Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree344Likes

3 Racing Sakura XI Sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kufman
I have never used the stock spur because I noticed that it isn't concentric. I would set the mesh and then turn the spur half a turn and the mesh would be very different. I have been using Kimbrough gears instead.
It is cool to see how much power the GM RACING 12T Delta motor makes, they say its equivalent to a 8.5T. Not sure if its coincidence but this Monday was the first time I started applying sun tan lotion to my foams, lots more traction and might be the reason the gear stripped out, having a narrow pinion doesn't help either.
kufman likes this.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Getting ready for some black carpet racing this sunday, built 2 vta cars to play around with rear toe, both have 0.5 toe in but different ways of achieving it ... warm up race for the annual Turkey Shootout @ Minnreg

Marcos.J likes this.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Had a blast racing on the rug at the Fuzz with the VTA twins, got around 4 hours of back to back practice before racing started, both were laying down identical lap times, ended up running the 2014 in the race ... it had new tires lol

Old 11-19-2018, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparSRT
Had a blast racing on the rug at the Fuzz with the VTA twins, got around 4 hours of back to back practice before racing started, both were laying down identical lap times, ended up running the 2014 in the race ... it had new tires lol

that car was on fire!!!
Old 11-20-2018, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Spool still going strong, but did manage to rip the rear ball stud out of the hub ... VTA car going strong with another win last night

Old 11-24-2018, 02:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looking for some help - Sakura Xi NU on black carpet. Mid Corner traction rolling VTA. Car is Fresh out of the box.

Stock springs
Stock Front Roll bar
Rear roll bar removed <- most notable improvement
2mm shim under inside front upper link
0mm shim under rear inside upper link
Front shocks stood all the way up
Rear Shocks laid all the way down
Front Droop 1mm over ride height
Rear Droop 1mm over ride height
Ride Height 5mm

Thank you in advance for any help.

John
Old 11-24-2018, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DrFelter
Looking for some help - Sakura Xi NU on black carpet. Mid Corner traction rolling VTA. Car is Fresh out of the box.

Stock springs
Stock Front Roll bar
Ride Height 5mm

John
CA on the front sidewalls.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yup, CA on the front sidewalls. Also, I ended up using Tamiya red springs in back, to solve my barrel rolling problems.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Red Springs - they must be softer than the stock spring?

I guess I was looking for a little more than glue the side walls, the car’s balance is so tweaked front to rear that I figured I was missing something.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Red Springs - they must be softer than the stock spring?

I guess I was looking for a little more than glue the side walls, the car’s balance is so tweaked front to rear that I figured I was missing something.
back in tq a racer told me to run tamiya red on the front and yellow on the rear. Red is the.softest in tamiya spring set. Also, too much side wall glue will make your car understeer (learn that in tcs race). Another possibility is your rear diff may be shimmed too tight. although most people wouldnt do.that.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Stock springs
Stock Front Roll bar
Ride Height 5mm

John
Now that im not at the track I can give you some more info, traction rolling on black carpet is normal, don't change ur set-up to try to fix this, applying ca glue to the front sidewalls will fix this, set ur car up so it handles how you like it. Changing your entire setup to try stopping the traction rolling will give you a car that does not handle very well on the rest of the track.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Hello . I'm planning on building one soon. To run VTA. Whats a good budget servo and motor? Im new to onroad. Thanks
Old 11-28-2018, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Elies12
Hello . I'm planning on building one soon. To run VTA. Whats a good budget servo and motor? Im new to onroad. Thanks
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/tracksta...08sec-45g.html or https://hobbyking.com/en_us/tracksta...09sec-57g.html ... the 411 is heavier so you will have a easier job getting your vta up to the required 1450g if your track tech for that kind of stuff.

I have a couple of the 99x servos in my vta cars, around 8 months with zero problems, they come with a 12 month warranty.

Trackstar Brushless Sensored Motor V2 25.5T Check with your local club if they allow it as its not on the roar list, we have been running these in florida with no problems. If your club requires roar approved motors then checkout the https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/prod...nt=28227779281
Old 11-28-2018, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Broke a rear hub on my 8.5t xi sport, added a set screw this time to the empty hole ... should make it stronger

Old 11-28-2018, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So... I like the 411 servo. I have it in two of my cars. I need to spend more time reviewing servos....

I believe this is a house branded version of the powerhd 1250 servo, and it's faster than the D99 or 411. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...g-0-06sec.html

I believe i'm running this: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/tracksta...05sec-28g.html on my FWD car, and it's quite fast and snappy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.