Wiki Posts
Search

F201

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TCS SET UPS

Any thoughts or setups from the tcs race???

How was your car set up, how did it act???
Old 06-09-2003, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Neil,
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Just kidding. It's all about the air-gap
Old 06-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Ask Ray Meek too about the F201 tire secret from this weekend. It help Neil TQ
Old 06-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dah, I already talked to him when he came into work today! I work for him! yup yup!!!
Old 06-09-2003, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

darn it
oh well, look like I got to raise the ride height on my car to get those tires to work and remove some rear toe.
Old 06-10-2003, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by gtypecanare
.....It's all about the air-gap
you're not kidding!...

RCinfinity-->what did you gain/lose when applying that lil-bit of airgap, compared to full-foamed?...

anywhoo, good show. You were fast even w/out the rear wing...also curious to know why you 'retired' the black one...

good racing with all the F1 drivers...i know i had fun..can't wait till next time...
Old 06-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by OSherman
you're not kidding!...

RCinfinity-->what did you gain/lose when applying that lil-bit of airgap, compared to full-foamed?...

anywhoo, good show. You were fast even w/out the rear wing...also curious to know why you 'retired' the black one...

good racing with all the F1 drivers...i know i had fun..can't wait till next time...
Hi Orlando

I shouldn't have retired the black one, that was my fault. After the silver one broke off, the car became inconsistent. More corrections than needed to drive.

As far as air-gap goes, I mainly was listening to everyone complain on sat about how bad the type a tires were. So I talk to a couple of people that had some success with a large air gap in the rear tires and no air gap in the front. This set-up produced a major push. Thinking that I didn't want to get too far off of the stock setup, I wanted the same traction in the front as in the rear. So after I put two and two together, I took a huge gamble and used large air gaps in the front and rear. The new set-up had the original settings both from the book and from Jun's setup without all the expensive hop-ups. The gamble worked with the current climate conditions. Not sure if it would work if it were hot.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Here's a question for all you hardcore F201 drivers. What hop-up parts are really necessary for the car?
Old 06-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Neil sounds like you were the man last weekend.

Pick up the uni's light wt diffs, and the counter gears then apply White lightning or George's Sailkote and run the hell out of it sounds like your set-up is close.

I also like the rocker arms too.

Most of the stuff is just to remove slop out of all the joints of which there is so many.
As you have seen not alot of them are neccessary for all out performance.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Info about sailkote
http://www.mclube.com/frames/sailkote/index.html
Old 06-10-2003, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RCInfinity
Hi Orlando

I shouldn't have retired the black one, that was my fault. After the silver one broke off, the car became inconsistent. More corrections than needed to drive.

Were you the one with Silver F1 in the A main for F1 race? If so, I am sorry! I was the one sitting by the side when your car flipped over in front of me (after the big swipper). I tried to help by turning your car over and put it on the track, but I sorta put your car down in the harm's way and other car hit you again and you lost the wing. I should've wait for the marshal to turn over your car then other car would've passed you and you wouldn't lost your wing and you might just have the chance to catch up to other cars and win!! sorry dude~!
Old 06-10-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TRF-Powered
Were you the one with Silver F1 in the A main for F1 race? If so, I am sorry! I was the one sitting by the side when your car flipped over in front of me (after the big swipper). I tried to help by turning your car over and put it on the track, but I sorta put your car down in the harm's way and other car hit you again and you lost the wing. I should've wait for the marshal to turn over your car then other car would've passed you and you wouldn't lost your wing and you might just have the chance to catch up to other cars and win!! sorry dude~!
Hi TRF

Yea, that was me. No worries about the wing thing. That's racing. It's really my fault for turning myself over. It would have been nice to be more competitive during the main, but after getting that far behind, and using a stock motor, my race was pretty much over at that point. Thanks for the effort though. U da man!
Old 06-10-2003, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Difuser
Neil sounds like you were the man last weekend.

Pick up the uni's light wt diffs, and the counter gears then apply White lightning or George's Sailkote and run the hell out of it sounds like your set-up is close.

I also like the rocker arms too.

Most of the stuff is just to remove slop out of all the joints of which there is so many.
As you have seen not alot of them are neccessary for all out performance.
Thanks Difuser

My plans are the light weight diffs, universals, and maybe the high gear ratio. Oh and spare wings!
Old 06-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by gtypecanare
Info about sailkote
http://www.mclube.com/frames/sailkote/index.html
This sounds cool! Where can I get some of this stuff?
Old 06-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys, when running that much air gap, are you running pnumatic tires??? Did you cover the hole in the wheel??? Did you try to pressurize the tire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.