks for the input fellas. How do I know what are gen 3 front end parts? Is there any additional replacements that are a must on the car. ie: shocks etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.