Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CSO-1 1/10 190mm Touring

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I will be in China next week for work and stopping in Hong Kong on the way in and out. Is there anyone who could recommend where I might be able to see this car in person, or where I might be able to pick up a kit for a better than internet price?

Also, any recommendations of shops to check out for general rc stuff while I am there would be great as well.

Last edited by puhrot; 05-26-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by puhrot
I will be in China next week for work and stopping in Hong Kong on the way in and out. Is there anyone who could recommend where I might be able to see this car in person, or where I might be able to pick up a kit for a better than internet price?

Also, any recommendations of shops to check out for general rc stuff while I am there would be great as well.
Look up "Kwong Wa Street, Mong Kok, Hong Kong" on google maps. There's a ton of RC shops there. I really like Action Model (you can see them in Street View). I'm not sure if they'll have CSO stuff, though. There's a good place to buy IP batteries across the street. Lots of other shops on that street, too. There's also some shops inside the little mall-ish thing counter-clockwise around the corner, on the left.

Also, look up "waigo near Kwong Wa Street, Mong Kok, Hong Kong". Waigo Model Hobby has a crazy huge stock of Tamiya and Yokomo stuff in there.

To get to that area, take the MTR to the Yau Ma Tei station, and take the exit A2. Walk towards Waterloo road, turn left on Waterloo, go past the hospital, turn left on Dundas, then right on Kwong Wa.

-Mike
Old 05-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

You know, I HATE to do this...but, I can't get any response from the CSO people. I ordered a kit, from RCMarket @2 months ago, and am NOT happy. The kit instructions were terrible, and was missing several screws...and the SPRINGS!! The differential is JUNK.. The washers, on the inside, are so thick, that the differential is terribly tight! I only added enough oil to lubricate the o-rings, to have it free as possible. I ended up using TOP PHOTON parts, to complete the kit. Driving the car, I've got severe 'push" issues. (Likely from the stiff differential)
I contacted RCMarket, and they said they's contact CSO...(I've heard nothing, so far) I had contact, on facebook, with someone..(not sure his position), and he sent me some springs, and 2 gear halves...(no help for the Diff)
i know...this wasn't too expensive, a kit, BUT...when it's missing parts...noone wants to correct issues, and I'm out...over $250...I'm just a little upset!!
I HOPE i can get some response, from this post....
Old 05-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Texas Postman
You know, I HATE to do this...but, I can't get any response from the CSO people. ............................
...................I had contact, on facebook, with someone..(not sure his position), and he sent me some springs, and 2 gear halves....
That seems like some response to me....

If it means anything, locally CSO is doing pretty well in races and drivers seems happy with their kits. I haven't driven a CSO yet but it does have my attention!
Old 05-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I just wish they'd CONTACT me, and make good! When you're missing parts, from the FACTORY, how can I give an evaluation???? This is an intolerable situation! CSO needs to send me parts...refund my money, or send me a replacement KIT!!
Old 05-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by puhrot

Simply go to his office
Old 05-31-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by choisan
Simply go to his office
I would love to meet up with him and buy one direct. Do you have any information on how to contact him or where his office is?
Old 05-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Are these available anywhere other than RCMushroom? When I looked earlier they were sold out.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

this car really looks like the Top Photon EX prototype prior to moving to XRay style arm mounts..
Old 06-08-2013, 04:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Texas Postman
You know, I HATE to do this...but, I can't get any response from the CSO people. I ordered a kit, from RCMarket @2 months ago, and am NOT happy. The kit instructions were terrible, and was missing several screws...and the SPRINGS!! The differential is JUNK.. The washers, on the inside, are so thick, that the differential is terribly tight! I only added enough oil to lubricate the o-rings, to have it free as possible. I ended up using TOP PHOTON parts, to complete the kit. Driving the car, I've got severe 'push" issues. (Likely from the stiff differential)
I contacted RCMarket, and they said they's contact CSO...(I've heard nothing, so far) I had contact, on facebook, with someone..(not sure his position), and he sent me some springs, and 2 gear halves...(no help for the Diff)
i know...this wasn't too expensive, a kit, BUT...when it's missing parts...noone wants to correct issues, and I'm out...over $250...I'm just a little upset!!
I HOPE i can get some response, from this post....
I'm with you....parts are terrible in quality.

Sold mine.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

I don't think the kit instructions qualify to be called instructions....
Old 06-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Apart from the instructions which are a joke the parts quality is superb and i have owned xray, associated and 3racing TC cars.
what other kit do you get 2x alloy servo horns ..i would say none.
I have had parts missing from high end manufacturers and my cso kit came complete.
I did buy a spare diff for the front that had no cross pins but contacted them on facebook and he sent them along with some free sticker sheets so thats prity good service if you ask me.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They are now imported by Gordon Ross(also of GQTires) in Maryland. His e-mail is [email protected]. He has kits and parts coming this week.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Good to know. The one I ordered for my dad should arrive this week, so its good to know there's somewhere to get parts stateside. Does Gordon have an online store front?

I'll be sure to post once I've built my dad's how it compares performance, quality, and durability-wise compared to the 2 T4's I have.
AWD
Old 06-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

His shop is Middle River Hobbies in Middle River Maryland.He is also the distributor for the GQfoam tires work great in WGT and F1! I believe they are working on a F1 car also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.