Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

i found turnigy/hobbyking servos dont center very well with my KO, running a 1251 in the hobao currently.

maybe next week, i'll try him boosted, see how it likes more power
Old 11-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I have never experienced centering issues on my Turnigy 1258 servos, though keep in mind that Turnigy sells many different rebrands of servos, so you should be specific on which particular servo model didn't work well. Here's a centering test I performed with my Turnigy 1258:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

They also sell a Turnigy 1251 (low profile) from the same manufacturer that might be worth testing, though I haven't actually started testing this particular servo for myself yet:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...g_0_9_sec.html
Old 11-28-2013, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
They also sell a Turnigy 1251 (low profile) from the same manufacturer that might be worth testing, though I haven't actually started testing this particular servo for myself yet:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...g_0_9_sec.html
I'm sure there are some cheap servos at Hobby King that are good. I never have had much luck in using them in cars. Some have worked good in the beginning but didn't last very long. Some were DOA. Look at the label on the 1251 using your link. The label doesn't even fit the case recess spot. If they can't even get that correct which is in plain view I wonder about the hidden componets inside.

Hey, if they work for you go for it. I just seem to waste money on products that aren't race proven.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Emaculant
Thanks for the help guys, but I think I found out the problem was when I crashed it, I posssibly broke my servo HS-5645MG (that the guy at the store told me I wouldn't) but it locks harder in one direction than the other when I dropped the travel to 70% its locking even on both sides and it dosent vibrate when turning to either side.

I purchased this hitec servo because I was told I wouldn't brake it and also was informed that Savox servos does not work well its specktrum receivers. Is this true?
Save yourself all the grief, buy a decent high end servo, like Sanwa/Airtronics etc, and buy a servo saver.
Job done

Skiddins
P.S. I have known people have problems with Spektrum and Savox servo's, but I've known others have no problems at all.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I have a brand new h4 for sale. Pm if you are looking for one.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Anyone know of a one way that will fit the front at all?
Old 11-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

i can try a tamiya one in mine if you like.think it will be too narrow though
Old 11-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liamgalvin
Anyone know of a one way that will fit the front at all?
Wondering, Drift Car?
Old 11-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rcwck
Wondering, Drift Car?

Yeah. Just struggles in transition due to the spool.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yesterday I ran for the first time my new H4e at my local track [TCRC] in VTA Class , it was a very competitive car, I ended 3rd in the A main. I was a little worried after reading all these posts about the the front end being brittle/fragile. But I have to say that after a night of practice, three qualifying heats, and the A main, I didn't break a single part. Overall I'm really pleased with the performance of the kit. It has really good handling and a smooth transmission.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mazinga
Yesterday I ran for the first time my new H4e at my local track [TCRC] in VTA Class , it was a very competitive car, I ended 3rd in the A main. I was a little worried after reading all these posts about the the front end being brittle/fragile. But I have to say that after a night of practice, three qualifying heats, and the A main, I didn't break a single part. Overall I'm really pleased with the performance of the kit. It has really good handling and a smooth transmission.
I agree 100%. I had mine even before dj did and I have only bent an axle at TQ raceway after almost destroying one of the rails.
Today I raced at Cal Raceway and TQ'ed intermediate 17.5 and finished 2nd in the main only due to my driving error. I had the most violent crash I have ever had with any rc car and did not break any parts. Only the body suffered some damage. I beat all the locals and finished in front of AE Don an associated team driver. H4E felt awesome!!
I don't know what all the whinning is about. Maybe some drivers need to stop crashing and blaming the car.
Attached Thumbnails HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit-027.jpg  
Old 12-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default DJ at Cal Raceway

[/YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/XgArFhdgn2o
Old 12-02-2013, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

So how are your guys front knuckels holding up? I have gone through about 6 rights and 2 lefts on 3 race days. being super gentle with this cars it still breaks. My old TC4 could go full throttle into a board toss it end over end down the straight with zero breakages. With this car I touched another car as I was trying to pass (going the same direction) and pop off comes the knuckle I have boiled all the plastic and still this thing is falling apart. Anyone else having these issues. I have video of the last breakage and once I get to that video I'll post the clip.

Just saying this is getting ridiculous how light a tap on that tire can be and shatter this car.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

What shell.is on that. It looks sweet
Old 12-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scytherat
What shell.is on that. It looks sweet
It's the new Mc Callister DP Riley body, I ran 0 offset and 3mm Offset on the rear for GT10 class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.