Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Another option could be to put an extra shim on the inside of the o ring, currently there is one but two would press the o ring in place a bit tighter (thus making a tighter seal). Yet this may make the out drives less free to spin... Its a thought?
Old 11-27-2014, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, might be worth giving that a try too. Hopefully it wont bloody leak anyway! I cant believe all the revisions they have made to this kit but still haven't changed anything with the diff.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I placed silicone gasket material from the local auto supply store in the diff first then placed the O-ring in and wiped away the excess. After one day of racing there are no leaks where before it would start after one round.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AlGio
I placed silicone gasket material from the local auto supply store in the diff first then placed the O-ring in and wiped away the excess. After one day of racing there are no leaks where before it would start after one round.
I was just going to suggest this actually as ive got plenty of black rtv sealent knocking about.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

First day at the track with the H4. Out of the box in USGT trim with a 4yr old turnigy lipo and a ballistic 21.5. Lrp flow works esc. It was putting down 10.0 laps and quick time was 9.6.

Best deal in RC. Awesome driving car
Old 11-29-2014, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gtxcowboy
First day at the track with the H4. Out of the box in USGT trim with a 4yr old turnigy lipo and a ballistic 21.5. Lrp flow works esc. It was putting down 10.0 laps and quick time was 9.6.

Best deal in RC. Awesome driving car
Good to hear! H4E FTW!!!!!
Old 12-01-2014, 02:55 AM
Tech Regular

Sounds great, cant wait to get mine built now!

Whats a good base setup for carpet?
Old 12-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AlGio
Good deal Al. As I mentioned before the output drive o-rings leak on the o.d. seal with the plastic diff case. Cleaning the diff housing and seating the o-ring in rtv silicone should be the easiest fix. The i.d. of the o-ring is a good fit. Adding more shims most likely will increase drag and wear. I would let the silicone completely cure overnight before lubing and finishing the assembly.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hipwell
Sounds great, cant wait to get mine built now!

Whats a good base setup for carpet?
For what class?
Old 12-11-2014, 03:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcwck
For what class?
Sorry i never saw your reply.

Will be racing in 13.5 boosted on primafelt gt carpet.

I would say the track is about 25m x 15m

Ive looked on petit rc but theres hardly any setups on there.

I prefer a car which is easy to drive and not too twitchy so im not constantly fighting with it.

Ordered some 25wt oil for the shocks, and 1.5 camber all rounds seems to be the norm, but could do with some ideas for camber link shimming and shock tower positions.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hipwell
Sorry i never saw your reply.

Will be racing in 13.5 boosted on primafelt gt carpet.

I would say the track is about 25m x 15m

Ive looked on petit rc but theres hardly any setups on there.

I prefer a car which is easy to drive and not too twitchy so im not constantly fighting with it.

Ordered some 25wt oil for the shocks, and 1.5 camber all rounds seems to be the norm, but could do with some ideas for camber link shimming and shock tower positions.
I stopped getting post alerts for this forum also, not sure about all that. Trying to remember to check this forum daily with no luck.

That's lotsa power on a small track. Should be fun/interesting. Number one is always tire selection. I have no reference to that kinda power on carpet. Remember radio exponential, dual rates and end points are your best friend when it comes to calming things down. I can usually run faster lap times than most mod cars on a small carpet track using a blinky 17.5.

Please report back after racing/testing.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry the track is 30m x 14m so still not massive, most of the 13.5 boosted guys run an fdr of about 7.6 so top speeds arent very high.

i was thinking about gearing up slightly and taking away some boost to give a smoother power delivery but will play about with this after the car is setup

Will do, the build will start on the 26th and first meet is on the 3rd of jan
Old 12-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

what bearings are you guys running?
Old 12-12-2014, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi,
Had my first test run with the H4 with a mod motor fitted and the car handles really good after a few minor adjustments but after the tyres warmed up the car started to bounce a little on a few of the corners any idea how to dial that out Im running the kit 3 hole pistons & shock oil with white springs.......
Old 12-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5
Hi,
Had my first test run with the H4 with a mod motor fitted and the car handles really good after a few minor adjustments but after the tyres warmed up the car started to bounce a little on a few of the corners any idea how to dial that out Im running the kit 3 hole pistons & shock oil with white springs.......
I have seen too soft or old stretch out tires with flattened inserts cause a hop in the corners. If everything else checks out ok like the shocks and diff then the tires are suspect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.