Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F201

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Neil,
Are ya giving up the magic numbers I remember Rod telling someone to run those numbers and they looked at him if he was crazy, welp they didn't fair too well.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by gtypecanare
Hey Neil,
Are ya giving up the magic numbers I remember Rod telling someone to run those numbers and they looked at him if he was crazy, welp they didn't fair too well.
G, you got PM.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We should have those new arms in stock pretty soon I just put on a 3 racing chassis set on my F201, wow! night and day difference in how the car feel. I wish Tamiya would release something like that so we can run it at TCS and be competitive else where too. I can't wait to try the new arms too, I think we the graphite chassis, should improve the car quite a bit

By the way, don't forget, those that are interested in participating in F1RL, the practice round and meeting is this Sunday at La Mirada!

Steve Wang
Old 10-08-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

someday Tamiya will come ut with a hard carbon chassis for this car, I hope it's sooner than later. But who know, except the R&D guys. Heck, we don't know what the 2 holes are for on the aluminum motor guard
Old 10-09-2003, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys, I don't have an F201, but I'm curious. Have any of you tested the car with sedan tires? I know it's not right to put sedan tires on an F1 car, but I'm just wondering how they compare. How do these high profile F1 tires perform in comparison? Thanks.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:00 AM

sedan tires and good for about 2-3 laps more per race. at least thats my experence, 3 rounds of quailifiers at 19 laps sedan tires put on for the main and went 21 laps, was on 22 lap pace until a flip over
Old 10-09-2003, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

someday Tamiya will come ut with a hard carbon chassis for this car, I hope it's sooner than later. But who know, except the R&D guys. Heck, we don't know what the 2 holes are for on the aluminum motor guard
The 2 holes are for mounting your personal transponder...
I think it's a dum-ass spot......
Old 10-09-2003, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah, I thought so too, since the Japanese website had instructions to mount the lexan mount in that area, but still nothing are we speculating if those holes are for a transponder mount, maybe it might be a mount for a cooling scoop, who knows what those mystery holes are for. And I've actually modified a TA04R transponder mount to attach an Orion LCS, and used those holes for that purpose.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah, I thought so too, since the Japanese website had instructions to mount the lexan mount in that area, but still nothing are we speculating if those holes are for a transponder mount, maybe it might be a mount for a cooling scoop, who knows what those mystery holes are for. And I've actually modified a TA04R transponder mount to attach an Orion LCS, and used those holes for that purpose.
Actually in the assembly directions that I have for the F201 the last page has "hop-ups" listed and it has the metal motor guard in it and it states that you can also use this to mount your transponder...
Old 10-09-2003, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Oh... My set of instructions doesn't even list the hop-ups. I got the first set of instructions from the F2001 kit. Oh Well.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

When you guys are routing the esc wires to the motor, are you going through the windown in the chassis or over the back? I tried to run everything through the window, but the wires looked like they were going to hit the rear shaft/cup. Anyone elose find thie?
Old 10-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Oh... My set of instructions doesn't even list the hop-ups. I got the first set of instructions from the F2001 kit. Oh Well.
My first f2001 ( the 2 bodies) did not have it either.
The second one ( for son) did.....
Old 10-09-2003, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
When you guys are routing the esc wires to the motor, are you going through the windown in the chassis or over the back? I tried to run everything through the window, but the wires looked like they were going to hit the rear shaft/cup. Anyone elose find thie?
Both of mine go along the alum. motor brace and right in front of the hood scoop ( between the driver and the head rest).
If you put it through the chassis you will cut off the cooling air.
And these motors need all the cooling they can get....
Old 10-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Default SoCal Raceway Tuesdays

Hi to all the F1 nuts out there...

I am seeking to get a regular Tuesday night race going for F201s at SoCal raceway; raced my car there in Intermediate stock last Tuesday (with Slim's permission, of course) and it's going to take some playing with setups, etc. All they need for a class is 4 entries, and we wouldn't have to be with the sedans. Took damage from a radio glitch, but none from other cars---got some interested looks re: showing up with this car, as you can imagine.

If you're interested, come on down on Tuesday(s) and/or email me at [email protected] ---I'm planning to be there next Tuesday. I should also make the F1RL event at La Mirada this weekend, so maybe we could talk then, too.

BTW, I am a "sportsman", not "Pro", and in this for the fun!

Terry V.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: SoCal Raceway Tuesdays

Originally posted by TVree
Hi to all the F1 nuts out there...

I am seeking to get a regular Tuesday night race going for F201s at SoCal raceway; raced my car there in Intermediate stock last Tuesday (with Slim's permission, of course) and it's going to take some playing with setups, etc. All they need for a class is 4 entries, and we wouldn't have to be with the sedans. Took damage from a radio glitch, but none from other cars---got some interested looks re: showing up with this car, as you can imagine.

If you're interested, come on down on Tuesday(s) and/or email me at [email protected] ---I'm planning to be there next Tuesday. I should also make the F1RL event at La Mirada this weekend, so maybe we could talk then, too.

BTW, I am a "sportsman", not "Pro", and in this for the fun!

Terry V.
We tried getting the class started at socal, at first it was good. But the car is very fragile and couldn't hold up to the abuse of the dots, boards, walls, and most notably other drivers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.