Wiki Posts
Search

F201

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ian_da_bomb
That is what I mean yup I had one a while back and (stupid me) threw it out with some other stuff because I had no idea what it was. I run front sways on my touring cars, just thought it would help with the f201 having the rear come around a bit. Do you guys not run them?
With the re-inforced front arms you really don't need that plate...
Old 09-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I assumed that it was a front sway bar. Is it just to make the arms stronger??? Ive just had really good luck with car stability with a front sway. I also think that I could incorperate that piece into the difussors and everything and make it look pretty cool!

Thanks for the help guys! Really appreciate it.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

I assumed that it was a front sway bar. Is it just to make the arms stronger??? Ive just had really good luck with car stability with a front sway. I also think that I could incorperate that piece into the difussors and everything and make it look pretty cool!

Thanks for the help guys! Really appreciate it.
The orginal front and rear arms were the weak point of the F201 when it first came out. With the front sway bar installed the arms did not break everytime you touched a board. The second version were extremly strong and you didn't have to use the sway bar to bulk up the front end.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Is there really any advantage to running it? Does the car react differently? Or is it more just a torsional support you know? Does it even connect to the chassis?
Old 09-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Champion

Is there really any advantage to running it? Does the car react differently? Or is it more just a torsional support you know? Does it even connect to the chassis?
If you are using the old arms then yes it does. If you catch a wheel check out the arms...It does not connect to the chassis and it acts like a strong sway bar for the front...
Old 09-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sent PMs to those who requested a listing of parts.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default New toy...

hello... just landed an F201. it has the stock chassis though, and i'm not digging the plastic everywhere. i see that 3Racing makes a carbon fiber chassis, but i've seen a handful of pics of an MLP chassis, with the super wide bottom.

any idea on where i could get the MLP F201 Carbon Chassis? google has let me down...

the car i bought seems to have most of the necessary hop-ups, but is there anything special i need so know about this car? random thoughts would be appreciated, as i'm not about to read through 5,000 posts in this thread...

another buy... where can i get the adjustable motor mount? i will be going brushless with this bugger...

i think that's all the questions i have for now... any thoughts are appreciated!! thanks.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

His website is http://www.mlpmotorsports.net/

The MLP chassis and the 3Racing chassis have adjustable motor mounts.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mallanaga
hello... just landed an F201. it has the stock chassis though, and i'm not digging the plastic everywhere. i see that 3Racing makes a carbon fiber chassis, but i've seen a handful of pics of an MLP chassis, with the super wide bottom.

any idea on where i could get the MLP F201 Carbon Chassis? google has let me down...

the car i bought seems to have most of the necessary hop-ups, but is there anything special i need so know about this car? random thoughts would be appreciated, as i'm not about to read through 5,000 posts in this thread...

another buy... where can i get the adjustable motor mount? i will be going brushless with this bugger...

i think that's all the questions i have for now... any thoughts are appreciated!! thanks.
Go with the Eagle or 3Racing chassis, the are Tamiya compatable....
Old 10-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

i saw the MLP website... but there's no where to buy on there.

what do you mean by tamiya compatible, nova? the MLP isnt? fair enough.

is the 3racing chassis still missing those 3 spacer by the battery tray? i see that FPM makes some parts that seem pretty nice. those bearing covers are going to be a must, with a bigger spur gear.

when i got this in the mail... i must say i was a bit disappointed... the design is excellent, but the chassis really let me down. i can't wait to get a carbon fiber one in there. it will seem like a 'real' R/C then... to me at least.

gadget... is your store operational? i see that a lot of your parts are out of stock. let me know... i have some shopping to do
Old 10-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Eagle and 3Racing chassis are the same chassis. They do not come with the spacers for the battery holder...that is a FPM part F1RC had made because we preferred to have all 4 screws holding the battery holder in place. They really aren't needed...more of a personal preference. MLP has a few different chassis. I believe one is entirely his own? Most are based off of the 3Racing chassis and is fully Tamiya compatible.

The store is still in operation but really low on parts. I've been having problems with the software so best bet it to e-mail me to see what parts I have.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

With the 3racing chassis it is possible to get ladder packs in there, just have to be careful when you do it but it is very easy.

I would avoid MLP, there are several people in Aus who have had bad experiences with him. PM me if you want details
Old 10-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

InspGadgt answered the question about parts...
Old 10-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

i'm not worried about battery packs. i'll be running lipo. i'm thinking about running 3S, maybe 5A. might have to go 2S... from motor limitations.

i want this bugger to be FAST. i'm not sure what motor i'll be using, but i'll prolly go with a quark 65A ESC. i can't wait to get some funds together for this thing.

edit: figured out what motor... 380C-6L (4899kv)

edit some more: what are my options for spur gears? i won't be able to get away with stock. even the high speed set will be wrong, i imagine. where's a good place to buy spurs, and what pitch am i looking at?

Last edited by Mallanaga; 10-04-2007 at 07:47 PM. Reason: ureka!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Pretty sure you can get the alu spur gear adapter from gadgetwerks.biz or you can probably get it on ebay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.