Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree344Likes

3 Racing Sakura XI Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
YESSS haha.. Honest I think this will be a nice leap in the right direction. Especially the big bore shocks, I thought the shorter shock towers were needed?
Yep, the big bores require SAK-U417 Graphite Front Shock Tower 3.5mm & SAK-U418 Graphite Rear Shock Tower 3.5mm

Have some on order .... waiting patiently lol
DaSilva3525 likes this.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:55 PM
Bri
Tech Regular

Was looking to get a Sakura XI Sport NU for racing in VTA and possibly USGT at an outdoor asphalt track. I saw a recommendation to get the aluminum steering rack. Does anyone have a part number? I saw a v1 and v2 so wasn't sure which one to get. Any other must haves to get started? Also, what's a good budget friendly roar 21.5, 25.5 motor and blinky esc?

Best regards,
Brian
Old 05-15-2018, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bri
Was looking to get a Sakura XI Sport NU for racing in VTA and possibly USGT at an outdoor asphalt track. I saw a recommendation to get the aluminum steering rack. Does anyone have a part number? I saw a v1 and v2 so wasn't sure which one to get. Any other must haves to get started? Also, what's a good budget friendly roar 21.5, 25.5 motor and blinky esc?

Best regards,
Brian
I think it's SAK-U113
V1 or V2 will work fine. Just use loctite when you screw in the ball studs.
They may not be bronze though.

Orca Blitreme motors are all the rage in my region right now.
Pairs perfectly with an Orca B32.

An alternative ESC that is at a lower price point is Scorpion S2-50.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bri

Best regards,
Brian
For the steering rack you can use 3RACING SAK-U113/PK_V2 Aluminum Steering System or 3RACING SAK-A511 Aluminum Steering System BUT I have yet to break the stock one, so far only broke a front arm on my 21.5 ... VTA has been bullet proof, dont think you need to upgrade anything before hitting the track

The only part you will need to replace while the build is the spur gear to achieve proper gearing for 21.5/25.5, you will need something around 90t 64p or 67t 48p

Turnigy trackstar motors are great budget motors, I am currently running the 21.5 https://hobbyking.com/en_us/tracksta...___store=en_us in TC and 25.5 in VTA, the 21.5 is roar legal but the 25.5 has not been submitted to roar yet, so you should check with ur local club if they will allow you to use it, both are under $50. For your esc u cant go wrong with a HOBBYWING XR10 JUSTOCK SPEC ESC around $50

Last edited by moparSRT; 05-16-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default XI Nu

How is car in crc black carpet? Any cost effective hopups and must have for durability? I want to pick 1 up weekend, thanks in advance.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Phat-Boy
How is car in crc black carpet? Any cost effective hopups and must have for durability? I want to pick 1 up weekend, thanks in advance.
Running VTA and 21.5 on crc black carpet, VTA has a couple upgrades, 21.5 is stock out of the box, very competitive at our track, so far only broke a front arm on the 21.5. Finishing up my 17.5 which again is box stock, will have this one out next weekend.

Lots and lots of upgrades available when you feel its time for upgrading, but is fine out of the box ... minus the spur gear, to many teeth.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparSRT
Running VTA and 21.5 on crc black carpet, VTA has a couple upgrades, 21.5 is stock out of the box, very competitive at our track, so far only broke a front arm on the 21.5. Finishing up my 17.5 which again is box stock, will have this one out next weekend.

Lots and lots of upgrades available when you feel its time for upgrading, but is fine out of the box ... minus the spur gear, to many teeth.
any of them "Robertboost" editions?
ASM and moparSRT like this.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
any of them "Robertboost" editions?
saving that for my 17.5
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Are these the correct pivot balls to use with the aluminum arm holders?

415-02 Pivot Ball - Heavy Duty (8pcs)

for these?

SAK-U306/PK 7075 RR Suspension Mount 1 Degree
Old 05-21-2018, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kufman
Are these the correct pivot balls to use with the aluminum arm holders?

415-02 Pivot Ball - Heavy Duty (8pcs)

for these?

SAK-U306/PK 7075 RR Suspension Mount 1 Degree
Yes
kufman likes this.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am building an XI Sport NU and am trying to get the servo mounted but it rubs against the steering rack so I can't get the servo mounted to the chassis. I am using a Savox 1258TG and I'm not sure if I am mounting it wrong or if my servo just isn't compatible with the mounting hardware setup. Would getting a floating servo mount help or anything else or do I need to get a low profile servo? Thanks
Old 05-23-2018, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Spaz360, what servo are you trying to install? There really isn't too much of a way to install it wrong There is only one hole for the outer support so it's pretty obvious if there is something funny going on with the install.. I installed a low profile Savox and Trackstar in mine no problem. I ended up having to do it twice when i found my Trackstar servo had some debris in it causing it to stick so I have "extra" servo installation experience. If you are using a high torque full size servo it could be it's a taller servo from the flanges than the low profiles causing the interference. I know I used a taller servo in my Tekno SCT and had to modify the mount a bit to make things line up due to the height of the servo. It's one of those cheap 20kg servos from Amazon.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by triguy1975
Spaz360, what servo are you trying to install? There really isn't too much of a way to install it wrong There is only one hole for the outer support so it's pretty obvious if there is something funny going on with the install.. I installed a low profile Savox and Trackstar in mine no problem. I ended up having to do it twice when i found my Trackstar servo had some debris in it causing it to stick so I have "extra" servo installation experience. If you are using a high torque full size servo it could be it's a taller servo from the flanges than the low profiles causing the interference. I know I used a taller servo in my Tekno SCT and had to modify the mount a bit to make things line up due to the height of the servo. It's one of those cheap 20kg servos from Amazon.
I am using a Savox 1258TG. It is a full size servo. I screw the mounts onto the servo and then screw in the side closest to the middle of the chassis first. But when I go to line up the mount that is at the end of the chassis, it can't line up because the end of the servo (The side with the servo saver) pushes against the steering rack and can't move far enough to line up the chassis and mount to screw in. The servo saver is fine, it is out of the way of the steering rack but the actual servo casing is pushing against the steering rack.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

I have heard of a savox servo (don't know which one) being too tall and rubbing the steering rack, that user cut the posts down a little to make it fit, floating servo wont fix that as it places the servo in the same spot. I have used various servos ranging from trackstar, futaba, sanwa & associated without issues, have zero experience with savox.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by moparSRT
I have heard of a savox servo (don't know which one) being too tall and rubbing the steering rack, that user cut the posts down a little to make it fit, floating servo wont fix that as it places the servo in the same spot. I have used various servos ranging from trackstar, futaba, sanwa & associated without issues, have zero experience with savox.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to take a close look to see how much I'll need to shave off to get it to fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.