Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Lol they have been trimmed now. Although they really do stop it sitting on its roof after rolling.lol
Old 01-03-2014, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

did a mod to my shocks today. Ive never been happy with my shocks. They always seem to have air in them. After talking with nick from demonpowerproducts about some things he did to his i ordered the xray t4 shock diaphrams and trf damper bushings. You have to be careful when sitting the diaphrams on as they arent as wide as the hobao ones and you must make sure the bushings are in the center. I put them together and used trf 25wt oil as thats what i have been using. The shocks now feel amazing. Never have they felt like they do now. Il see how it handles next sunday.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

have you ever tried converting to emulsion shocks?
Old 01-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Not tried converting to emulsion shocks. Never been a fan of the idea
Old 01-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

based on your complaints with bladder shocks, it sounds to me like you may want to consider experimenting with emulsion, especially for the rear shocks if you want to get more rear traction, more info here that might be worth a read:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...er-shocks.html
Old 01-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

I dont have a problem with bladder shocks, its just the ones that were on the hobao i wasnt keen on
Old 01-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Just to clarify, you are effectively removing the amount of air allowed in the stock bladders by using "shock diaphragms" + bushings to displace the area where the air is normally located... by doing this you are purchasing an additional part at cost, where converting to an emulsion shock is a zero cost change (by simply cutting the bladder off the rubber seal) with nearly the same net result by restricting how much air is mixed in with the shock, where less air equates to less bounce and less bounce equates to greater traction, to a point where no rebound occurs when no air is mixed in the chamber.

The main difference with using "shock diaphragms" + bushings is that the air mixture is guaranteed to be identical, however you are limited how much air you can mix in the bladder... with emulsion shocks, there is no limit to how much air you want to mix... with infinite adjust-ability.

I like to think of emulsion shocks as the ball diff equivalent to air/bleed mixture where bladder shocks are the gear diff equivalent.

Since you're already tossing the stock bladders anyway, I don't see any harm in experimenting with a couple of them to see if emulsion suits your handling any better.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

I will have a play cutting the old bladders and running them back to back. the only concern i have with trying them as emulsion shocks is that there is a hole in the side of the top cap, would this not result in oil squirting out of this ( Maybe a silly question but i have never tried an emulsion shock)
Old 01-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

having bleeder holes aren't necessary, pretty decent video here explaining how simple they are to convert:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello if any one is interested i got this for sale :
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...g-car-lot.html
Old 01-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Worked for me

Originally Posted by ALBOP
Would you be able to post your setup please?

Cheers,
ALBOP, sorry to take so long getting back. The setup that follows is for 17.5 non-ramping TC on med. to high bite asphault. I am only listing the part(s) of setup that vary from the kit. FRONT: cmbr.=-1.25 deg., fr. sprg. grn., fr. upper shk. loc.=3rd in, lower=outside, cmbr. lnk.= 1mm outer, fr. rl.ctr. shim= 1mm, diff. ht. adjstr. 9:00. REAR: cmbr.=-1.25deg., r.sprng.=grn., toe=2.7deg.,upper shk. loc.,=4th in, lower= outside, diff=Kyosho 700wt., diff. ht. adjstr.=4:00 Air temp 63f., track temp 66 to 82f., Team Powers premounts, 34 compound, full sauce, f.& r., Team Powers tire sauce. Aluminum spacer installed between chassis plate and upper deck. Please use my previous post for steering stop screw and servo arm setup. Chris S. LETZ RACE!!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by casrcr
ALBOP, sorry to take so long getting back. The setup that follows is for 17.5 non-ramping TC on med. to high bite asphault. I am only listing the part(s) of setup that vary from the kit. FRONT: cmbr.=-1.25 deg., fr. sprg. grn., fr. upper shk. loc.=3rd in, lower=outside, cmbr. lnk.= 1mm outer, fr. rl.ctr. shim= 1mm, diff. ht. adjstr. 9:00. REAR: cmbr.=-1.25deg., r.sprng.=grn., toe=2.7deg.,upper shk. loc.,=4th in, lower= outside, diff=Kyosho 700wt., diff. ht. adjstr.=4:00 Air temp 63f., track temp 66 to 82f., Team Powers premounts, 34 compound, full sauce, f.& r., Team Powers tire sauce. Aluminum spacer installed between chassis plate and upper deck. Please use my previous post for steering stop screw and servo arm setup. Chris S. LETZ RACE!!
Great job yesterday Chris! Car was dialed.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by casrcr
Hi Chris, thanks for posting your set up!

Cheers,
Old 01-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

i was running mine for the first time in a few weeks, havent touched the stock shocks in months, no leaking too, just put some green slime in the o-rings and around the bladders.

managed to win overall tonight, something i have never done at all, was running a fleta 17.5t with 30 on the can, 94/41 with fresh tires and the car was flying round.

should be running the car in boosted 13.5t tomorrow, should be fun
Old 01-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks Josh. I won't take the credit at all with a car that's this easy to drive (whitch I've never had). It was just a matter of being patient. It's easy to stay out of trouble with this car when you're not having to push it real hard. ALBOP you are more than welcome! Hope the setup fits your driving style. If it does, I think you'll REALLY LIKE IT! Chris S. LETZ RACE!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.